CHAPTER 69

Two Moons: The Beginning

~CHAPTER 69~

 

Hyuna- A bitter day http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=a8ZFHnuQEbw

 

 

December 25 was supposed to be a happy day where family members gather to share their love and blessings. It’s a holiday where one can spend it with a person dear to him.

It was Christmas and instead of having a party, they attended the funeral service for Kris.

Even though it was snowing making the place very cold, every student and fellow teachers of Kris came to his funeral. Mostly girls attended. They were crying hysterically even without knowing how he died.

Yoonmi and Rian, who were still shocked about the truth that Suho revealed, were very quiet that day.

While everyone was standing and mourning in front of Kris’ tombstone, Hana stood from afar. She was wearing a white dress with a white ribbon as a headband. She was pale and trembling. It didn’t matter to her. Tears continued to fall and she couldn’t stop them.

She felt very cold. With her pale face, one can mistook her for a ghost. She blinked slowly and watched them standing by his grave. Her heart was squeezed in pain. “...Kris, why did you lie? Why did you leave me? ...You promised that we’ll be together, right?” She felt a lump on . Her voice was nearly gone.

The guardians were standing with the crowd. They knew that Hana was in a distance. Suho glanced at her. If only he could take her pain, he will. He always wanted to see her bright smile. “...Hana.”

A hand patted his shoulder. He looked back and saw Chen shaking his head. He understood. They needed to give her space. It was too much for her to take.

At a young age, she found her first love. And at that age, she lost him.

 

 

After everyone was gone, I slowly walked towards his grave.

Kris Wu

Forever in our hearts..

Nov. 6, XXXX-Dec. 24,2012

 

Tears blurred my vision. “Do you remember when we first m-met?” I gripped on my dress. “It was the first day of winter break.” I smiled painfully. “I remembered how you caught me in your arms...” I exhaled a shaky breath. “W-why did you decide to catch me?” I sniffed. “Why didn’t you let me slip to the ground?” *Why did fate led me to you?*

A cold breeze hit my body and I shivered. I swallowed and my gaze fell on the ring on my ring finger. “I-I’m wearing it.” I lifted my hand. “At least, I fulfill my promise, unlike you!” My lips trembled and I covered my mouth. I sat on my knees and sobbed harder. “I-I wanna hear your voice Kris. Call me your Careless lad. It doesn’t matter...as long as you’re with me.” I closed my eyes and memories flashed.

 

I was walking through the icy road when I slipped and almost fell on my . Luckily, there was a man who caught me in his arms.

I stared at his face and what I saw is something unimaginable. His eyes were deep yet passionate and his gaze was unbreakable. The more I looked at him, the more I saw his whole face. It was serious but something tells me he’s nice. We stared at each other for quite a moment in time.

It was pretty cold; really cold. The black scarf on his neck matches the color of his eyes. My heartbeat began to race. I thought he noticed it that’s why he let go.

“Thanks.” I said offering my hand covered with glove.

“It’s fine.” The man turned away and left.

I never asked his name. But I remembered his face.

 

“Omo! Did you just say thousand years ago?! Then that means?!” My eyes widen when I looked at Kris. *Did I just fall for an old man?* I raised my brow.

“Yah, Careless girl. Don’t make your face like that, it is already complicated as it is.” Kris made fun of me again. Suho-oppa and Kai let out a laugh when they heard this.

“Hey, you’re drooling.” Kris laughed.

“Huh?” I touched my lips but they was no drool. “Kris, you liar!” I hit him and the coffee he was drinking fell on his lap.

“Aish!!! Careless girl!!” His chair moved backward. I tried to wipe the coffee. He shoved.

“Yah! Where do you think you’re wiping?! You Careless Girl!” He stood up.

 

I chuckled. “You always call me careless girl.” I wiped the tear on my cheek and sniffed.

 

I heard the window door closed. I didn’t dare to look up. It was silent. And then I felt something on my shoulders. I looked up and saw Kris’ head on my shoulder.

“Yah! Don’t move. I need to sleep.” Grabbed my shoulder and drew it closer to his head.

“Why didn’t you leave?”

“Isn’t obvious? I need to sleep. So, don’t move.” Kris acted like a kid.

I laughed. I just sighed. I just sighed because of his actions. “Liar.” I whispered to him. “But thanks anyway.”

He smiled and slept.

