CHAPTER 48.2

Two Moons: The Beginning

~CHAPTER 48~

"Jeju's Amusement Park (Part 2)"

 

After playing in these booths, they decided to hit it off with the rides. There was one problem, Luhan can’t ride rollercoasters and such. Those that he  can ride are caterpillars, swans, etc.-aka the slow-moving ones. Kai knew his situation. They were best friends before. Therefore, he secretively told Hana his situation and without a minute, she volunteered to stay with Luhan.

Now, Luhan and Hana were left alone. “Let’s go somewhere?” She held his hand. He was surprised but he still nodded.

 

Outside of the amusement park, a black van was parked nearby the entrance. With a cluttering sound, the door at the back seat opened revealing a woman wearing black tight clothes. She wore a black leather jacket and black skinny pants which matched her black boots. The black sunglasses covered her eyes. She walked like a model towards the ticket booth.

“One.” She said coldly as she placed her money on the counter. The staff gulped nervously as she prepared her ticket.  Her hands were trembling when she handed her tickets.  The girl smirked. “Pathetic.” She her heels and headed to the entrance.

 

“You know you should talk more.” We were walking together and it was only me talking and talking and talking. “Where has the arrogant and bad-mouthing Luhan go?” I glanced at him to see his expression and then. Boom! There it goes. He removed his hand from my grasp and crossed his arm.

“So you prefer that kind of Luhan?” He raised a brow. I just shrugged and looked at our side. My eyes twinkled.

“I don’t.” I smirked and got something immediately and placed it on his head. “That... I like.” I started laughing.

His eyes looked up and then he narrowed it at me. “You think this is funny?” I nodded and started laughing. “You’re so cute!” He glared at me and then in a glimpse of an eye, I felt something on my head. He started laughing.

“Now that’s funny.” He smirked. We were quiet for a moment coz’ we’re glaring at each other but we found ourselves laughing again.

Luhan’s phone rang. “Sehun?” I stopped laughing because I sensed that Luhan was serious. “He only calls when something is up.” He answered and I could see his expression changed. It was bright a few moments ago but now it turned serious. As soon as he hung up, I started to tense.

“What is it?”

“She’s here. Jiyoung.” He looked at me and then, I felt something twist on my stomach.

“Jiyoung.” I can still remember the way her eyes looked at me. She wanted to kill me so badly.

“Let’s leave.” He said and all I can do is agree with him.

 

While we were walking towards the meeting place, I heard a faint cry.

“Do you hear that?” I stopped walking and listened. He looked at me and turned his head at the right.  We nodded and treaded towards the source of the cry.

The moment we got there we saw a child crying. I remembered that it was like before but today was different since Luhan and I were together.

“Are you lost?” I asked her. She nodded her head. I stood up and turned to Luhan. “Let’s bring her to the Information Booth.” I hope Luhan understands how important this is. I crossed my fingers and wait for his answer.

He looked at me as if he knew what I was thinking. Then, he bent and looked at the girl. “We’re going to help you, okay?” He said and smiled at the girl. The girl who look liked she was examining Luhan’s character nodded. She raised her hand and Luhan gladly took it.

I let out a sigh of relief.

While we were walking, I noticed that the young girl kept on gazing at the huge bear that I have in my arms.

“It’s huge isn’t it?”  I asked her. She bit her lip and let her finger touch the bear. She giggled.

 

When we arrived at the Information Booth, we told the staffs the situation. “We’ll do our best.” They said and made calls.

The three of us were sitting outside.

“W-what’s her name?” The girl asked. I tilted my head and looked at Luhan who just shrugged.

A name. “Sophie. Her name is Sophie.” I said. “Do you like Sophie?”

She nodded happily. “Hello, Sophie. I’m Mica.” She shook her hand with Sophie. Then, she started playing with Sophie.

“Hana, we need to go.” Luhan’s tone was firm. He already decided.

Jiyoung. I gazed at Mica. “What about her? What if no one comes for her?” I asked. I didn’t want that to happen but no one knows,.. it might.

“Wait a second.” Luhan placed his hand in front and closed his eyes. He started to use his powers. He took a step back after he’s done. “They’ll come in a few minutes. Someone already informed her parents.”

I bit my lip and turned to Mica. “Mica...”

She looked up and gazed at me with her huge brown eyes.

“Your parents are coming.” I said to her and she beamed.

“Really?!  Thank you very much!” She hugged me and I gave a tight squeeze. I let her go and gave a small smile. “Why do you look like that?”

“I-It’s because Luhan and I need to leave you now.” I can’t hide my sad tone.

“You need to leave?” Her voice cracked. “Can’t you stay?”

Luhan, I can’t handle this. I looked at him. He sighed.

“I’m sorry but we need to go. Something important came up.” He patted the girl’s head. “Don’t worry we’ll leave Sophie to you.” He glanced at me and I nodded.

“Sophie.” She said and hugged the bear.

“Yes, Sophie... Now, before we leave, I want you to promise that you’ll take care of Sophie.” Luhan placed his pinky in front and gazed at Mica’s eyes. She nodded and pinky-swore. They smiled. Luhan hugged Mica and so did I.

“Take care of yourself.” I said to her and kissed her cheek. She kissed mine and we bid each other farewell.

 

“I hope her parents find her.” I muttered.

“I’m sure they will. Don’t worry.” Luhan said.

Suddenly, someone bumped into me. It really hurt. When I turned, I saw a woman covered with black clothing. “Sorry!” I told her as I continued my way.

(Let's imagine her hair is short and the background is the crowdy place in an amusement park)

Luhan uneasily took a glance of the woman and he knew right away who it was. “You shouldn’t have said that.”

I raised my brow. “Said what?”

“Nothing.” He held my hand and started to walk faster.

 

“Mommy! Daddy!” Mica hugged her parents and smiled.

“Mica! Where’d you run off to? I was so worried!” Her mother broke in tears.

“We tried to find you everywhere, little girl. Glad that someone reported you here.” Her father stood up and thanked the staffs.

“Mommy, I want you to meet someone.” Mica beamed and held her mother’s hand. “come on!” She giddily skipped towards that someone. “Mother I want you to meet-“ Her eyes widened. “Where’s Sophie?!” She looked at each side but found nothing. “Mommy, Sophie’s gone!”

“Sophie?” She looked at her daughter who was already crying. “Don’t tell me she’s like one of your stuff toys in the house.”

“Mommy! She’s not a stuff toy! Sophie’s a bear! Luhan and the pretty woman gave her to me! We need to find her mommy! Please!” Mica cried and it caught the attention of the passersby.

“Alright, let’s find another Sophie.” Her mother gave a knowing look to her father. “Can you describe Sophie?”  She asked Mica.

“She’s huge! Bigger than me. She’s pink!” She said in an exaggerating way. Her father revealed his phone and made a call.

“A huge pink bear please.”

 

Making her way towards the van, the woman who was clothed in black hugged the pink bear on one of her arms. She smirked. Her phone rang so she answered it.

“They already left.” She said and closed her phone. The back door opened and she entered.