CHAPTER 47

Two Moons: The Beginning

~CHAPTER 47~

"Protect"

 

“I-Is it alright if we stay like this for a while?” I slightly looked up to him. His arms surrounded me as if he was protecting me from everything. He gazed into my eyes and nodded. His hand made my head lean on his shoulder. That’s when I decided to close my eyes. I’m afraid...too afraid. I didn’t know that tears were already flowing.

Suddenly, my hand that was trembling and cold was covered with something warm. I held onto it as if my land depended on it. Thank you...

 

I don’t know how long we have stayed in that position. Minutes? Hour, maybe. It was silent but it’s not awkward at all. His presence made me felt secure.

“Do you know the reason why I decided to join hyung’s group?” He suddenly asked me. I looked up and I could see his sad expression. I shook my head and waited for his answer. “It’s because there’s someone I want to protect.” His voice sounded determined.

“Do I know that person?”

He smiled a little. “Maybe you do. Maybe you don’t... It doesn’t matter anyway.”

“It does matter.” I muttered and pursed my lips together. “I’m sorry...” My heart ached. It’s all I could say. How shameful.

For some reason, I knew he wasn’t the type who will kill people. He must have an important reason. And that reason might get destroyed because of me. Why did my life turned out this way? I can’t help but put a regretting smile.

“If only you are not the Maiden, we might become friends.” He said with a light tone. Something inside me felt warm.

Friends. I gave his hand a squeeze. Even if you despise my existence, I consider you my friend. I let my heart spoke and let my eyes transfer them to him. He looked at me and gave a smile.

“Yeah, we might be.” He closed his eyes and sighed. “I guess this is it.” He pulled his arms and stood up. He helped me stood up by giving me a hand.

“Thanks.” Thank you, Sehun. I smiled at his retreating back. Thank you for letting me be this selfish.

I let the silence sink in. That's when I realize that I was alone in my room. Sehun is not afraid of anything because he has someone he wants to protect. I closed my eyes and thought of every memory I can remember. Daeji and Rian bickering at each other with Yoonmi and Haesung standing beside them, Ahjussi giving me a fatherly smile, Suho-oppa and Lay on our booth, D.O. and his amazing eyes, Xiumin, Chen and Tao  with their mischievous smirk, Chanyeol who helped me this morning, Luhan who is a warm-hearted person but decided to show his arrogant side, Sehun who has someone he wants to  protect, Kai who always stood beside me and lastly, Kris who always give me painful memories but never ceases to make me feel this amazing feeling-  their faces flashed before me and I can feel a new feeling, courage. They are the ones who I cherished. They are my family.

While thinking of these thoughts, I could feel myself being lifted up. I, once again, felt light.

 

“Do you think it’s alright that we left her inside her room ALONE?” Daeji asked D.O. who was standing on the camp grounds. Today was the last day of the commemoration week so the students were gathered for the final speech of the principal.

“Stop worrying. I heard that Sehun was inside his room.” D.O. glanced at the principal.

“And you want me to be relieved because...the mighty arrogant with fierce eyes Sehun is there?! Yah, do you really want me to trust them? Aren’t they the enemy?” Daeji voice was starting hurt D.O’s ears. The students that were surrounding them were starting to murmur.

“She’s so noisy.” “Ugh, I hate those girls who keeps on blabbering.”

Daeji narrowed her eyes. These people want to taste my special dish. She started to crack her fists. “Ya-“

“Let them be.” D.O. sighed. “It’s your fault, you know. You’re too noisy.” Daeji’s jaw dropped.

“Y-“

“Hey!” A figure popped out from behind. It was Hana. Daeji and D.O. were surprised. From the tone of her voice, she must be finally okay.

“Were you guys fighting?” She gestured to the two of them. When they glance at each other, they immediately looked away. “Oh~”

Daeji cleared . “What are you doing here?”

“Why? Should I be not?” She asked D.O. but he just shrugged. He knew what Daeji meant but chose not to say anything. “This is the last day, remember? And later we’ll go home.”

“Hana!” Hands held her arms and turned her. Kai was smiling at her.

“You’re too bright!” She slightly covered her eyes making Kai frown. She peeped between her ring finger and pinky and then smiled. “Kidding!” She messed Kai’s hair making him chuckled.

“I know, silly. So...” He smirked. “I guess you’re okay now.”

She sighed and nodded. “I think I made all of you worried...mianhe.” She held his hands.

“There’s nothing to be sorry for.” It’s because we care. That’s why we’re worried. Kai swung his arm on her shoulder. “Got any plans after this?” He eyed Hana.

She raised her brows and made a thinking face. “Do you wanna try Jeju's amusement park?” She beamed.

Kai chuckled. Hana and her amusement park obsession. “Sure...” Even if all of them are the same. If it’s with you, it’s way okay. He glanced at Hana’s smiling face. He’s glad she’s okay now. But what irks him was the reason she ran to the woods. He deserved that punch, Kai. You just want to teach him a lesson-never hurt Hana. He thought to himself.