CHAPTER 65

Two Moons: The Beginning

~CHAPTER 65~

 

 

 

This.is.not.the.Xiumin.I.know.” Lay gripped on the collar of Xiumin. He threw punches at his face. Xiumin smirked and narrowed his eyes.

“Well, this is the Yixing I know.” He commented making Lay furious. All this time Lay was controlling himself. He chose to live a new life than to cling into his past. “I thought Yixing no longer exist.”

Lay breathe hard and threw another punch in Xiumin’s face. “Shut.up.” He leaned Xiumin closer. “I’m not like you. I don’t live as a ghost in the past.” Lay looked straight into Xiumin’s eyes. “Did you honestly think that your family will be glad seeing you like this? Did you think Mina will be happy with you getting your revenge?! You’re just like Chanyeol!” He threw another punch in Xiumin’s face.

Xiumin gritted his teeth and spat some blood on the floor. He glared at Lay and shoved him hard. “Don’t you dare say her name as if you knew her! You know nothing Lay!” Xiumin stood up and clenched his fists. Soon, ice was created in Lay’s feet making him frozen in his spot.

Lay breath hard. *I shouldn’t let my anger get to me. Stop it, Lay.* He closed his eyes and inhaled some air. *You are not Yixing. You’re Lay now. You are Lay.*

Xiumin’s eyes glowed with light blue. He charged to Lay and was going to punch him in the face but Lay opened his eyes and looked at Xiumin. In that instant, Xiumin’s hand stopped before his face. He couldn’t hurt Lay whose gaze was filled with warmth and sympathy. “Hyung.” He called him. “Hyung. Wake up.” He held Xiumin’s hand and lowered it.

Xiumin’s lips quivered. *Not now, please... When I'm this close* He bit his lip and gathered his strength.

"Xiumin-hyung" Lay called him in a soft voice while his hand was now on Xiumin's shoulder. 

The poor hyung lowered his head and gritted his teeth. Pain was now coming back in his once frozen heart. I-I need to k-kill them all. They don’t d-deserve our lives.” His heart was hurting. Among all people, why was it him that became a guardian who will help the Maiden save humanity. *Why was I chosen?* Mina, Sena and Rima’s faces flashed before him. All the ones he loved were taken away because of human’s filthy ways. He lost everything because of them. “Why me?!” He fell on his knees.

Lay watched his hyung and then glanced at Suho and Chen who were busy fighting each other. *We’re killing each other. This is all wrong.* Lay frowned and patted Xiumin’s head. He lowered his upper body and hugged Xiumin. “Don’t let anger fill your heart. Have you forgotten the love you have for your family? Have you forgotten your love for your brothers?” He whispered.

Xiumin stared in midair while tears were falling. *I haven’t. B-But I...*

“Remember what Nolae told you that day.” Lay tightened the hug. It was hard for him because the ice on his feet was a hindrance. Xiumin closed his eyes and remembered her.

“Nolae.”

 

I’m here because you’re going to live.

 

Her voice echoed in his head. She was gone now so was the reason the same? Is it gone? Xiumin clenched his fist. He didn’t know what is right anymore.

Lay opened his eyes and held his shoulders. He looked at him with sincere eyes. “Do you remember that day Hana was on the ER?”

“...” Xiumin just looked at him.

Lay smiled a little but his dimple still showed. “That day I was inside the ER doing my best to heal her wounds but my powers wasn’t enough. She was 50/50.”

“That has nothing to do with me.”

“It has.” Lay said sternly. “Ye Nolae came and helped me.” With his statement, Xiumin’s eyes widened. “She was there. She was the one who saved her.”

“Y-You’re lying! She’s already dead!” Xiumin gripped on Lay’s collar but he realized that the guy's gaze wasn’t wavering. “You know I’m not.”

Xiumin gulped and loosened his grip. “But why?”*Why would she bother saving Hana?* 

“It’s because Hana is someone very special.” *That’s what she told me before she disappeared.* Lay said.

Xiumin’s hands fell on his sides. He closed his eyes. 

He forgot what he promised to Nolae before she died.  

 

I promise that I’ll protect the Maiden. I promise, my lady.

 

But he also remembered how the EVIL one persuaded him to change sides. He poisoned Xiumin’s mind making him neglect his promise. Tears fell and Xiumin was sobbing hard. “I-I... betrayed everyone.” He said and punched the ground. Chen and Suho’s attention were turned to him. They stopped fighting.

“Xiumin...” Chen’s heart fell. Suho watched Lay comforted his brother.

“It’s not too late.” Lay patted his shoulder. “You can still fulfill it. Nolae is watching you.” Xiumin looked up and his eyes widened. He can see Nolae’s silhouette behind Lay. She was smiling brightly at him. It reminded him of Hana.

Smile, Xiumin!” Her voice said but it was only him who can hear because it must be a fragment of his memory. Xiumin closed his eyes and he saw his family smiling at him. He can see them saying something.

Live, Yeobo. Be happy.” Mina said to him. With that, his family pointed to their hearts before they waved and disappeared.

 

Silence filled the place. Xiumin stood up with Chen helping him. They turned their backs and started to walk away. The ice on Lay’s feet melted when Xiumin waved his hand.

