CHAPTER 49

Two Moons: The Beginning

~CHAPTER 49~

"Similarities"

 

As soon as we arrived in the hotel, Daeji and I rushed towards our room. Luckily, Suho-oppa was in the lobby to take the girls attention at us. We started packing our things.

“Clothes checked. Dolphins checked. Two Moons checked. Gifts checked and I’m wearing them.” I thought for a second. “I think that’s all.” I zipped my bag and stretched. I faced at the troubled Daeji. “Look at what you got into. Why did you bring so many things anyways?” I asked her.

Her clothes were messily placed into the bed. Her lotions were sticking out of the bag and she can’t arrange them properly. “These are girls things.” She pointed her lotion at me and raised a brow. “If you want to help me, will you call D.O.? That guy was the one who arrange these things in the first place!” She was getting irritated.

“Arasso.” I stood up and went towards his room. I knocked and a few seconds, D.O. came out. “Daeji needs your help.” I boringly said to him and he understood quickly. “It’s her things, right?” I nodded.

He closed the door and started to walk. “D.O.! I’ll be in the dining area.” I said to him and he gave an ‘okay’ sign.

 

After having a late lunch, I decided to go the park nearby. I decided to take a last view of the place.

I slowly walked on the pavement and watched the greeneries and flowers at their finest. “I’m going to miss this place.” I smiled and let my arms spread wide. I breath in the fresh air.

I sat on one of the bench. I was quietly observing everything until I felt a ticklish feeling on my feet. I looked down and saw the white dog from before.

 

“Hey. How have you been doing?” I asked and scratched the part under his head. He my nose and I scrunched. “Ooooh~ I’m going to miss you.”

“Are you sure it’s not  the owner that you’re going to miss?” A voice spoke up and when I turned I saw the guy from before sitting beside me. I was startled.

“Since when did you get there?!” I hit his arm. “You’re going to give me heart attack before I leave.” I clicked my tongue and I can hear him chuckle.

“You haven’t answered my question~” He said in a playful tone. I rolled my eyes and paid attention to the dog. “You’re so cute! I’m going to miss you!” I brushed my nose against his and he barked. “Aigoo~”

He chuckled and raised my brows at him. “What’s so funny?”

“I don’t know.” He chuckled again and I gave him a questioning look.

“You know you’re really weird.” I stated and then leaned my back on the bench.

“I was famous in my home for being weird.” He said while looking at the sky.

I glanced at him and observed his face. He was handsome, very handsome. His eyes and smile compliment his face. It was like puzzle pieces matching every sides. “Thanks for last time.” I muttered while looking at him. He just nodded and smiled.

“Thank you too. I really had a good time~” He winked and I frowned.

“You’re weird and cheesy.” I made a sour expression. I suddenly remembered what I forgot to do last time. “Your name! What’s your name again?” I turned my body and faced him completely.

He smirked. “I thought you’d never ask... My name is Baekhyun but I prefer to be called Baek.” He said and offered a hand. I beamed and gladly shook it.

“I’m Hana. It’s nice to meet you, Baek.” I smiled at him. When our hands connected, I felt the strangest thing ever. It was familiar. But I decided to shake the thought off.

 “Oh! I think someone is searching for you.” He looked passed me which made me turn my head. I can see D.O. from a far. He looked out of breath. I stood up and slightly bowed to Baek. “Wait here for a sec.” I started to run towards him.

“Hana! I was searching all over the place! You said you’ll be in the dining area!” He said while trying to grasp some air. I’m so tired. I’m really old. Aish.

I giggled and patted his shoulder. “I’m sorry. I just wanted to take a breather.” I looked at him. His forehead was sweating. “Dude, you need to exercise more.”

He gave me a ‘you’re-really-going-to-say-that’ look. “Hay. Hay. Hay.” He waved his hand.

“I want you to meet someone.” I grabbed his hand and smiled. “I’m sure you’ll like him.” He gave me a quizzical look. I gasped when I turned around. There was no one. Baek and his dog were no where in sight. “Where did they...go?”

“Huh?”

I looked around but found no one. “But I’m sure I’m not imagining things...” I muttered until I gasped. “D.O.! Do you think I’m crazy?!”

“Eh?” He narrowed his eyes and then he flicked my forehead. “You’re crazy if you admit you’re crazy. Let’s go back. The others are ready.” He said and started to drag me.

I frowned and took a glance of the park before I leave. He is real. I know he is. See you soon, Baek and dog- Omo! I forgot to ask the name of the dog! Adfghjk! Why?!

 

A week had passed and we’re back to those “normal” days. School days, for short. Jiyoung didn’t return to the school, though. The teachers said she transferred to America to study. I can’t say if that was a lie or not.

 

“The formula for the conic section is...” The teacher continued to discuss his lesson. Meanwhile, I was playing with the pen in my right hand while my head was leaning on the other.

I want to sleep.  I sighed and my gaze fell on the one beside me. I could see Sehun sleeping on his desk. How can he casually do that? My eyes trailed to the teacher in front. He doesn't seem bothered. I puffed my cheek and sighed. If only I can do that...sigh.

After a few minutes, my eyelids became heavy. I tried to stay awake but I was too sleepy. Never study late at night Hana! I pinched myself and I winced in pain.

