CHAPTER 30

Two Moons: The Beginning

~CHAPTER 30~

"The person who I loved the most hurts me the most"

 

 

“Come on, bring it on!” D.O. walked towards the assassins. He was ready to fight. He threw punches and kicks to them as he threaded towards a certain direction.

“Is that all you can do?” Kai smirked as the guy tried to cut him with his knife. He teleported here and there. He was fooling around with 5 assassins.

I could see them fighting the assassins. There were still a lot of assassins popping everywhere.

“I wanna help them.” I stood up and gazed at everyone. Someone caught my eye. It was the girl who killed many assassins moments ago. She was fighting three assassins. I couldn’t see her face clearly. I began to be curious. Without anybody noticing, I walked towards the girl who was fighting the assassins.

“Watch out!” The girl wearing a semi-mask threw a knife towards my side. An assassin fell on the ground. “What are you doing, Hana?! Get out of here!” She yelled at me.

*This voice was familiar.* I gasped when I realized to whom the voice belongs to. “Don’t tell me you’re-“

An assassin reached for her face but was only able to take of her mask.

“Daeji!” My eyes widened. *My bestfriend knows how to fight?!* “What are you doing here?!”

“I’ll explain everything later.” She grabbed the arm of an assassin then she twisted it and kicked his back. “Can’t you see I’m busy?” She gave me a smile.

*She’s laughing when her life is in danger?!* “What kind of girl are you, Daeji?” I softly asked myself.

“Yah, Careless brat.” I heard someone speaking above me. I only know one person who calls me by that name; the person who I love the most and the person who hurts me most.

“Kris!” I turned around and I saw him landing.

“We can handle these guys so go back to the hotel!” He scolded me.

*What the heck?!* “Yah, I wanna fight these guys, too.” I shouted back. He raised an eyebrow then wrinkled his nose.

“And how will you do that?” He crossed his arms.

“I-I don’t know?” I looked away.

“Like I said, you should go back.” He shook his head and wagged his fingers.

“Andwe!” I suddenly remembered T. Jung when I saw Kris. “How about T. Jung? Why don’t you worry about her?” I turned to my side and I saw D.O. fighting the guys.

Kris raised his eyebrows. “What do you mean Teacher Jung?” He tilted his head. "i already sent her back."

*Ah, after all... He put her first.* “Yeah, yeah. Forget what I have said. I’m going back.” I sighed and decided to leave. After a few moment when I turned around, hundreds of assassins popped out again.

“Are these guys unlimited?!” I gave a problematic face. I could see D.O. and Kai wiping their sweat.*They’re already tired. I hope that I can help them out.* I saw Lay fighting with an assassin and I noticed that he was not happy about it. Sehun was still beside the unconscious Luhan. Fortunately, he set up a barrier around them.

*If only I could do something...* I closed my eyes. 

“Yah! Look out!” Kris grabbed my arm and hugged me tightly. I opened my eyes and I saw his neck. I saw an assassin approached him from the back. He had a knife with him. He stabbed Kris. "Kris!"

 

“Kris!” I felt him twitched. He saved me. Kris was hurt. “Kris!” He looked into my eyes and put a small smile. *I want to do something. I need to do something.* I gripped Kris’s sleeves. *Don't die!*

“Hana...” Kris said.

I closed my eyes. I can feel something inside. Thump Thump Thump. Suddenly, I felt cold droplets on my head. I looked up and saw that it was raining. I narrowed my eyes. “Rain.”

Kris looked up and the rain sprinkled at his face.

“Rain.” I said again. I gripped on to Kris’ sleeves again. I closed my eyes. I imagined my enemies being strangled by water.

*Open your eyes.* I could hear the woman’s voice again. When I opened it, I saw that the rain water lifted the assassins and started to strangle them. “Am I doing this?!”

“Yes...I think you are.” Kris smiled at me.

“Kris your wound!” I looked at his back. But there was no wound, there was only a hole.

“I have no wound.” I was confused.

“B-But I saw you being stabbed by the guy!” I examined his back.

“Have you forgotten? I can cover my body with scales.” He smirked at me.

*Did he just fool me?!* “Yah! Then what is that smile a while ago!” I started to throw punches at him.

“What smile?” He placed his hands on his waist. “Don’t tell me you actually thought that I was dying.” He started to laugh.

“Yah!” *Actually, I did. I really have a wide imagination.* I mentally face-palmed myself. *I thought i was going to lose him right here, right now.*

“Oh my gosh! This is the first time I saw you use your power, Hana!” Daeji approached me and started to  jump. The killer aura with her a while ago was gone. Daeji was Daeji again. “You’re so cool!”

I smiled at her. “You’ve got a lot of explaining to do, young lady.” I tapped her nose. I suddenly felt weak. “Unn” I almost fell when Kris and Daeji caught me. I noticed that the assassins were released. They were coughing on the ground.

“We should go.” Kris motioned to everyone. D.O. and Kai were breathless.

They were also tired. Kris lifted me up; the bridal style. He started to walk away.

“Yah! Yah! Put me down!” I struggled. “Hello? Can you hear me?!” He ignored me. I sighed and surrendered. *Will you just stop treating me like this, Kris? It's getting harder for me to let go...* I gripped on his shirt.

Kris looked at me then he looked up again.

 

“D.O.!” Daeji ran towards him and gave him a hug.

“You did well.” D.O. hugged her back. Afterwards, they followed Kris.

Kai walked towards Sehun and Luhan. Lay was standing beside them. Sehun looked down.

“Just go and leave us here.” Sehun said coldly.

“Yah! Can’t you see your situation? Stop whining and think. Now, let’s go.” Kai offered him a hand but out of nowhere, a hand held his arm.

“Go.” It was Tao. Kai shook his head and signaled Lay.

“Bye.” Lay gazed at them before he left with Kai.

“Chen, please assist Sehun.” Xiumin ordered at him. Chen nodded. “Tao, you take care of Luhan.”

Chen helped Sehun to stand up. Tao lifted Luhan behind his back.

 

Kris and our group happened to pass by a big tree. I saw Chanyeol leaning on it with his arm crossed. He has that annoyed look on his face. Kris stopped and so did the others. Chanyeol stood up properly and started to walk towards us. He stopped in front of Kris and me. He stared at me with his sharp eyes but at the same time I could see something different, pity and pain.

I gripped Kris sleeve shirt. I could never forget how scary Chanyeol was. Then, he looked at Kris and started to walk again.

“Look at what you did!” Kai shouted at Chanyeol. D.O. stopped Kai from hitting Chanyeol.

“Kai.” D.O. was serious. Kai glared at Chanyeol.

“I can’t believe you joined them! I never thought that you’ll go this far just to-“

Chanyeol glared back at him. Kai was cut off.

“Tsk.” Kai shoved D.O. aside. “It’s pathetic.” Kai teleported away.

Chanyeol glanced at Lay. Lay gave him his warm and understanding eyes.

Chanyeol slightly smiled then walked away.

Kris started walking again and so did the others. I was looking at Kris’ face the whole time. He had serious eyes but it had a sad aura in them.

I started to doze off.