CHAPTER 60

Two Moons: The Beginning

~CHAPTER 60~

 

Suho was sitting on a bench by the fountain. He took a glance at the clock. 11:50 am.

“You’re indeed a wise man just like master said, Master Suho.” Choi sat beside him and he smiled.

“Just call me Suho, Ms. Choi.” He replied and she nodded. “Then please call me Rima.”

“Rima,  can you tell me what really happened?” Suho asked looking serious. Rima sighed and nodded. She told him that true story.

 

It was a Monday evening. Rian and Yoonmi were watching the television when someone knocked on the door. They looked at each other confused.

“That’s odd... why didn’t I hear the doorbell?” Rian asked and stood up. She went towards the door. When she opened it, she found no one.

“Who is it?” Yoonmi asked. She was standing up.

“Ms. Yoonmi, what’s wrong?” Choi appeared from the kitchen with some maids. They were preparing the snacks.

“Someone knocked on the door.” She replied. Choi furrowed her brows.

“Where are the guards?” She asked the maids who just shrugged. Rian who was at the porch turned and faced them. “There’s no one. I’m just hearing things.” She smiled and was going to enter but someone jumped from above and landed behind her. The man covered while his other arm was surrounding her waist. He started to drag her out of the place.

“Rian!” “Ms. Rian!” They shouted for her. But soon, men wearing black came out from each side and did the same with Yoonmi. “Ms. Yoonmi!” Choi was going to help her but she someone knocked her out. She saw a lady wearing black clothes.

When she regained consciousness, she found herself tied up with the other maids. They were crying. They felt something on their necks. Choi reached for her collar but was stop.

“If you remove it, you die.” A voice told them from the back. She turned her head and saw a woman sitting in a chair with a cigar. “Now, let me get straight to the point. If you want your precious masters to live, follow everything I say.”  She smirked.

Choi gritted her teeth. She couldn’t do anything.

 

“That’s what happened.” Rima was holding her hands together because they were trembling.

“You said they were wearing black clothes?” Suho tried to confirm his theory. She nodded. Then, it’s them. Suho’s jaw tightened.

“”Please send my gratitude to Master Kai and Master Luhan. They freed us from those criminals.” Rima said and stood up. Suho blinked. “What did you say?”

“They beat those guys and saved our lives.” She smiled at him. “Now, I entrust the master’s and Ms. Yoonmi’s safety to you. Please take care.” She said and bowed.

Suho stood there dumbfounded. Those guys.He smiled and forgot that Luhan can read minds. “Tsk.” He shook his head and turned serious again. “I won’t let you down. I promise.” He turned and headed towards the Crystal Building.

 

I was eating my lunch with Daeji when I heard a loud bang on Suho-oppa’s apartment. I blinked at Daeji and dropped my fork. “Somwing’s NOt nyayt.” I drank from my glass and ran towards his place.

D.O. just got out of the comfort room. He was still wearing my apron. “Where’s princess?”

Daeji looked at him and blushed. Gosh, he looks so cute. He raised his brows making her cleared . “Suho’s apartment.”

He sighed and shook his head. “Didn’t I teach you formality miss?” She rolled her eyes. “Alright. I understand. Ahjussi, Hana went to Suho-oppa’s place.” D.O. clicked his tongue and removed his apron. “Let’s go then.”

“But what about these?!” She held her bowl of noodles. “Just...sigh..bring it with you...” Daeji grinned and lifted her bowl with chopsticks.

 

Meanwhile, I was leaning my ear on the door. Eavesdropping, obviously.I could hear Kai shouting words like... “It’s dangerous!...Die....You” And I think he was shouting at Chen because I heard him shout. “It’s her duty to protect these people!”

“What?” I gulped and stood properly. Is this about me?

“Aren’t you going to knock?” Daeji said in a loud voice but I immediately signaled her to keep quiet. She shut instantly. I thought everything will be okay until the door opened and revealed a serious Luhan. “Come in.” His forehead was sweating. I nodded and eyed Daeji and D.O. They trailed behind me.