Kai chuckled and I turned my head and glared at him. He shook his head and made a sleeping gesture. I narrowed my eyes and wagged my finger towards me. He raised his brows and leaned. I smirked and pinched his nose. “Oww!” He shouted and I gasped.

When I turned, I saw the teacher tapping his stick on his hand. “Out.Now.” He gestured and opened the door. I eyed the class and felt embarrassed. They were looking at me in dismay. I frowned and walked in heavy steps. I can hear Kai’s footsteps behind me.

Before I left the classroom, I bowed to the teacher and the class.

 

“This is worse than hyung’s punishments.” Kai muttered while rubbing his legs.

“Shh Kai!” I shouted in whispering way. “Arms up!”

He clicked his tongue and raised his arm sidewards. “If you only you didn’t pinch me, this wouldn’t happen.”

I shot him a look. “Yah. You were the one laughing at me.” I hit his arm. He gave an innocent expression. “Who said I was laughing at you?” I narrowed my eyes. “You can’t fool me Kai.”

He started laughing again. “You got me. Aish...you’re so clever, Miss Maiden.”

Two students passed by and they were gossiping. Kai, on the other hand, has no reaction at all. I sighed and lowered my head. Oh, the shame.

 

It’s been thirty minutes and I could feel my arms and knees turned numb. I slightly twist my body and stretched. When I turned my head, I saw Kai leaning on the wall, sitting in a comfortable way. My eyes twitched. This is so unfair!

The bell rang and Kai jolted awake. The teacher came out and shook his head. He gestured us to follow him. I slowly stood up and almost lost my balance fortunately, Kai helped me stand up. “Easy.”

“Thanks.” I muttered and held his reaching hand.

On our way to the teacher’s lounge, I saw T. Jung and Kris talking quarreling? Then, I saw T. Jung slapped him. My jaw dropped. I wanted to see more but Kai ‘psst’ me. He was already far away. I gulped and turned my head to look at the scene and I saw T. Jung glaring at me while Kris gave me an expressionless look. I bowed and ran towards Kai.  What was that? A-Are they fighting because of me? No, it can’t be. It just can’t be, right?

 

“Ms. Park, are you listening?” I gasped when I heard my name. I looked at the Jin-sonsaengnim. He was giving me a stern look. I slowly nodded and my hands gripped on my skirt. He cleared his throat. “Next time I catch you not paying attention in my class, I’ll put you on detention, understood?” He raised his brows and the two of us ‘neh’. He sure has some guts saying that even though he was aware Mr. Oh Sehun wasn’t paying any attention in his class. Such discrimination.

The door clattered open and revealed a troubled T. Jung. One can see bitterness in her face. I gulped hard.

“Kai...” I glanced at him and mouthed. “Let’s go?”

He smiled. “Sure.” We bid our farewell to the teacher.

T. Jung was by the door when I walked passed her. I was sure that I was holding my breath. I didn’t know why but I can feel something was off. I can sense her glare behind my neck. I slightly bowed without looking and tugged on Kai’s arm. Gosh, she was really scary.

 

 

It was lunch break and the cafeteria was fuller than ever. Rian, Yoonmi, Daeji and Kai were sitting with me. D.O’s class wasn’t finished yet, I think.

“Hey guys, next time, do visit our place. It’s really boring there with just the maids doing their jobs.” Rian muttered while playing with her salad. I raised my brows.

“Our place?” I pointed my fork at Rian and Yoonmi. “You girls live together?!”

They looked at each other and giggled. “Yes!”

“Are you sisters or what? Stepsisters?” I asked them getting interested. I need to stop thinking about the scene earlier.

“Anio.” Yoonmi took a sip of her drink. “More like ‘really-close-parents’ thing.”

“You see our parents are best friends and they practically know each other ever since they were in diapers.” Rian chuckled and Daeji rolled her eyes. “They’re even shareholders in each other’s’ company.”

“Pretty cool.” I bit my sandwich. “So are they in your house?”

“Nope. They’re in abroad. The main companies are there and they’re keeping an eye on the business.” Yoonmi tapped her phone and showed me a picture. “Look, those two are my parents while the other two are hers.”

“That’s where you got the genes!” I was at awe. Their parents were good-looking. I felt showing them my parents picture. “Here, these are my parents.” I placed the photo on the table but suddenly, I hit the juice and it flowed to my skirt. “Ah! Omo!” I stood up and tried to wipe it. “Oh geez... Will you excuse me for a sec?” I clasped my hands and left for the comfort room.

“Careless.” Kai chuckled. Daeji reached for the photo and she tilted her head.

“That’s odd.”

Rian gave her a quizzical look. “What’s odd?”

“They don’t have any similarities.”

“Eh? Let me see.” Rian grabbed the photo and eyed the picture. “You’re right.” She placed it on the table. “Do you think she’s adopted?”

“I don’t know. Hana’s not telling me anything.” Kai spoke up and eyed the picture.

“Come on, guys. It’s possible for parents and their daughters to not have any similarities, right? Don’t overthink it.” Yoonmi said and slurped her juice.

That I’m not sure. Daeji looked at the picture in deep thought. It’s pretty impossible to not have any similar facial features in one of the parents. I practically looked like my mom. I was no near my dad.