CHAPTER 15

Two Moons: The Beginning

~CHAPTER 15~

"Suho-oppa's melancholic past"

 

Kris’ POV

I woke up to see that I was on Hana’s bedroom. I realized that it was 12 noon. I looked around and saw that Hana was sleeping. There was a dried path of tear on her face.

“This girl...” I smiled and wiped it off. I decided to put her on her bed.  I gently lifted her and placed her on her soft bed.

“Kris.” How amusing. Even in her dreams, she said my name without any kind of formality.

I sat beside her and observed and touched her face. I felt attracted to her so I leaned closer and closer. I realized what I was doing. *Gasped.* “I’m sorry but I should stop when it’s early.” I don’t know why but there was a small pang on my chest. I left the room and flew away.

 

Hana’s POV

I woke up when Kris was placing me on my bed. I didn’t open my eyes. I pretended to be asleep. I felt Kris touching my face and I can’t stop my heart to beat faster.

“I’m sorry but I should stop when it’s early.” I knew what he meant. I felt him left my bedroom. I realized that my heart had a huge hole in it.

I used my arm to cover my eyes; for it was shedding tears again; tears because of rejection.

I didn’t realize how important he became to me. But I guess my timing was too late. Because his heart was for someone else that’s not me.

I didn’t get out of my apartment that whole afternoon. I didn’t eat lunch and dinner. I had no appetite at all.

 

"Ding dong ding dong"

I lazily stood up and opened my door. It was Suho-oppa.

“Are you ok?” He asked me.

I nodded but tear started to fall again. “I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be. It’s not your fault.” He hugged me. I felt a brother’s love.

Suho-oppa stayed with me on my living room. I was crying the whole time. *This was my first time to feel this way.* He wiped my tears.

“This is not about Chanyeol anymore, right?” Suho seemed to read my heart.

I just nodded. “Why-why wasn’t I born thousand years ago?”

“Maybe, it’s because it was not your time, yet.” He laced his arm on my left arm and hugged me. “It’s because of Kris-hyung, huh?”

“How did you know?”

“It’s too obvious. You acted differently with him.” Suho-oppa smiled.

“Am I not the same with you guys?”

“No, you treated all of us nicely but when it comes to you and Kris, I can feel a different kind of atmosphere. Maybe that’s what you called love.” I blushed when I heard this from his mouth.

“Have you ever fallen in love, Suho-oppa?” I was curious.

“Hmmm, I did. But it’s been a long time.”

“Really? Tell me all about it.” I was excited.

“It’s really a sad story. But it seems that it excites you so I’m going to narrate it for you.” He was such a nice guy. “10 years ago, I decided to live as a doctor.”

“You were a doctor?!” I was surprised.

“Yep. The best doctor in United Kingdom!” He looked happy.

 

>Flashback<

My name was Kim Joonmyun back then and lived as a doctor. I worked in the International UK Hospital.

It was a day by day task to checkup a specific patient. My patient’s name was Sophia Worth. She was 18. She was diagnosed to have leukemia.

One day, I did my checkup on her.

>in English<

“So how are you feeling, Sophia?” I kept my sphygmomanometer.

“...” She didn’t respond to my question. I noticed that she was sad.

“Why are you sad, Sophia?” I bothered her.

“Life..... Life is unfair. That’s what makes me sad and MISERABLE.” She stared outside the window.

“Don’t hate life. It was only a gift to us.” I observed her. I noticed how beautiful she was even though her hair was falling.

“Then why was it given to me? Why was I given a life that’s going to end sooner or later?” I sighed. 

“I don’t know. I’m not a God. Everybody has their limitations. Life, knowledge, etc. Everything is bound to end.” I answered her as I stood up. 

She looked at me with her lonely eyes. "I want to end this pain." When I heard these words, I grabbed her and looked straight into her eyes.

"Please don't say that....you can't decide that for yourself." I didn't notice that I gave her a pained look. I asked questions like that before. She just looked away and shoved me.

My visitation to her continued each day. We always talked about life and sometimes we debated on how cruel and good it can be. During those times, I didn’t notice that I was falling for her. Until one day, I received a letter on my office. It was from Sophia.

