CHAPTER 70

Two Moons: The Beginning

~CHAPTER 70~

 

4Men- U http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ZtRBs4TfnXo

 

After a few weeks, I began to live normally again. Each day, they will visit me and we will hang out. Rian and Yoonmi were back on being themselves. A day wouldn’t end without their bickering with Daeji. I would tend to laugh at their expressions.

Suho-oppa and D.O. were practically forced to join side on their girls. They looked troubled but who cares?! As long as they’re with Rian and Daeji, it will always be okay.

I smiled while watching them hold each other’s hands. It emittted a warm feeling.

“Oh my god! Hana is smiling!” Kai covered his mouth and acted like he couldn’t believe it. I rolled my eyes before hitting his arm.

“Shut up.”

He smirked and pushed me with his shoulder. He gave me a knowing look. “Oh come on. I was complimenting you.” He poked my cheeks making me smile.

“Stop it!” I giggled. The two of us gazed at each other’s eyes and smirked. I poked his sides and shifted while laughing. I laughed and he did the same. None of us wanted to back down. We were practically laughing our lungs out.

I didn’t notice that the others were smiling at the two of us.

Suho-oppa squeezed Rian’s hand and they looked at each other. They smiled and Rian rested her head on his shoulder. Yoonmi saw them and awkwardly glanced at Sehun who was busy staring at Kai and I. She frowned.

“Lunch is ready!” D.O. called us over.

“Neh!”

 

I was sitting on the floor of my balcony even though it was chilling. I held the hot mug between my hands and blew over the hot choco. It became a hobby to stay up late because it became hard for me to sleep.

I gazed at the stars that filled the nightsky. A smile was formed without me knowing it. “Somewhere... I know you’re there watching over me, right?” A star caught my eyes. It was twinkling and bright. It was different from the others.

I smiled to myself and inhaled the scent of my choco. I closed my eyes. “I’m thankful for them. Those guys..” I chuckled. “They visit me everysingle day. It’s irritating, I know. But I couldn’t help but feel really blessed. Despite the noise they create, they always manage to shoo the negative feelings I have.”

I sighed and looked at the star. “If it wasn’t for you, I might have not met them.” Heat rose to my cheeks because of the hot choco. “We’ll always be together just like you promised.”

“Talking to him again?”

I gasped and ly to see Chanyeol. “Chanyeol.”He told me to stop calling him grandpa.  I smiled as he made his way to my side. He sat and placed his elbows on his knees.

“You know someone might say you’re crazy since you’re talking to yourself.” He pointed out.

Instead of glaring at him, my gaze softened. The Chanyeol who wanted to kill me was already gone. “Thank you, Chanyeol.” I placed my mug on the side and hugged him.

He blinked in surprise. “For what?”

I smiled and inhaled his scent. “For being here beside me.”

He smiled before he hugged me back and kissed my head. *I’ll be here for you.*

 

We returned to class after five days. Everything was back to normal again. Almost.

I breathed to my gloves and rubbed them together. I simultaneously stepped my feet while looking at my sides.

“Sehun! Will you hurry up?!” I shouted. Kai and the others already boarded the bus while Sehun was slowly walking towards me. I furrowed my eyebrows when I saw him rolling his eyes.

“No need to act so grumpy in the morning.” He said and tapped the area between my brows.

“Palli!” I stomped my feet and pushed him forward making him chuckle.

The passengers gave us a look. I couldn’t stop bowing. “Mian..Mian..” I made my way at the back and sat between Kai and Chen.

“Sehun again?” Kai raised a brow and tilted his head. I sighed and nodded. I wore my earphone to ease my irritation.

“I never knew he was like this... so tardy.” I muttered under my breath.

Chen who was beside me reading a book chuckled secretively. “Perks of being a repeater.”

 

When we arrived at the school, we can practically hear the screams of the guys’ diehard fans. I pursed my lips and gripped on the strap of my bags. I was bracing myself for the worst.

Ever since we returned to school. Gossips about my relationship with Kris, T. Jung and Jiyoung broke out. I didn’t know where they got the information but the rumors had bad effects...for me.

One rumor said that I was bullying Jiyoung...which of course was not new to me. Another was saying that I was seducing Kris and that resulted for his breakup with T. Jung. But the rumor that hit me hard the most was I was the reason for Kris’ death. It was real after all.

