CHAPTER 64

Two Moons: The Beginning

~CHAPTER 64~

 

 

D.O. continued to walk on the path between tall valleys. Some parts were crowded so he needed to squeeze himself in. He can still see the tall tower from a far.

When he looked up, he saw a figure looking down at him. D.O. narrowed his eyes because he couldn’t see who it was. He continued walking until he arrived in a DEAD END. He raised his brows when he saw that what awaited him was a huge pit. “Daeji!” He turned his back and was going to run after her but he saw assassins smirking at him. “.”

 

Meanwhile, Daeji who was clueless about what’s happening to D.O. began to ascend the stairs. She looked up ahead and frowned. “This will be longer than expected.” Because she was facing more than thousand steps.

 

“Get out of my way I said!” D.O.’s eyes were glaring at every enemy who stops him from walking. He threw punches at an assassin making it hit the others. He needed to finish this fast because he sensed DANGER.

An assassin lunged behind him and rode his back. He encircled his arm around D.O.’s neck making him turn and sway at each side. “This is Troublesome!” D.O.’s eyes glowed a shade of hazel brown. He gripped on the arm of the assassin making him flip in air and hit the wall.

D.O. eyed the other assassins. 15? 25? 35? “I’ve got no time for this!” He curled his hands and suddenly the ground shook. The assassins were alarmed sending each other signals. They began to charge at D.O. “Wrong move.” He muttered and soon spikes appeared from the ground and it immediately killed the assassins.

After finishing the assassins, D.O. flexed his neck and walked towards where Daeji was heading. But before he was able to go, an assassin on the ground muttered something so he turned. “Tic toc. Tic toc. You’re out of time.” The assassin smirked and revealed a button. D.O’s eyes widened when he pushed the button. A bomb exploded making him flew backwards. D.O. fell on the pit. “Daeeejiiii!!!” He shouted.

 

Daeji turned back. She felt something happened. “K-Kyungsoo.” She bit her lip and closed your eyes. “Please be safe.” She muttered and turned in front. She was nearing the opening. *Just a few more steps.*

 

“Sigh. I was expecting a better company.” The figure arrogantly commented while his hands were on his waist.

“I should have known better. Huang Zi Tao.” Daeji glared at him and made an attacking pose.

Tao smirked. “Too bad, hyung is already in the deepest part of this place.” He blinked and snapped his fingers. “I got it! Since you two are love birds, I’ll make you join him in that pit! Brilliant, isn’t it?”

Daeji rolled her eyes before glaring at him. “He’ll come back for me, for everyone. What I need to do is buy him some time.” She hissed.

Tao’s expression hardened. He shook his head. “Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. Then, I guess you need to negotiate with the time controller.” He smirked and raised his hand. “Wait. But isn’t that me?”

Daeji frowned. *Gosh, this guy’s humor .* She her lips. “Shall we begin the negotiation?”

Tao blinked. In a few seconds, she found herself being pinned down on a ground. Tao has his red violet blade on her neck. “It just ended.”

 

“Chanyeol what are you doing?!” I raised my voice while clenching my fists. “Are you siding with the enemy?!” I asked him. He was standing from a far but I could see his eyes that were glowing in the shade of red. Fire was covering his hands.

“Hana, it’s better if you leave this to me.” Kris hid me behind his arm. His voice was different. It serious but it was shaky. I looked at Kris’ eyes only to find him looking pained. I pursed my lips and nodded. I stepped back.

Kris. Get.out.of.the.way.” Chanyeol hissed and walked towards us. I gulped hard.

“No, Chanyeol! You’re doing the wrong thing!” Kris shouted back and walked towards him. I clasped and intertwined my fingers in front of my chest. My heart was pounding loudly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=o5Uoc0xOIRw

 

“KRIS!” Chanyeol’s voice echoed in the hall. Soon, flame formed in his back creating wings.

He started to shoot fire at Kris but fortunately, he has covered his body with scales. Chanyeol clicked his tongue and lunged towards him. He flexed his neck and through a hard punch at Kris’ stomach. Kris flew away and hit the wall.

“No!” I was going to run towards him but he placed his hand in front.

Don’t move! This is between the two of us!” He shouted and I was frozen on my spot. My lips were trembling hard. *They’re going to kill each other if I don’t do anything.* I clenched my fists harder and watched them continue the fight. “This has to end.”

Kris flew towards Chanyeol and pushed him hard. After that, he gripped on his collar and punched his face. Chanyeol’s lips bled. He held Kris arms and then fire was formed. Kris screamed in pain and released the grip on Chanyeol’s collar. He used this time to kick Kris’ head. Kris hit the wall afterwards.

Kris spat out some blood before wiping his mouth with the back of his hand. He was having a hard time standing up. I noticed how he was holding his arm.

