CHAPTER 46

Two Moons: The Beginning

~CHAPTER 46~

"Changing"

 

 

The moment I entered the room, I accidentally bumped into Kai. Daeji was behind him.

“Hana!” He held her arm and let out a sigh of relief. “Where’d you run of too?”

“Chanyeol found her outside just before she lost consciousness.” I decided to lay her in her bed. She stirred in her sleep and looked uncomfortable. I chuckled and sat in beside her.

“Hyung, don’t take this the wrong way but…” Kai cleared his throat. I heard him but I was too engrossed in arranging her bangs. “are you going to stay here?”

I stopped what I was doing and turned to look at him. I noticed his eyes. Jealous? I sighed and stood up. “What answer would like to hear?” I raised my brows and he looked away.

Feeling the awkwardness in the room, Daeji let out a grunt. “That’s it! I can’t take this anymore.” We both turned our gaze at her. “I’ll stay here and you two…just leave.” It was not a request. It was an order. I was going to complain but Kai beat me to it.

“Daeji-“

She snapped and threw a look at him. If looks could kill. “I just want Hana and I to have a peaceful slumber, okay?” She narrowed her eyes when no one was moving. “Ugh! Will the both of you move?!” She walked towards Kai and then at me and she both tugged on our shirts. She was dragging us towards the hallway.

“Y-“ I was going to make a step forward but she pointed her finger at us.

“If one of you step inside this room while we are sleeping, I can never imagine what my reflex can do to you.” With that, the door shut closed.

Silence.

Awkward silence filled the hallway.

Kai stomped his foot and teleported. Sigh. With that temper of his, I can never imagine how broken my face can be once he hears the reason she ran to the woods.

 

Approximately 6 in the morning, Daeji woke up and cleaned herself. She didn’t try to wake Hana up since she needed rest.  She placed a note on the bedside table. “Going to the dining area. P.S. Going to ask you a pile of questions.” With that, she left the room.

Hana stirred in her sleep. Beads of sweat formed on her forehead. “No!” She screamed and immediately sat up. While trying to grasp some air, her trembling hands brushed through her messy hair. She suddenly wanted to throw up so she made a run to the comfort room.

After throwing nothing up, she opened the faucet. Her gaze fell on the flowing water getting drained at the bottom of the sink. Spinning. The sound of the water flowing, the sound of the water draining, the sound of the droplets made by the shower (not closed properly by Daeji)- they can all be heard by her that it made her sat on her knees and scream without a sound.

 Throbbing pain filled her head. She shut her eyes closed with her hands covering her ears. *Stop it! Stop! Make it stop!* She begged and somehow, her request was granted.

Silence. Not total silence. The sounds were present but not as aggravating as before.

She slowly stood up and tried to gain composure. She used the sink to balance herself. The mirror on top of the sink was covered with fog. For once, she wanted to see how horrible she looked. Her hand wiped the mirror.

 

“I’m such a mess.” I looked at myself. My eyes were swollen and dark circles surrounded   them. “Pathetic.” I washed my face and once again looked at the mirror. Somehow, an image flashed before me as if I was another person. Startled, I made step back. “T-The girl from before…”

My hands were shaking as they made their way toward my face. I suddenly had that feeling- a feeling I can’t deny. “I’m changing.” My eyes suddenly flashed red so I stumbled back. “No!” I screamed and my trembling hands covered my ears.

 

“You sure you’re not going to join us?” Luhan-hyung asked me. He was in front of the door while the others were leaving towards the elevator.

“I just want to sleep more. I’m going to call for room service.” I smiled and leaned at the side of the door.

“Okay, then.” He patted my arm and took his leave.

Now I was left alone. I jumped at my bed and felt that my body sink on the mattress. “Feels good to relax for once.” I closed my eyes and treasured this moment. *If only things can be this peaceful-*

“No!” I heard a scream. The familiarity of that voice made my eyes flutter open and made my feet ran  towards its direction. “Hana!”

I kicked the door open but I found no one. I was panicking until, I heard a sobs inside the comfort room. ‘Fearing that I might find her in the worst possible case scenario’, I decided to knock. “Hana…it’s me. What’s going on?” When I heard no answer, I gulped hard and twisted the knob. It creaked open and then I saw her sitting while covering her ears at the side of the bath tub.

She looked frightened. “Hana…” I made my way and held her trembling hands. She slowly looked up. I could see tears forming.

“S-Se-hun…” She looked vulnerable and fragile. I hugged her wanting to make her feel safe.

“It’s ok… I’m here.” For once, I decided not to hold back.