“Dear Dr. Joonmyun,

          Life is unfair. I never erased that fact on my head. It’s not unfair because I have left for a short time but it was unfair because it was late when I met you. I’m thankful for your words of encouragement and care. Without it, my perspective will never change. I’m grateful to have you on my last days; for you have become my courage on my darkest hours.

          I never regretted meeting you. I’m happy to understand what love is. I understand its meaning. You were a gift to me. I hope that even if I’m gone, you will always remember me in your days.

 

Truly Loving You,

Sophia Worth

P.S. I love you

.................................

When I read this letter, my heart was aching. Sophia had left me the day I got the letter. She said that she doesn’t have any regrets. But I do. I regretted not telling her that I love her, too.

 

>end of flashback<

 

“I didn't know that you.... Suho-oppa!" I sniffed. *I never thought that behind your smile was a broken heart.* I cried while listening to his story. 

“Ah, no. no. My heart is healed. It was such a long time. But I admit that it took years for it to be healed.” He shyly answered and gave me a mischievous smile.

“My love story can never be compared to yours. It was childish of me to cry over that small matter...I feel ashamed.” I wiped my nose and cheeks. "I will never cry because of those things...never ...I swear"

“You know that it’s alright to cry. So stop making such a vow.” He smiled and ruffled my hair. We both smiled to each other.

“....Thanks for your story. I’m really grateful when you shared it to me.” I expressed my gratitude.

“Nah, it’s fine. So you wanna eat dinner? I’m the one who cooked it.” He offered.

“Of course, I would be delighted.” I felt lifted. My hard feelings are gone thanks to Suho-oppa.

 

 

 

The next day, I prepared myself for school. My cheek was completely healed for some reason. When I opened the door, Kai and Kris were standing outside. 

“Good morning!” I smiled at them. I acted like nothing happened yesterday. Well, Kris didn't know I was awake so it's fine.

“Mornin’” Both greeted back.

“Let’s go!” We headed for the elevator.

*I hope that Sehun and Luhan will not use the elevator.* They give me the creeps.

“Ting!” The elevator opens. I saw the both of them.

*Omo, what are they doing here?*

“We’re going to see the others.” Luhan smirked and they got out of the elevator. *Wait. Did he just answer me?*

"What are you waiting for?" Kai nodded towards the elevator. 

"O-Oh yeah." I entered. 

The three of us headed for the bus station. Again, there were many girls waiting for the guys.

Kai dragged me to the corner again. Kris just followed.

“Let’s teleport again.” He smiled. He held my hand but Kris held his arm.

“Let her do it.”

“Mwoh?! I-I still don’t know how to use it.” I refrained.

“You’ll never know unless you try. Give it a shot. We’re going to be late.” Kris made a face while looking at his watch. He looked annoyed.

“Tip#1: Imagine the place you wanna go.” Kai instructed me and smiled warmly at me. I noticed how smily he became.

I awkwardly nodded and closed my eyes and imagined the rooftop.

“Tip#2: Inhale and exhale. Then deepen your concentration.” He held my shoulders and he deepened his voice as if he was being a teacher.

"Shut up, Kai." I laughed at him. Kris put his left hand on my left arm.

I did what Kai said. Inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale...

When I opened my eyes, we were already on the rooftop.

“Woah! I did it!” I felt happy. It’s amazing!!

Kai gave me a high-five. I was jumping and laughing with him. "I can't believe this!"

“You really did great this time.” Kris ruffled my hair. “We had an assembly in the gym.” He nodded towards the door.

“Ok.” *Can this day get any better?! I’m so happy!!*

We went to the gym. As usual, it was noisy but the students aligned themselves when the principal entered.

“Good morning,, students. Good morning, teachers.” The principal greeted us.“I have an important announcement to make. This week our school will celebrate its 100th anniversary.” He looked happy and excited.

“Omo! I think he’s going to do something great this year!!” Some students foresaw he’s plan.

“I plan to make it extravagant this year. So, this week will be used for its preparations.There is one conclusion to this matter.....Students skip those lessons and have fun in the school!! I will need your suggestions on what-to-do in the four days commemoration until this afternoon.” He made an aja pose.

*Is he really a principal?*

“Geez, Myungsoo is always the happy go lucky guy. Can’t he act a bit professional?” Kai was embarrassed maybe it’s because of the principal’s actions.

