CHAPTER 2

Two Moons: The Beginning

~CHAPTER 2~

"Two Moons"

 

At the library, Reading Section, I gathered some books pertaining to English Literature aka William Shakespeare’s love quotes. It was fun reading his quotes. Every time I read each one I thought of “him” over and over again.

“I wonder what his name is.” I flipped a page while my hand was cupping my chin.

I flipped another page when I felt someone was staring at me. It was the same as before. I looked behind me and saw no one then I looked on my left where the shelves are placed. I saw a figure moved away. I furrowed my eyebrows and stood up. I followed it. I arrived at the stairs leading to the “Restricted Section”.

Nobody was around. I made my way through the red rope and ascended the stairs. I noticed that the door was opened. A few rays of sunlight entered the room. It was not enough but it wasn’t dark at all. I entered.

I suddenly got a chill. "I wonder why libraries make restricted rooms. They can just place the books on the shelves so everyone can read them."

I walked through the center isle with shelves on my side. I heard a fast movement on my left side and heard a book fell. But the presence I just felt was different from the presence downstairs. It’s different.

I slowly walked towards the book. I noticed it was open. There were a writings that looked like from medieval times. I closed the book and saw if there was a title. *Two Moons.*

“Hmm, pretty catchy. I wonder who is the author?” I looked on a side and saw a very familiar name, Yè Nolae. “I wonder if that’s a girl.”

I scanned through the pages and saw 12 symbols; “Whoa, is that a unicorn?!”

I sat on the floor and read the book. I got interested in it when I read about a chosen girl and 12 guardians.

I read a stanza,

 

“The 12 guardians will live forever,

Searching for the chosen maiden.

When the time comes of her arrival,

the war will emanate between light and darkness,

betrayal will occur and so is death

The maiden will fight with her powers,

She will fight for the world...”

 

“Well, this is what I call an interesting book.” I exclaimed. I heard footsteps arousing from the stairs. “Oh no! The librarian!”

The door opened and I heard the footsteps coming nearer and nearer.

I heard that someone opened the window on the far back of the Restricted Section. The librarian rushed there. I escaped the room and hurriedly approached to my things.

I got my “traveler’s” bag on my previous seat and hid the book in there. I was surprised when I turned around, the librarian was there.

“Give me the book, young lady.” The old woman, maybe in her 80’s, looked mad.

I gave her the book and bowed, “I’m sorry for entering the restricted section. I will never do it again.” *Trouble..*

“Alright." She reached for the book then crossed her arms.

"Are you the one who opened the window?” She slightly raised her head. I shook my head.

“I should take my leave then. Sorry again.” I bowed passed by the old librarian and walked out of the library.

 

 

Librarian’s POV

*Then who opened the window?* 

A shadow spoke behind the shelf, “Do you think that is her?”

“I don’t know. Don’t ask me.” I went back to my seat.

“I just....thought she’s different.” The shadow turned out to be Kris. He went by the door.

“Hey, Kris!” I sighed. “Don’t ever come back again!...You old man!” I exclaimed while my closed right hand was raised.

He smirked back at me, “Yah, Juwi! You have no right to call me old man! Besides, others might think you’re crazy. Pfft.”

“Whatever, just leave me alone, old man!” I sighed and turned to reading Nancy Drew: The Secret of the Old Clock.

“See ya.” Kris left the library and disappeared somewhere.

I sighed. *I hope that she isn’t the one or else it will all begin.*