CHAPTER 54

Two Moons: The Beginning

Hey guys, this is a long and fast chapter.... I admit the events here are too fast O.o And I'm sorry about that.... I need to rush this fic so I can end it before college starts. 

Please bear with me >_<

For those who commented, subcribed, upvoted and read this fic, I'm truly grateful!! Thank you so much for your time and support... 

 

 


~CHAPTER 54~

 

 

 “Wake up. We’re here.” I felt someone poke my cheek making me jumped out of my dreamland. I furrowed my brows before I opened my eyes. When I looked up, I saw Kris staring at me.

“What?” I was annoyed because he just disturbed my dream about Baek and his dog. We were running around like little kids.

“I said we’re here. Get your lazy out of the car, Careless Lad.” He told me before leaving. I blinked a few minutes.

“We’re here?!” I asked in delight before running out of the car. When I set my feet on the ground, my mouth was agape. I was facing a luxurious hotel. “This is where we’re going to stay?!” I blurted out not caring to the Chinese passersby.

“Close your mouth. You’re embarrassing the two of us.” Kris touched my chin and lifted it up. “Let’s enter, shall we?” He asked and we looked at each other. I grinned and nodded.

Ahjussi! I’m definitely going to get us gold medals!

 

“With the values of x and y.....” The host asked. I was focused to win gold medals. This is for Ahjussi and the school. I should not lose. I hit the button. “131.” I said and the bell rang indicating I got the right answer. I smirked and gazed at the LCD screen on top. My score was now 58. The one who followed me was 36. It doesn’t mean I should slack off.

After hitting the button for how many times, I managed to receive a score of 128. I passed the preliminaries. I was now in semi-finals.

“Now let’s welcome our champion for the preliminaries, garnering 128 points out of 150, Ms. Park Hana from Seoul International Academy.” The audience clapped as I entered the stage and acquired my gold medal. I bowed and went down again. Kris was waiting for me. He gave me a high-five.

“For someone as careless as you, it’s a miracle to see you win in these things.” He said making me step on his foot. He winced in pain and cursed. “Never underestimate my brain, Old man.” I patted his head and went to the comfort room.

 

The awarding of the preliminary winners was already finished when I just got to the Comfort Room. I was inside a cubicle sitting on the bowl cover. I was thinking how I will interact with Kris. It will be just the two of us from now onwards. I sighed. If only I brought Suho-oppa with me...

The door opened and I could hear footsteps. I stood up and was ready to go out when I heard my name.

“That’s right. Her name is Park Hana.” A girl who was applying lipstick told her friend. They were Koreans studying from other school. “She thinks she’s high and mighty.”

“I hate her. What do we know maybe she’s cheating or something.” Another said while combing her hair. “She even got a hot teacher with her.”

 

 

“Anyways, did you know the rumors?” A girl wearing hoodie spoke up while looking at herself in the mirror. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What rumors, Gaeun?” The third girl asked. She was washing her hands.

“It’s been said that SIA is a famous school for its bright and talented students. They always conduct an announcement to introduce the topnotchers of their entrance exams. Guess who the topnotcher was..” Gaeun side-eyed the other girls.

“We care about this because?”

“The topnotcher was Kang Jiyoung.”

When Gaeun mentioned Jiyoung's name, the girls's eyes widened. “Oh my gosh! That Jiyoung?! I heard she’s always top of her class. She never got anything lower than A+!”

“I know. She was supposed to be the one who will compete in this contest but guess what... she dropped out of school.” Gaeun's tone darkened.

“Hmm.” The girl wiped her hands. “I think I heard that before.”

She shot her a look. “Anyways, let me continue. Jiyoung was said to be bullied by someone in that school so she dropped out. And guess who the perpetrator was.”

The two girls raised a brow. “Who?”

Gaeun leaned. “Park Hana.” My heart dropped. Lies. I never bullied anyone. Ugh! These rumors! I bit my lip.