“Where are you going?” Suho voiced out. Chen and Xiumin stopped on their tracks but it was only Chen who looked back. Suho can see how regretful he was.

“Chanyeol.” Xiumin replied. “We need to stop-“ He was cut off when a huge spear hit his stomach. Their eyes widened when Xiumin fell on the ground.

Xiumin!!!” They shouted. Chen gripped on the spear that hit him. He removed it and let his hands cover the wound. “You can’t die!” Chen was panicking. “L-Lay!”

Lay came to his aid and nodded. He placed his hands on Xiumin’s stomach.

“D-Don’t.” Xiumin shoved his hands away. “The others need your powers.”

“What are you saying?!” Chen shouted. “You can’t die!” He was at the verge of crying. Xiumin coughed and blood came out of his mouth.

Lay wrinkled his brows and ordered Chen to hold his (Xiumin's)  hands. “Shut up. Xiumin.” He touched his stomach and began to heal him.

 

Meanwhile, Suho was facing the attackers of Xiumin. His eyes were glowing with royal blue. “How dare you?!” He hissed and lifted his hands. The water that was surrounding the floors rose up. When Suho swayed his hands in front, the water moved and hit its targets. Some humanoids dodged the attack but some fell on the pit on the sides.

Dozens of humanoids appeared from each side and now they were surrounded. Suho raised his hands and created a barrier for the other three. “Leave them alone. Your enemy is right here!” The humanoids tilted their heads.

“You mean enemies are right here.” Chen spoke beside him and they both smirked at each other.

“I’m going to punish you later for cursing at me.” Suho spoke and they chuckled. Their gazes fell on the humanoids before them. Soon, the fight began.

 

Daeji spat on the ground and smirked at Tao who slid a few feet away. He already got some wounds. “That’s what you get for mocking a girl.”

“Tsk.” He wiped his mouth. His ears picked up sounds on the stairs. He turned his head and narrowed his eyes. “I already said I don’t need a backup why-“

 A humanoid charged towards him ready to hit his face but luckily, he dodged and kicked it. It fell on the pit. “What the hell?!” He shouted.

“Looks like they turned their back on you.” Daeji smirked. She looked on the pit. *It’s very deep.* She bit her lip.

Tao his lips and watched as the humanoids arrived in the arena. He was annoyed because nothing went according to plan. Instead of Daeji, it should be D.O. who he was fighting. 

He noticed the ground where Xiumin and the other three were fighting. He saw the Lay was hugging Xiumin while he was...crying. Tao pursed his lips. “They’ve given up.” *What’s so great about her? Why are they changing their hearts?!* He clenched his fists and lowered his head.

Daeji saw a humanoid was going to kick Tao towards the pit so she ran towards it and hit it in the face. “Tao, what the heck?!” She blurted out making Tao jumped in surprise. He blinked and deciphered what just happened.

“Why aren’t you moving?” Daeji asked in an irritated tone. Tao raised a brow. “Why should i?”

Daeji rolled her eyes. “Aish. What an Arrogant panda.”

“Mwoh?!” Tao snapped his head. Daeji gritted her teeth. “Yah! I need to go after D.O. so will you just cut some slack?!”

Tao rolled his eyes. “As if I’ll listen to a girl like you.” He muttered under his breath before he spin in the air and hit the head of a humanoid with his feet. Its face hit the ground making Tao smirked.

*Too easy.* His smirk disappeared when the humanoid slowly stood up. Tao stepped back sturprised. 

Daeji chuckled. “Simple combat is no use. You need to remove the heads or restrain them.” Tao slowly nodded and gazed at the humanoids. He found them disgusting.

“I’ll choose the former.” He charged to a humanoid and by using his blade, he slit the its head.  

 

~EXO-K- Mama~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=o5Uoc0xOIRw

 

Chanyeol’s eyes glowed with a darker red. He ran towards me and gripped on my neck making my feet leave the ground. I held and tried to remove his hand but I failed. He was too strong. His anger was too strong. “Because you’re the reason she died.” He hissed. My heart fell when I saw his eyes-his lonely eyes.

“L-let go..” I was nearly out of breath. “C-chan...yeol..” I gritted my teeth and mustered all my strength to kick his stomach. He fell on the ground and released me. I coughed hard before wiping the tears on my cheeks.

Chanyeol held his stomach. It was hurting like hell. “Aish!!” He shouted and stood up.

 

After how many minutes, Chanyeol and I engaged into a deadly fight. I narrowed my eyes and swayed my arms on the side. The wind moved from the east and moved to hit Chanyeol but he dodged with his fire. “Tch.” I hissed. I was trying to grasp some air. *I’m weakening...* I clenched my fists and teleported beside him hitting his arm. I quickly teleported away.

Chanyeol winced in pain and cursed under his breath. He was also near his limit. “Let’s settle this.” He moved his arms sidewards and raised them. Two huge fireballs were created.

My jaw dropped. *How am I going to handle th-* My eyes widened when it flew towards me.I dodged with my arms making me cry in pain. “Aaaahh!!!” My arms were burned. I fell on the ground and tried to control the pain. Tears were already falling. I screamed again.

I heard footsteps walking towards me. My vision was already blurry. I was no match for Chanyeol. *No use...I’m going to die...* I shut my eyes and waited for his final attack.