“please write your suggestions and give it to Kris-songsaengnim.” I looked at the stage and Kris slightly twitched. He rolled his eyes. I smiled when I saw that side of him.

 

*I had a resolve yesterday night. I vow that I will not back down.* I smiled to myself. *It's better to express my love for him than just bury it and be forgotten. Suho-oppa was broken because he wasn't able to tell her he loves her. And I don't want that to happen to me.* 

 

I felt a hand squeezed mine. I looked up and saw Kai. "Are you okay?" He was looking at the stage. I turned and saw Chanyeol walking to the stage.

My eyes widened. “Before I go, I would like to introduce our new teacher, Park Chanyeol songsaengnim. He will be the teacher responsible for the performing arts class of freshmen students.” He gave the stage to Chanyeol.

“Oh god, he’s gonna be our music teacher.” I looked worried but Kai patted my shoulder.

“It’s ok… I’m with you, so don’t be afraid.” His smile relaxed my tense nerves.

“Hello, everyone. I’m Park Chanyeol. I will be in-charge in the performing arts class for freshmen students. I’m 22 years old and still SINGLE~” He raised his one eyebrow. Loud squeals of girls overwhelmed the whole gym.

Chanyeol-songsaengnim!!!” Girls are calling out for him.

“22? Oh come on, he’s thousand years old.” I felt pity over those girls.

But I suddenly thought of Kris. "Hmm, it’s not too bad. Age doesn’t matter anyways"

Kai flicked my forehead.

“Oww!! Why did you do that for?” I touched my forehead.

“I know who are you thinking about..” He made a face.

 

Everyone preceeded to each class rooms. On our way there, I noticed how Luhan socialize with other students. He’s nice to them.

But Sehun, on the other hand, stayed in his cool posture. I guess that’s really his character. Sehun passed by me. “Filthy.” I heard him said that.

“Am I the one he’s pertaining to?” I turned and looked at Luhan. He was looking at Sehun with an unreadable face.

 

Classroom.

 

We wrote our suggestions and placed it on the box. Kris entered the room and put a smile.

Sigh.

“Is everybody’s suggestions here?” He looked at everybody.

“Yeah.”

“Since, I’m here. I would like to read some of your suggestions.” He smirked. The class reacted.

“No, Kris-songsaengnim!” “It’s embarrassing!”

Kris made a lottery posture. He picks up three pieces of paper.

“From: Flower princess” *Omo! That’s mine..* I sulked in my chair.

“Huh? Who is that? We don’t have a classmate with that name.”

*Excuse me. Why would you write your own name. The probability that someone rather than the principal might read it is high. Fools. I slightly grinned.... I never thought I’m this wise.* I grinned.

“I want to fly lanterns and make wishes to the sky.” Kris read it out loud.

“Lanterns?! What an ugly suggestion!!” The class laughed. I blushed. *It’s great that I didn’t write my name.*

I saw Kris took a glimpse of me. I think he knows who the writer was.

“Next up, From: Earth” I wonder who wrote that.

“Midnight Ball” The class screamed.

We have the same idea!” “Me too!!!

*Everyone wants to dance that bad?* I crossed my arms. *Puh-lease...not my style*

“Last one; From: Brave deer” *Whoa!! I didn’t know this class has so many bright people in it.* I was amazed that there were other people who wrote codenames besides me.

“I want to take a trip to Jeju Island.” Kris smiled.

I’ve never gone to Jeju Island!” “I have! It’s a beautiful place!” Others gave comments again.

“I guess everyone have great suggestions. I’m going to bring this to the principal.” Kris left the room.

I laid my face on my desk and stretched my arms. Kai sat in a back-faced chair manner.

“You wanna fly lanterns that badly?”

I sat back. “eh?! How did you know it was me?” I whispered to him.

“I know how to speak Japanese. What do you take me for?” He grinned.

“Owwwwww… Others’ suggestions are really great. While mine is a total failure.” I sighed.

“I thought that that was the best suggestions I heard.” I looked back at Kai. He was staring at me. He was smiling warmly.

“Oh come on. You’re such a liar!” I punched him.

“Oww!! That’s a man’s punch!” He rubbed his arm.

“Stop teasing me…” I pouted.