“She’s a bad girl, huh?”

“I also heard that her parents left her because she was out of control. Talk about manners.” The girl pointed out before they left.

I slowly opened the door and walked towards the mirror. “I was not like that. I never did such things.” I muttered and washed my hands. I didn’t know that I have bad reputation outside my own school. But who would spread such horrible things? 

 

When I got out, I jumped in surprise. Kris was leaning on the wall. “Well, you took your time.” He jokingly looked at his watch. I rolled my eyes and began to walk. I was quietly walking and he was curious as to why. “What’s wrong?” He stepped in front of me so I stopped. I couldn’t look into his eyes. “I-I’m...hungry.” I just hoped he buys it.

“Let’s eat then.” He smiled and held my hand. He started to drag me out of the building.I know something bad happened. But I don’t know what.Kris observed me as I quietly walked.

 

After our quiet dinner, we headed back to the hotel. Kris and I bid farewell to each other since we stay in different rooms. “Hey.” He called so I turned just as I was opening my door. “I can’t be with you after the semi-finals. I’m having a meeting with the heads.”

I nodded. He can’t always be by my side. I turned and completely opened the door.

“Hey.” He called again so I stopped walking. But this time, I didn’t turn. “Make some friends.” He said and closed his door.

“Friends.” I muttered and let out a sigh. “I hope it can be that easy.”

 

Semi-finals went by smoothly. Only 5 persons managed to enter the finals- including me. “K-Kri-“ I was waving and going towards Kris but someone approached him from behind. I lowered my hand as she whispered something to him. Kris smiled and nodded. They went somewhere.

“I forgot... That must be one of the heads’ secretary.” I muttered and turned. My shoulders deflated. “Now, where should I go?”

I started to walk outside the building believing that I remembered the way to the hotel. After a few minutes of walking, I stopped and pursed my lips. “Shouldn’t it be around here?” I looked around but found a deserted basketball court. My eyes widened in horror. “I’m lost!” I bit my nails and walked back and forth. “Eoteokhe?!Eoteokhe?!”

I sat on my knees and calmed myself down. I started to talk to myself. “Hana. You’re in China. And Chinese speaks Mandarin. And you don’t speak Mandarin.” I shouted and messed my hair. “How the hell am I going to find help?!” Suddenly, something fell from my pocket. I snapped my head and a smile broke in my face. “Phone! Great!” I grinned and started tapping my phone. But another problem occurred. “I ran out of batteries!” I cried in defeat. Why of all places?!

Hours have passed and I wasn’t leaving the side of the court. My stomach was already grumbling but I could only rub it. My wallet was in my luggage. “Why didn’t I think of bringing it with me?” I sniffed. “I’m a foreigner broke.” I muttered under my breath. I buried my face on the arms that were hugging my knees. 

 “Excuse me, are you okay?” I heard some Chinese words. I hugged my knees tighter. Now, I’m a magnet of strangers. “Miss, are you okay?” The man continued to say. I snapped my head at him.

O.O  

 

What in the world?

.

.

.

Baekhyun?!”“Hana?!” Both of us jumped in surprise as we pointed at each other.

“Whoa~ Out of all places... What are you doing in China?” His hand brushed through his hair. I blinked a few times. *So handsome...* “Hello?” He waved his hands in front.

I gasped and shook my head. “I’m here for the math-a-thon!” I beamed at him and stood up. “What are you doing here?”

He smiled. “I visited an important friend.” I made an ‘o’ “So..... about a while ago, you looked like you’re troubled.” He said.

“Oh~ hehe” I scratched my head. “I’m sort of-lost. And broke.” I clasped my hands together. “Please help me!” I bowed with my eyes closed.

Then, it was silent. Oh god, is he going to reject me? T_T

He started laughing. “Why wouldn’t I? Babo.” He messed my hair. “Jinja?! Thank you!” I grinned and held his hands while jumping. He did the same. People who were passing by were giving us looks but WHO CARES?! My stomach began to grumble again. “Shut up.” I hit it.