“Kris! Stop now!” I shouted but he didn’t listen. He tried to stand up. Chanyeol gazed at me then at him. He smirked before walking towards Kris. My eyes widened when Chanyeol created a fire whip. He smirked at me before facing Kris.

“Now you’ll understand how I feel.” Chanyeol said in a loud voice before whipping Kris body with the fire whip. Tears fell. I couldn’t hold back anymore. Kris is being tortured.

GET.AWAY.FROM.HIM!” I screamed before punching Chanyeol hard in the face. He flew away and hit a large column. Anger was filling my body. I was glaring at Chanyeol who just stood up brushing his shirt.

He blinked. “Is that all?” He shook his head. “Nolae, made a huge mistake choosing you.” His expression hardened. “I can’t believe she sacrificed her life to the likes of you, Hana.” He narrowed his red eyes and fire balls appeared in the air.

“You know what I can’t believe, huh, Chanyeol?!” I asked and glanced at Kris. “YOU betraying YOUR friends!” I shouted and ran towards him. I normalized my breathing and teleported behind him. I placed my hands in front and a strong airwave hit his back. It was too late when he dodged.

Chanyeol coughed while he was kneeling on one of his knees. He looked at the ground. “If betraying my friends is the only way to kill you then I’ll betray every single one of them.” He muttered and stood up. Kris was walking towards me when a line of fire was directed to him. He hit the wall again and lost consciousness.

“Kris!” I shouted but he wasn’t replying. I turned my attention to Chanyeol. “Why do you hate me so much?!” I asked him while making an attacking position.

Chanyeol’s eyes glowed with a darker red. He ran towards me and gripped on my neck making my feet leave the ground. I held and tried to remove his hand but I failed. He was too strong. His anger was too strong. “Because you’re the reason she died.” He hissed. My heart sank when I saw his eyes-his lonely eyes.

 

“Hyung, what’s the meaning of this?” Sehun asked Luhan. He was surprised when Luhan said those words. “Are you betraying me?”

Kai was breathing hard on the ground. His body was aching because of the wounds Sehun has inflicted in him.

“Sehun, is this what you really wanted to do?” Luhan asked in a soft voice. “Is this what your heart tells you to follow?” Sehun pursed his lips and looked down. There was a moment of silence.

“Anio.” Sehun muttered. “But I vowed to fulfill my promise. I want to protect you.” His eyes which looked so determined looked at Luhan. “That is why I need to... destroy her and anyone who gets in the way, hyung.” A green blade appeared from his hand and the atmosphere became stingy.

“Sehun. Don’t. This is all wrong.” Luhan said before he held Sehun’s hand that was holding the blade.

“What’s wrong, hyung? This act betraying our friends or you being a spy of Kris-hyung?” Sehun’s voice showed he was disappointed. Luhan was startled. He didn’t know that Sehun knew this. “Did you honestly think that you can hide it from me?” He gritted his teeth. “Why did you choose to side with them?! We’re brothers right?!” Luhan lowered his head.

Kai watched the two talked. He knew why Sehun was flustered about Luhan betraying him. Sehun was right. They were brothers. In fact, the three of them are since they grew up together in an orphanage. That was how they became best friends and then “brothers”.

“I’m only siding on what is right. We have lived for a good thousand years. We have followed our dreams and got everything we wanted.” Luhan looked up at Sehun. “Since the Maiden is found, we need to fulfill our duty. Even if it meant sacrificing our lives to save her and humanity.”

“B-But you’ll die, hyung!” Sehun’s voice cracked. Luhan smiled while shaking his head. “Of course, I will. Everyone will. Nothing stays the same. Even that pathetic dude over there...changed and matured a bit.”

Kai rolled his eyes. “Yah! I can hear you!”

“Whatever.” Luhan scoffed then he turned to Sehun. “Stop going against your heart, Sehun. I know you care for her. I know you won’t betray her. She’s already there, right?” He pointed at Sehun’s chest. Sehun pursed his lips. It was true. There was no way he can hurt Hana. “Just like how she’s in here.” Then, Luhan pointed at his chest.

Kai blinked. He knew it. The three of them likes her. *Aish. Hana, why do you have to be likable?!* He frowned.

“Hyung, what about the promise?” Sehun asked. Luhan smiled warmly and patted his head. “No matter what, we’ll still protect each other. BUT. It’s not from Hana and our friends. It should be from them.” He nodded at Sehun’s back. Sehun turned and saw a dozen of humanoids standing from a far.

“The Master must have ordered them to kill us.” Luhan muttered under his breath. He glanced at Kai who was trying to stand up. “No need. The two of us can handle this. Just stay put.”

Luhan and Sehun nodded at each other. Their eyes glowed the shades of magenta and green.