 

“Aren’t we going to dance, you Careless lad?”

I looked up and remembered my savior’s face. Kris. “K-Kris..” *oh god, Hana, why did you just stutter?! How humiliating!* He reached out his hand and I slipped my hand into his. *Ugh, how many times am I going to die today?!* I was in paradise-the moment we danced together.

“I believe I am the last person from the guardians who danced with you, right?”

*Is he starting a conversation?* “n-neh..” I was looking at his face the entire time. It was like living the dream and never stepping out of it. “B-by the way, what happened to T. Jung?” I looked at the sides and she wasn’t there.

“She needed to go to the restroom.”

“Oh.” *Oh so you’re dancing with me because I’m just a substitute?!* I stopped dancing and he gave me a look.

“Why did we stop?”

“Isn’t it obvious? I don’t want to anymore.” I crossed my arms and ignored him. “I can’t believe you...j-just go away.” I turned around and started walking.

“Huh?” Kris began to walk towards my direction. “But I’m not done with you yet.” He reached for my hand and turned me. WE were very close to the point that there was only an inch separating us. “I haven’t given you my gift yet.”

*I’m going to die...* “G-Gift?”

“Yep... It’s your birthday gift.” He smiled and presented a small red box from his suit.

 

“Hana! Open your eyes!” He said while holding my hand. I gulped hard and slowly opened them. *It’s beautiful.* I can see everything. The green pastures with colorful patches stretched before the city. And to top that, the sun was also near the horizon. I looked up and saw Kris smiling.

“It’s beautiful, isn’t it?” He shouted and I grinned.

“I’m flying!” I told him.

Kris smiled. *An angel.* He gripped on my other hand so we circled on the air. If Kris can only stop time, he will. For some reason, this is one of those moments that made him feel alive again.

 

“Guys, before we enter this door, I just want you all to know that this will not be the end.” He eyed each one of us. “Whatever awaits us inside, let’s promise that we’ll fulfill this mission.”

“Neh.” I smiled while placing a hand at the center. “We will return.”

Daeji and D.O. placed theirs on top of mine. “safely.” The other guys placed their hands too. “Together.” Kris said while looking at me.

And just like that, we went to our own paths.

 

I intertwined my fingers in front of my chest. Together. That word echoed in my head.

I gazed at the clouds above while tears were falling. In a glimpse of an eye, the snow stopped and the clouds slowly moved apart making the sun's rays shine on his grave. "Kris" *Together....forever* 

 

"You're safe now....don't cry..." My cheek felt warm from his touch.

 

 

Raising my hand to my cheek, I suddenly came into the realization which made a small smile appear. "Babo Hana. Babo." I looked down at the gravestone.

“You were always right. I’m such a careless lad. If it wasn’t because of me, you wouldn’t have died.” A tear fell on my cheek but I quickly wiped it.

 

 "It will be okay"

 

“Kris, I’m sorry for being such a helpless idiot.” I frowned and patted his grave. “Thank you for appearing in my life...because if you didn’t, who knows where I am right now.”The cold breeze blew again but this time it felt like it was comforting me. I felt different presences behind me and the bracelet twinkled.

I turned and saw the guardians, Daeji, Rian and Yoonmi smiling at me. Kai stepped before me and offered a hand. He was smiling at me.

I gazed at his hands then at his face. I reached for his hand and gripped on it.  He grinned and pulled me into a hug. My eyes widened in surprise. “Kai...” .

He chuckled. “Babo. Kris never left us. He’s always in our hearts.” He said and then, I felt myself tremble. My hands made their way to his back and I gripped on his shirt. 

I heard him chuckle. “Babo.”

 "It will be okay"

 

Smiling to myself, I rolled my eyes and pushed him away. “Yah! Who are you calling a babo?!” I placed my hands on my waist. He blinked and waved his hands in front.

“Not me~” He said and teleported behind the others.

“kai!” I shouted after him. I could hear laughter in the air. I shot them a look. “Stop laughing!” I whined. They shook their heads before going before me. I gazed at them and I saw their warm expressions.

“Group hug!” D.O. shouted and then I found myself getting squeezed to death.  A smile appeared on my face when I felt their warmth. I glanced at his grave. 

 

He didn’t leave. He was always here beside me.

Thank you, Kris

 

 

 


Mianhe (le bows) Everything is so fast. Sigh.