CHAPTER 63

Two Moons: The Beginning

 

Have you seen the mv teaser?! It was asdfghjkkjhgfdfghjk TT_TT COOL~


 

~CHAPTER 63~

 

 

Blood was dripping from Suho’s head after he hit Xiumin’s iceberg. “Tsk.”

Lay was going to his aid but lightning hit the ground before him. “Chen!” Lay hissed.

“One on one, remember?” Chen smirked at Lay. He ran towards Lay and punched his stomach making him flew meters away. He was near the huge pit. If Lay falls, it might be his end.

“Lay!” Suho swayed his hand and water rushed behind Lay’s back. It became his support. When Lay got back on his feet, he started charging at Chen. But instead of using his 100% of his strength, he only used 40% in his punches and kicks. He aimed for Chen’s abdomen and joints.

Xiumin narrowed his eyes and it glowed with a shade of light blue. Hard snowballs created from the water flew and hit Lay’s arms. “Lay! Why are you being stupid?!”

Chen stepped back and held his elbow. It’s paralyzed. “.”

Lay scoffed before shooting a glare at Xiumin. “I believe you’re telling it to the wrong person. Have you looked at yourselves in the mirror?” He stood up and Suho went beside him. “You’ve betrayed your brothers and the Maiden!” He shouted in grimace.

Chen raised his brows and smirked like he was mocking Lay’s statement. “Betrayed our brothers? Are you sure we’re on the same page?” He flexed his neck and glanced at Xiumin who was rubbing the back of his neck. “Have you forgotten the prophecy, Lay?”

Death will come upon us.” Xiumin clenched his fists. “Because of that girl.Because of those pathetic humans.”

Suho gritted his teeth. *So this is what’s all about...* “It’s been a long time and you still haven’t forgotten and forgiven them, haven’t you, Xiumin?!”

Xiumin spat on the floor and looked at his reflection. “I haven’t forgotten a single bit.”

Chen looked sorry while he was watching Xiumin. He They knew what happened.

 

Thousand years ago, Minseok (Xiumin's old name) was only 23 but he already has a family. He has a beautiful wife named Mina and two daughters, Rima and Sena. This was before he knew he was a guardian.

“Yeobo!Sena, she’s-“ Mina shouted at Minseok who has just arrived from the town. Minseok dropped the small basket and rushed inside their small house. He knew that Sena was sick but he can’t afford any medicine.

“Sena!” He approached his daughter who was trembling badly. She was already 6 years old yet her body was too small. “I’m going to bring you to the doctor!” He said and lifted her up. He dashed out of the house and ran towards the town. It didn’t matter if he needed to run another 2 or 3 kilometers. He wanted her daughter to survive.

 

He was already sweating and dirty when he arrived in the town. People were looking at him as if he was crazy person. He didn’t mind because his daughter was his priority. “Doctor! Please help us!” He shouted outside the doctor’s house. “Doctor!”

The door opened and revealed the doctor. His face showed disgust. “You again?! I have given you the medicine last week and here you again asking for another help?! You haven’t even paid any single penny!” The doctor blurted out getting the passersby’s attention. Minseok cowered because of the looks he’s receiving.

“B-But doctor my daughter is dying!” He looked at his frail daughter who was having hard time breathing.

“I have helped enough. My wife is getting mad at me for giving you medicines. I have a family that I needed to take care of.” The doctor stepped back and was going to close the door but Minseok got in the way. He leaned his arm and begged for the doctor.

“P-please help m-my daughter! I beg you! I promise I’m going to pay! Please... Just save my daughter!” He was already crying.

The doctor looked down. Suddenly, a hand pushed Minseok away from the door. It was the doctor’s wife. “You’ve ask enough! Now leave!” She said and closed the door.

Minseok cried because he couldn’t do anything for his daughter. The townpeople started to walk again after watching the “dramatic” show. They didn’t even help the poor Minseok and his dying daughter.

 

A few days after that event, Sena was buried. Minseok’s house became silent because they were grieving.

 

“Yeobo, please drink this. You need to have your strength back.” Minseok was holding a cup of tea. Mina smiled weakly and looked at outside. She has never forgotten her lost even though two months have passed.

“Has Rima arrived?” She asked Minseok who just placed the cup on the sidetable. He shook his head. “I’m going to fetch her now.” He replied and stood up.

On his way to Rima’s school, he heard voices. Curiosity and a bad feeling filled his being. He went towards the source of the voices. His eyes widened when he saw children and some parents hitting his daughter. Rima was already on the ground covering her head.

