CHAPTER 11

Two Moons: The Beginning

~CHAPTER 11~

"Ye Nolae"

 

The entire day had passed. Kai and I didn't see Sehun the whole afternoon. I was sort of relieved. We walked towards home after class. We passed by an ice cream store so we decided to give it a shot.

“One double Dutch with lots of dark syrup.” I ordered. Bitter chocolate is my bias from every flavors of chocolates.

“One cappuccino blast.” Kai happily tapped his finger on the counter.

We both ate our ice cream at the same time and I finished mine within 2 minutes or less. We happened to pass by the library. I remembered that I needed to return the book. This place was the place where that old woman died. Sigh. I never asked Kris the truth behind that event.

I touched the “Crime Scene” line and raised it. The book was still on my bag.

“Kai, can you watch outside? I have something I need to return.” I put a small smile and turned away.

“Ok.” He waited outside.

I entered the library. It was open. I wondered why. The place wasn’t like before. Books, papers and glasses shattered on the entire floor. “It looks like someone fought here.” I touched the table where the old woman always sits. It had blood on it. I was not scared. Not at all. But I couldn't help but feel cold. I heard a sound coming from the restricted area. I slowly walked towards the room where I found the book. It was dark and quiet. I felt something strange coming from the inside.

I had second thoughts but something tells me I need to know what’s out there. I stepped my foot and heard another swift move again. I felt this presence before. It was the presence I sensed when I found the book. I continually walked inside the dark room. I stopped when I noticed that there was a door ahead.

“You can do this.” I cheered myself up.

I held the knob and opened it. I entered the dark room and found myself somewhere else.

 

Kai’s POV

Sheesh. I wondered why that girl took a lot of time. I began to feel nervous. It was dark outside. I faintly saw a figure walking towards me. I saw Kris.

“What are you doing here?” He asked me.

“Hana’s inside. She’s returning the book.” I answered.

“She’s what?! Oh no.” Kris hurriedly opened the door but when both of us entered someone hit our heads. We lost consciousness.

 

I found myself in a room; a room with the fireplace. The place looked like the scenarios in the old times. At the top of the fireplace is a picture of woman. I had a feeling that I have seen her somewhere. I walked towards it and I passed by an empty couch. No one was sitting there.

I turned and looked at the name of the portrait. “Yè Nolae.” She was the author of “Two Moons.” I turned around and I bumped into something; or someone. It was a guy I’ve never met before.

“Who are you?” I asked him.

He stared at me. He looked closely at my face. “Nolae?” I heard him say the name. His voice was deep and he reached for my face.

“Huh? I’m sorry but you got the wrong person.” I was going to move along but my heartbeat slowed. My body started to tremble. I remembered the thought I had, “ I have seen her somewhere before, Yè Nolae.”

I hardly stood up and slowly approached the portrait. “Yè Nolae.” That name was continually repeated in my mind. My head hurt. It was then that I realized that we had the same face. I fell on my knees. My head was going to burst. My vision started to blur. Everything was moving. I-I looked at the man’s face and saw that tear fell on his cheek. His expression showed loneliness then it was turned into anger. He was going to hurt me when I...screamed. "No!" I cried.

I fell back on the floor of the restricted area; full of tears, full of sweat and full of pain. “Yè Nolae.” I need to know who she was. I need to know. I decided not to return the book. I descended the stairs then I found Kris and  Kai lying on the floor, unconscious.

“Kris! Kai! Wake up!” I slapped their faces. I was worried.

“Huh? Oww..” They both woke up while touching their heads.

“Somebody hit my head.” Kai looked pained.

 “Same here.” Kris furrowed his eyebrows. “Why did you come here?”

“I-I was going to return this book.” I couldn’t look in their eyes.

“What happened?” Kris asked.

“No-nothing. Uhm, we need to go home. It’s too dangerous here, the culprits might return.” I shakily stood up and so are they.

“Let’s go, guys.” Kai held Kris and my shoulders. He teleported us.

 

 

Crystal Building, Suho and Kai’s apartment; Living Room

Suho gave them some ice bags and they placed it behind their heads.

"Kris, I wanna ask you something again.” I said to him.

“What is it?” He replied while he drank his water.

“Do you have any...connection with the librarian?” I almost hesitated.

“...”

“It-it’s ok if you don’t answer. I was just curious.” I put up a smile trying to hide my mixed feelings.

“Her name was Kang Juwi. She was the keeper of the book.”

“Oh.” I quite understood.

“She was also the last blood-relative of my previous wife.” I silently twitched.*I knew it... he had a wife.* 

“Ah. Sorry.” I thought mentioning him mentioning his wife was hard for him. 

“...The night when you saw me in your room was the night Juwi was killed.” He looked sorrowful. I think he had a special bond with her.

“Who would do such a thing?!” I noticed Kai and Suho left the apartment.

“It was the Dark Organization; an evil underground society who wants to have the control of the world by using any means like killing people connected to the prophecy.” My eyes widened when I heard this.

"D-Dark Organization?" I hugged my arms and rubbed it because it gave me chills.

“Then, Juwi was killed because she was-”

“She was the keeper of the lost book, “Two Moons”. I continued his sentence. He stood up and stood by the window.

“If the prophecy would happen, the Dark Organization will be destroyed. Of course, they don’t want that. That’s why they made a plan to alter the future.” Kris crossed his arms. It became dark outside. There was a storm.