“Is there something wrong?” Kai patted my shoulder so I looked up. “You’re so quiet.”

I smiled and shook my head. “I am just worried... for my exams.” I sighed and frowned. Kai blinked and stepped back.

“Whoa! That is so not like you~ The wise Hana is troubled by her exams?” He clicked his tongue. “I think it’s not Sehun who’s tardy.”

“Yah.Yah.” I hit his arm and he chuckled. “Don’t compare me to the likes of that arrogant guy.” I shot Sehun a look. He rolled his eyes for the nth time.

Fortunately, the guys didn’t know a thing about these rumors. Rian, Yoonmi and Daeji knew but I begged them not to say anything. My gaze fell on Luhan. I could feel him stare at me. He was other by something. *Luhan* I bit my lip. *You knew* I actually forgot that he can read minds. I mentally face palmed myself.

We were on our way to our classroom when I remembered that my English textbook was on my locker. “You go ahead. I forgot something on my locker.” I said to them and ran.

Kai and the other just shrugged. Luhan, on the other hand, stared at my running back.

 

My eyes widened when I opened my locker. “My things...” I bit my lip and slowly touched my English book. It was soaked with vinegar-well everything in my locker, that is.

“When are you planning to keep this from them?”

I quickly shut my locker when I heard Luhan’s voice beside me. “I-I...”

He glanced at my locker then at the girls who were hiding behind the column in a distance. They gasped and ran away. “I know you made your decision and I’m respecting that.  But the others are not as understanding as me... If they hear about this-“

“Please don’t.” I clenched my fists. “Don’t tell them anything, Luhan.” I looked up at him with teary eyes. His gaze softened. “This is between me and them. I don’t want to bother the guys.” I looked away. I heard him sigh.

“Alright. I will not say anything. But..” He leveled his height with mine and held my chin upwards. “If things got out of hand, don’t expect to just sit still and relax.” He said before patting my head. I slowly nodded. “Now, let’s go. They’re already asking where you are.”

“N-Neh.” I pursed my lips and walked beside him. “Thanks, Luhan.” I smiled at him and he did the same.

 

It was a very cold night. Everyone was already on slumber.

Kai swang his arm on his pillow and muttered something under his breath. “...Take..that..ogre.”

Suho who was sleeping on a bed beside his shifted uncomfortably. He was having an odd dream.He furrowed his brows and gripped on his bed sheet.

 

Suho’sDreamworld

I was sitting on a wooden chair while writing on a pad on a wooden table. Everything around me looked so peaceful. The sun was shining brightly and the plants were on its greenest. I enjoyed my moment scribbling words when I saw a shining butterfly passed in front of my eyes. I followed it with my gaze and gasped when I found a person standing before me.

“hana....no... Nolae?”  I asked  her. She nodded. The expression on her face tells me that something’s not right.

“Suho, you need to go back to the spring of destiny.” She said and I quickly stood up.

“What? Why?” I asked her. She turned around and began to walk. I followed her.

I stopped on my track when I saw the Spring of Destiny. It was the place where we held meetings. It was the place where we vowed to protect the Maiden. It was the place where Nolae sealed her book. It was the place where she was buried.

The place that was once surrounded with white flowers and green plants was now turned to a dark forest. I can feel evil emanating from it. “What happened here?!” I touched a leaf making it crumble to ashes. My hand lowered and looked at her.

“They’re using Hakai to destroy this place.” She held her hands together and sighed. “If this place is destroyed, Hana will be in danger. This place is her protection. This place is the connection between me and her.” She walked towards me and held my hands. “Please Suho. Bring the guardians with you. You need to restore this place!”

My heart pounded with a peculiar feeling. “We will. But...how long will it take?”

She lowered her head and released me. She turned and eyed the place. “It might take months? Years? don’t know.” She swallowed. “I know it will be hard because you’ll leave important people behind. But Hana...she’s your top priority.”

I looked at her and closed my eyes. “We’ve got no choice, don’t we?”

She nodded before she gave me a weak smile and disappeared.

 

I woke up and found myself sweating. My gaze fell on Kai. I leaned towards the picture frame on my side table. My thumb touched the glass. “I’m sorry” My gaze fell on Hana and Rian who were standing smiling and half-hugging each other.