“Rima!”Minseok ran towards her and shoved the people away. “What are you doing?!” He shouted before hugging his daughter.

“another beggar arrived.” A woman scoffed. She hid her sons behind her back. “If this goes on, we will all be infected by their disease!” She shot a disgusted look.

“What did you just say?!” Minseok hissed but he felt Rima tugging on his worn out shirt. “Appa, let’s leave.” She said weakly.

“R-Rima.” His face softened and he carefully lifted her up. He began to walk away from the people. “Why did they do this to you, my dear daughter?”

Rima pursed her lip. “I-I just wanted to play with my classmates but they opposed to it. I tried hard to make friends but I ended up getting scolded by their parents.”

“you call this scolding?” Minseok was flustered.

When they arrived in their place, Minseok and Rima’s face was filled with horror. It was ransacked. Minseok rushed inside leaving Rima on the chair outside.

“Mina?!Mina?!”Minseok searched the whole house but found nothing. Until, he heard a noise at the back outside... His eyes widened when he saw 7 guys harassing his wife. “Get away from her!” He shoved them away and went in front of his bloody wife. She was beat up and in her current state, she might die. “Why are you doing this to us?!” He asked in confusion. His family didn’t deserve this treatment.

The first guy spat on the ground and shot him a look. “Boss said you haven’t paid the money you borrowed. And it has been what-three months.” He smirked at his group. “That’s why we decided to stop by and guess what, it was such a good thing we did.” He smirked and eyed Mina. Her clothes were already shattered. Minseok knew they did something to her before they beat her up.

“I’m going to kill you!” He rushed towards the guy and threw punches at him. His anger rushed through his veins and he couldn’t control himself. “I’m going to kill all of you!” He shouted and continued to punch the guy’s face until he was lying on the ground.

“Hyung!” The other guys rushed and kicked Minseok off the guy. “How dare you touch our leader!” He shouted and the other 5 guys kicked Minseok. Minseok covered his head.

“Yeobo!” Mina shouted in pain. She was crawling on the ground trying her best to help him. She tugged on a guys shirt but only received a kick in the head. The kick was so hard that it made her neck cracked. Minseok’s eyes widened.

Mina!” He called for his wife who wasn’t moving any longer. “Mina!” He wanted to stand up but the guys continued to beat him. “Mina!” He cried but she didn’t reply. “Mina!”

 

In a glimpse of an eye, Minseok’s eyes glowered with a shade of blue. The guys noticed the change and they stepped back. He stood up clenching his fist. First, it was Sena. Now, it was Mina. “I’m going to kill all of you!” He shouted and suddenly, snow icicles appeared in the air and hit the five of the guys. They dropped dead on the dirty ground.

The guy who kicked Minseok was able to run without him noticing it. Minseok came to Mina’s side. “Y-Yeobo...” He lifted her head using his left arm and his right thumb her cold cheek. “Y-Yeobo...” Tears fell from his eyes. “Forgive me for not being a good husband. I should have taken care of my family. I’m sorry... I’m so sorry.” He said and kissed his dead wife’s lips. He laid her head carefully and decided to go to Rima who was in front of the house.

He was slowly walking because he already lost a lot of his strength. He didn’t know what happened to him. He didn’t know why he was able to do those things. “Rima!” He called for her in the corner but she didn’t reply. “Rima?” When he turned, his heart fell completely. He saw her daughter lying on the ground lifeless. The guy from before was the one who killed her. It was payment for what Minseok did to his group. It was revenge.

Minseok fell on his knees. His world was completely shattered. *Why is this happening to me? All I wanted is to have a family and be happy* They took her life. Now, there was no longer a reason to live, isn’t there?

 

After a few moments, Minseok had a blank expression while he looked at the sky. It was already raining. It should be cold, right? “But why am I not feeling anything?” He asked miserably and tears fell. The cold of the rain was incomparable to the cold that frozen his heart.

“Everything is gone because of those people... because of those humans.” He said while gritting his teeth. He realized that he was not just a normal human. He was something else. “What am I going to do now you’re all gone?” He asked at the sky.

He could only hear the sounds of droplets. He closed his eyes and asked for an answer.

 

 

“Why are you kneeling there Minseok?”He heard a voice. He turned his head and gazed at the person behind him. It was a girl and behind her were two men.

“...” He didn’t reply.

“I’m Ye Nolae.” She walked towards him and smiled. Minseok furrowed his brows and looked at her. “Are you here to kill me? If so, do it fast.”

Nolae blinked at his statement. She shook her head and offered a hand. “I’m here because you’re going to live.”