CHAPTER 9

Two Moons: The Beginning

~CHAPTER 9~

"A Fast Day in the Amusement Park"

 

Author's POV

That day, the four of them went for the amusement park because it was the last day of vacation. They went to each booth and played every game. Kris, Hana and Kai competed with each other while Suho watched in amusement.

At the shooting-the-pyramid-cups store, the three lined up having smirks on their faces. Suho just stood by and happily watched them. 

 

Suho’s POV

I guess meeting Hana was really a fateful encounter. The pain in our eyes decided to fade each day. I wonder if we can stay like this forever...

Kai shooted the cups but only 3 cups fall out of 7. “Aish!!! Why can’t I aim better?! This is a rip off!” He whined.

 “Tsk.. You’re such a kid, Kai. Let me, as your respected hyung and teacher, finish the game.” Kris smirked and shot the cups. But to his defeat, he managed to hit 5 cups. “Aish! A ripoff I say!!!” He slammed his gun on the table. I laughed at their childish actions.

“Hey, losers. Will you just step back? Let me do this.” Hana shoved them away and prepared her gun.

Hana looked serious as she aimed on the cups. Kris and Kai shook their heads with the thought that she would not hit them; but they were wrong.

She managed to hit all of the cups.

“Hahaha!! What did I tell you?! Let the girl manage this!! Losers.” Hana acted all high and mighty.

“Great job Hana!” I offered her a high-five.

“Thanks, Suho-oppa!!” She accepted.

“Here. This is your price.” The old man gave her a big white teddy bear. He smiled at her. “You can become a police with that talent of yours.”

“Nah. I don’t want to become a police. I want to become a doctor.” Hana said while smiling back at him.

“Geez, how can a girl beat us, hyung?!” Kai couldn’t accept his defeat. He sulked in. "It's the first time I was defeated with a game."

“What did I say? This game is a rip off.” Kris rolled his eyes and folded his arms together.

“Nope, this isn’t. It’s because you’re too old and your eyes became blurred. You know OLD-people disadvantages.” Hana teased Kris.

“ Yah, Careless girl. Watch your mouth.” Kris looked irritated with the old people thing. "You're making that complicated face again."

Hana touched her cheeks then she stucked her tongue out. "Whatever." She pouted.

“Hey, hey, hey. Guys, come on. I wanna ride the rollercoaster.” Kai stopped the fight.

“Um, hehe. About that-” Hana was about to say something but Kris cut her off.

“Why, are you afraid?” Kris mocked her.

“Ah. No, not that. My stomach.” Hana’s stomach growls.

The three guys burst with laughter.

“Hana’s right. It’s already afternoon. Come on, let’s eat there.” I pointed at a small snack bar.

 

 

The 4 people headed to the snack bar. The place is filled with different people having fun. Kai and Hana found the perfect place for them to eat; a grassy area by the tree. While they were sitting on the grass, Kris and Suho bought the snacks. They ate their snacks happily while sharing their stories; happy stories. They decided to hang out at the Ferris wheel before they leave. It was night then.

 

At the Ferris wheel line, the conductor talks with the 4.

“So who will occupy the first cart?” The conductor asked them

 

Hana's POV

The conductor asked us who will occupy the first cart. I don’t know why Suho and Kai smiled at each other.

“We’re going first!” Kai and Suho entered the cart.

“Here ya go.” He closes the cart and pressed a button. The next cart appears.

“So, you two will get in the second?” My eyes widened. I looked at Suho-oppa and Kai smiling back at me. *Oh no, they didn’t.*

“Come on.” Kris sighed and went inside.

“...Ok?” I walked inside. I awkwardly stepped inside the cart or lift whatever they called it.

 

While I was sitting on the opposite side, I looked at Kris. I saw him staring at a very far place; with his right hand on his face.

“Are you bored?” I asked him trying to break the ice.

“...”  He ignored me. He just stared outside.

I silently laid back on my sit. I looked outside and saw everything; tiny, everything’s tiny. I smiled. Then, I stared at Kris again. This time what I saw made my heartbeat beat faster.

 

I looked at his composure, his face, his big hands and his reliable shoulder. I wondered if this guy has ever fallen in love in his millennium life. Sigh. I guess he did. I mean everyone does. I am sure that that girl is happy to have him. *She’s lucky.*

I continually stared at him. But I felt pain; pain coming from his eyes and pain coming from my heart.

When I saw his eyes looking like that, I could feel that he had been keeping a painful wound in his heart. It looked so lonely. I knew his mind was somewhere far away.

I didn’t know that tear started to fall on my cheek. I didn’t notice it. Until, on one second, Kris was wiping them. He looked sad.

I gasped on a second I woke up in reality. I laid back and looked outside. “Seoul is beautiful.” *He was beautiful.*

That night was a cold night. I don’t know why so I just sighed.

 

Kris’ POV

I was constantly staring at the human beings having fun with each other. Fun. I almost forgot that word. I became lonely when I looked at those couples. Yeah, I can see them from a far. I remembered “her.” I didn’t notice that Hana was looking at me. At a glance, a tear fell.

*Why are you crying?* She just kept on looking at me as if she was scanning my soul.

*Did you see my past?* *Are you pitying me?* 

I thought and thought but I never spoke. My hand moved on its own. It wiped her tear. She gasped and laid back. I turned to my side and gazed on the outside world again.

 

When we got out of the cart, she just walked. Suho and Kai were worried. I was worried. *How are you?* The three of us went on her side and walked beside her. At one moment, she sighed. We were waiting for reaction. At one moment, she smiled and just laughed.

“I cannot hold on any longer! Ahahaha!!!” She laughed and we raised our brows.

“Oh, so you’re just pretending?” Kai narrowed his eyes. He his teeth then walked towards her.

“Waeyo. I just wanted to see your reactions.” She laughed again 

“Gonna get you for this!” Kai ran to her and almost caught her.

“Oh no, Kai. You won’t!” She ran away like kid. Kai followed her; running like a 5 year old.

The two were very far from us. They left Suho and I alone.

“What did you do to her?” Suho continued his walk.

“I don’t know myself.” I answered without thinking.

“You’re naïve.” He walked ahead of me because I stopped.

“From what?” I found myself confused. I found myself in a confused situation. "What did I do?"