CHAPTER 26

Two Moons: The Beginning

~CHAPTER 26~

"The game shall begin!"

 

7:00am

On the campsite, I and the others were sitting on the grassy ground.

“Alright, listen up! Today we will have a treasure hunt!” The gym coach shouted. Everyone wondered in awe. It was everyone’s first time to participate in that game.

“I’m really anticipating this!” Daeji s in my arm then gripped it. *She’s really excited.*

“The number of students here is 97. There are 77 10th grader and 20 11th grader” He looked at his paper. “Now, we will divide you to red team and blue team.”

“Omo...No, no...” Daeji sulked. “I wanna be in Hana’s team.”

“Me too. I want to be in your team.” I said while giggling. I felt better thanks to that cute anonymous guy.

“Now, will everyone please count 1, 2.” When Daeji heard this, she switched position with the person beside her. She gave me a thumbs up. *Wise, Daeji.*

I glanced side to side and I saw Kai standing far away. “1” The one beside me said.

“Huh? It’s me already? Ah-1..Ani, I mean, 2!” My face turned red. Everyone was laughing at my mistake again. I saw Suho-oppa making an “Aja” gesture. I felt something was boosting inside me. *Thanks, Suho-oppa.* I nodded at him. He was standing beside Lay.

“Now, those who said 1 please go to the left side and 2 goes to the right side.” He shouted.

Daeji and I jumped in delight. “You’re so wise Daeji-ah..” I whispered to her.

“I’m great, aren’t I?” She acted proud. I turned and look at my team. My eyes widened when I saw Sehun and Luhan in my team. Kai was nowhere. I looked at the other team and I saw him. He looked irritated. He wanted to cross the line.

“Yah! Don’t cross the line!” The coach shouted at him. Kai fretted then stepped back.

 

“Oppa! We’re on the same team!” Minyoung grasped his arm.

Kai wasn’t paying attention to her at all. His gaze was at Hana.

 

“Omo! Where is my D.O?!” Daeji then moved back and forth. D.O. was standing on Kai’s team. “Aish! Why didn’t you think, you derp-face!” Daeji pointed at D.O.

“Me? Did you just call me derp-face?” D.O. his teeth then made a face. "I don't want to be in your group because of you.. Tsk, calling me derp face. I'm too adorable for that!" He stuck his tongue out.

“Yeah! You no-brain punk!” Daeji shouted again. She made everyone laugh.

“That’s enough! Save this heated fight for later” The coach was also laughing a moment ago. “Now, let’s proceed to the next procedure. One team has 48 members while the other 49.”

Everyone nodded. My team has 48 members.

“The one with the larger number will be the blue team while the red team is the other. Now, please divide the each team into 7 groups!” He shouted.

*Ahh then my team is red.*

“How will we do that?” One person asked.

“Think of a way! That’s how this thing works!” The coach shouted and his nerves on the neck were showing.  The person went back to his team.

“Everyone please gather around.” Shiro, 10th grade student council president was in my team. *Glad he's here.* “We will divide ourselves into 7... How?” He smiled. “With this.” He showed popsicle sticks on his hand with different numbers on it.

You’re brilliant!” “He’s really suited to be the president!”

Everyone gathered around. Everyone got the chance to pick a stick on his hands without any sort of cheating. Daeji went ahead of me because there was no chance if we picked at the same time.

“I got 3.” She elbowed me.

“I’m up next with the next batch.” I prayed with all of my heart and when I chose a stick it was number 4. “Omo. How come there is no luck for me?” I wavered side to side. I landed my face on my palms.

“I should have asked you to pick first. I wasn’t thinking enough.” Daeji pouted. We both sulked in despair.

The red team formed a circle when the picking was finished. We began to divide ourselves into 7. One group has only 6 members; it was my group again.

“Why has luck abandoned me?” I whined. I looked at the persons in my group. I became gloomier when I saw Sehun and Luhan in my team.

“Yah, stop doing that. You’re making it more miserable than it is.” Haesung stood beside me. She was also in my group.

“What am I going to do?” I turned around and I saw Rian standing behind me. "Rian!" 

Then, she whacked my head.

"Owww.. Why did you do that for?" I rubbed my head while squatting. 

"Yah. You intentionally left me with Suho-oppa, didn't you?" She placed her hands on her waist.

"So.... How did it go?" I while pointing at her sides.

She blushed. "Of course.. It went well." She grinned. "It was the best moment of my life! Thanks to you!" She held my shoulders.

I smiled at her. But I felt somewhat guilty because of the secrets that I have to keep. *Mianhe, Rian.* I hugged her. She hugged me back.

"I'm sorry for how I treated you before. I never knew you were  this nice." She rubbed my back. 

"It's ok." After that, we released each other and smiled. 

"Rian!" Yoonmi called for her. .She was on the other group. 

"Oh, Yoonmi!" She turned then she turned back. "I'll come back." I nodded.

 

I was left alone. But suddenly, Haesung went to my side.

“We’re a team and we will fight together.” Haesung smiled at me.

*This was the first time Haesung and I have a conversation.* “Yeah.” I felt a nice feeling. “We’re a team.” *It sounded nice.*

“Who is the last member?” I turned around and I saw Jiyoung. “Jiyoung!”

I smiled at her. “We’re on the same team.”

“Yeah!” She smiled brightly today. It was like there was a sudden change in things. But nonetheless, I will use this opportunity to have fun with everyone else.

“Listen up! There are 7 areas where you will the pieces of the puzzle. We divided each group to 7 to make it easier. Now, please wear your colored headbands to indicate which group you are in!” He shouted. We started wearing our headbands.

“Now, we will give each team 7 maps. You will be the ones who will divide yourselves into each area. There are also teachers assigned on each area who will give you clues to find the pieces.”

Shiro gave my group a map of a mountainous area with a waterfall.

There was a red mark on a spot. It was the place where we should find clues.

“Everyone! This hunt will be until 3 in the afternoon so bring your bags and chosen things. There are packed lunches on the table so better grab one. Remember that this hunt is around the whole vicinity of Jeju!” He paused then looked at his watch. “It is already 8:00 in the morning. The game shall start now!”