He held my hand making me look up. “Come. My treat.” He winked.

My lips quivered. *Baek is an ANGEL!* >_<

 

After chatting in a Chinese restaurant, Baek brought me to the mall. We ended up playing in the arcade and window-shopped at the Book Stores. It was then that I realized that Baek was a university student. He was a freshman but he didn't mention what university he attended.

 

2pm. Here I am taking pictures with Baekhyun on a photo booth. 

“Serious.” I said and we both posed. Snap! “Cute!” He said and he put his fists beside his cheek while I did the first gwiyomi pose.

“Orlypose!” He said while raising his hand. I nodded and narrowed one of my eyes. He raised his brow and slightly tilted his head.

“Any pose!” I blurted and we both laughed while doing odd poses. He made a superman while I put a check-hand under my chin.

“The last one!” He said and looked at me. “Let’s try romantic one.”

“Eh?!”

3.2.1. Snap! Everything happened fast. He swung his arm on my shoulder and kissed my cheek. I, on the other hand, was too surprised. He grinned and winked at me. He left to get the photos outside.

I was sitting inside dumbfounded. I touched my cheek. *H-he k-kis-* Blood rushed on my cheeks and it felt hot. I fanned my face and cleared my throat. “Compose yourself. It’s just on the cheek... on the cheek.” I shook my head and stood up.

When I got out, he was waving two photos. “You get the orly pose and any pose.” I blinked.

“Eh?! But I want to have the copy of the last one!” It was the first time a boy kissed my cheek. I want to have a remembrance. “Baek~”

He twisted his lip at the side and nodded. “Okay. I’ll make another copy.” He left for some minutes and I waited.

 

“Thanks!” I said while my ice cream. We were walking towards a familiar street. We might be getting closer to the hotel.

“By any chance, do you go here alone?” He asked while his vanilla-flavored ice cream. I shook my head.

“Kris came with me.”

“Kris?” He smiled to himself. “Are you close with him?” He eyed me. I stopped on my tracks.

Are we close? I only knew a few things about him because of Suho-oppa and Kai. He never say anything about himself. “A-Anio.” I frowned.

He went in front of me and tapped my chin up. “Why do you look lonely?” He asked and then he snapped his fingers. “Oh! Is he the one who you’re-“

I covered his mouth. “Ah! SHH!” I leaned. “Yah!Forget what I said on Jeju!” I narrowed my eyes at him then let him go. He chuckled.

“Rather than forgetting, I think it’s better if I don’t tell anyone about it.” He pointed his finger up and looked at the sky. “I just don’t want to forget the first time we met.”

I smiled and sighed. “Okay. I give in.” I surrendered my hands. “Let’s promise to each other.” I raised my pinky and we both swore.

 

After few minutes of walking, we both arrived in front of the hotel. “This is my stop.” I said and turned to him. He nodded while eyeing the building. “I’ll see you soon?”

He smiled. “In Korea.” He offered a hand.

“In Korea.” I shook his while smiling at him. “Thank you for everything. I’m going to pay you fo-“

“No need~ Spending time with you is everything I could ask for.” He winked again and pinched my cheek. I blushed again. God, how many times is he going to make me blush?!

I cleared my throat. “Such a sweet talker” *Like Kai.* I my teeth. “Whatever, Baek.” I patted his shoulder.

We bid each other farewell. *We’ll meet again someday. I’m sure of it.* I smiled on my way back.

 

Baekhyun’s phone rang. “Hello~”

The other person on the line said something which made him chuckle. “Mianhe. I’m going there already. I just met someone special today.” He smiled while entering a limo. He sat and crossed his legs. The butler inside offered him a wine. “Arasso.Arasso.” He nodded. “She’s interesting.” He smiled and gazed at the picture we just took.