“And this altering of the future involves us?” I got a hang of it. *Poor Juwi.*

“Yes, they plan to destroy you.” He pointed at me. I placed my hand on my chest. "If only I arrived there in time, she must be alive until now." He grew resentful to himself.

“I-It's not your fault. I know you did your best." I stood up and faced him. He turned to me then suddenly the place became bright because of the lightning. He gave a small smile. But I knew it didn't change anything for him. "How did the book ended up in my room?" 

He faced me and walked towards me. "I was fighting someone or something."

"Then where is he?!" I got worried.

"He left and disappeared somewhere." He held my shoulders and gave me a don't worry look.

I felt relieved. "How do you know so much about the Dark Organization?" I asked out of curiosity.

He smiled. “I have a spy working there for so many generations now. Don’t ask who it is. It’s better if you wouldn’t know.” He then walked back to his seat.

The room became silent again. I sat back on my seat. I glanced at him from time to time while I held my bag closer.

"What is it you wanna ask? I don't bite." He looked at me.

I opened the bag and got the book. I placed it on the table. “Um, Kris. Do you know someone named Yè Nolae?” I laid my back and pointed at the book.

“Yes.... All I can say to you is that she’s the author of that lost book.”

*Why does he keep on limiting the informations? Is there something he wanted to hide?* I sighed. “Last question, Kris...Do you know the last door on the Restricted Area?”

“Hmm. Why?” He nodded.

“When I was there, I felt a strange presence.  And when I entered the place, the room was pretty different from the whole library. At one moment....I thought I was in a different dimension.” I made gestures.

“What do you mean?” He raised his brow.

“The place was like in medieval times. There was a fireplace, a couch, a portrait of Yè Nolae and someone I didn’t know.” I found it hilarious so I laughed it  out.

“What are you talking about?” His eyes looked confused. “That door leads to a simple storage of cleaning materials.”

“Eh?" I was confused. "Then what I just saw was all a dream?” I stood up. "..But it looked so real."

“...” He stayed quiet and leaned his back on the couch. 

I walked back and forth trying to remember everything. *If this was a dream then I shouldn't be remembering these things, right?* I stopped in front of him.

“Before I went out of that place, I felt pain and everything was a blur. It was hard for me to breath, to speak, to live. I know that.. that wasn’t a dream.” I walked back and forth again. I didn't know that he was looking at me the whole time.

“Aish! Stop doing that. It makes me feel dizzy.” He shouted.

“I don’t know what’s happening to me.” I held my head and threw myself on the couch.

“I believe you.” He stood up and left. “Don’t worry.”

“Ugh!” I buried my face on the couch pillow. “I wonder what’s wrong with me. And why did you just leave me alone here, you old man!" I whined while messing my hair.

 

Suho’s POV

Kris decided to tell Hana the truth about the death of Juwi. While, Hana was attentively listening to him, I felt a presence. I noticed Kai and Kris felt it too. Kris ignored the situation so I decided to handle it myself. Kai and I went out of the room.

We passed by Hana’s apartment door. We walked through the corridor and stopped by the stairs. There I saw Sehun and another figure staring at us. Even though he wore a hoodie and shades, I recognized him.

“How are you, Suho?” He looked up to where I was standing.

“I’m fine, hyung.” I stepped down but Kai held my arm.

“He’s our enemy.” Kai looked down. It was hard for him but he need to be cautious with them.

“It’s ok. Come on, we need to greet our hyung.” I smiled at him and he sighed. We descended the stairs. Sehun laid back at the wall and looked outside the big window. It was stormy.

Our hyung offered us some handshake and we accepted. I remembered that he was the most caring hyung after Lay. He was the one who taught me on how to control my powers. I don’t know why he chose to be on Chanyeol’s team. What I know was...he had a reason.

“Where is Kris?” He asked without removing his shades.

“He’s talking to her, hyung.” Kai answered.

“So...it was true that you found the maiden first.” He smiled away.

“What do you plan on doing, hyung?” Kai asked. He was worried for Hana.

“Hmm?” He smirked. “Since your team found her first then I won’t kill her, yet.” He and Sehun started to walk downstairs.

“Hyung, what is your reason?! Why did you join Chanyeol?!” Kai became agitated.

“It’s simple; to stop the prophecy.” They left.

“Kai, I know that he and Sehun have their reasons. But, their choice is not right. We’ve got no other way but to do our duties as Hana’s guardians.” I patted his back.

“You know him yourself. I know him, too. But, it’s painful to see him doing these things. I wanna know the truth.” He cupped his face and slipped his hands to his hair.

“Did hyung change his mind?” Kris went down.

“No.” “So what happened?” I sighed and looked at him.

“I don’t know myself. I can’t help thinking that things are starting to be complicated.” Kris rubbed the back of his neck.

“I didn’t know that it’s gonna be this hard; fighting our fellow guardians.” I sat on the stairs.

“This is just the beginning, hyung.” Kai looked worried.

Then, another lightning flashed.

“Hey, Kai. When you realized that you have powers, what did you feel?” I don’t why Kris asked that.

“If I remember correctly, when I first teleported, I-I was a bit dizzy and helpless.” He answered him.

“...Why is that so?” Kris asked again. I don’t know where this was going.

“Maybe it was because my body was not used to sudden alteration of surroundings. You know, it’s like my particles are not compatible to that of the place. But, that changed throughout my practice.”

“Why are you asking Kai these questions?” I became curious.

“Nothing.” He just left and went downstairs. He left us clueless.