I slowly walked where Luhan led me and glanced at Kai who was looking mad. His eyes were gazing at the ground while clenching his fists. Xiumin was patting his back.

I sat on the sofa with Luhan and Lay on my sides. “What’s going on?” I asked them. They eyed each other uneasily. My eyes fell on Suho-oppa who looked hesitant. “Oppa?”

He sighed and nodded. “I-I was not planning on involving you in this matter.”

“Oppa. What is it?” I said in a serious tone. He looked at me and I could see his teary eyes.

“Midnight Assassins had made a move. But I didn’t expect to be this way...” He intertwined his hands and gripped on them hard. “They took Rian, Yoonmi and Jung Elie.” My eyes widened. I felt like a tub of cold water fell on me.

“T-They took them?!” I bit my nails while my hands were trembling. I couldn’t stop but imagine horrible things that might happen to them. Those assassins are ruthless. Why did they bring innocent people into this?! I swallowed hard. “When did this happen?”

Lay held my hand. “Elie was kidnapped this morning while Rian and Yoonmi were kidnapped last Monday.”

“What?! But I thought they were-“ *Not in abroad.* This all happened without me knowing. Why was I clueless?! I felt a lump was on my throat. It was hard for me to absorb everything. I closed my eyes and tried to focus. I need to do something. When I opened them, I noticed that someone was missing. “Where’s Kris?” I looked at Suho-oppa but he just looked away.

“Kris left to save Elie.” Chanyeol replied.

“Hah.” I blinked a few times trying to grasp the situation. This was not the time for me to be jealous or anything. This was a matter of life and death. “And you let him leave alone?!” I shouted and I could hear the others gasped but I ignored them.

Chanyeol didn’t reply. Now, the room was filled with deadly silence. “Do any of you know where their hideout is?” I asked while looking at the table.

“And what?! You’re planning to go after them?!” Kai asked with a sarcastic tone. I was taken aback. I watched him let a laugh.

I was annoyed because I felt ridiculed. “Of course I’m planning to go after them! They’re my friends!”

“Friends?” Kai shook his head while giving a pathetic smile. “You include T. Jung in your friends list? Oh come on.” He crossed his arms and faced me. I stood up and went in front of him.

I sighed. “I admit that she is not my friend...” I watched him smirked in victory. I glared at him. “BUT I wouldn’t give her up like that. She deserves to live a normal life. They’re innocent Kai.” I clenched my fists. And it’s my fault innocent people are drawn into this mess.

“You said your reason. But the problem is...” Kai leaned and his expression hardened. “You’re useless.” My heart fell.

“Kai!” Luhan shouted and he was ready to lunge at him. Lay stopped him. Everyone was shocked with what he said. I looked at his eyes. Kai wasn’t joking. He meant every word.

I was frozen in my spot. I couldn’t even utter a word.He’s right. He’s damn right. I have no more powers... I’m useless. I lowered my head and a tear fell. Kai’s eyes showed pain but he didn’t let his act fail. “I-I guess I’m not needed here.” I muttered and ran passed Kai. I went out heading to my bedroom.

“Hana!” Daeji ran after me.

 

Kai stood there. He was broken than ever. It pained him to utter those words to Hana but he had no choice. He wanted to protect her even if it meant to hurt her feelings. He closed his hands until they turned white. The guardians were dismayed but they understood why he did that.

“Kai, you did what is right.” Suho stood beside him and patted his back. Kai just stared on the space and nodded slowly.

Suho eyed the guardians. “Let’s proceed with a plan.”

Tao rolled his eyes while glancing at Chen and Xiumin. This is not what we planned. They should have agreed in letting her join the rescue mission. Tsk. He shook his head.

“What are we going to do?” Chen asked Suho.

“We’re heading to their hideout.” Suho watched Chanyeol stiffened. “And I know you know where it is.”