CHAPTER 38.2

Two Moons: The Beginning

~CHAPTER 38~

"Birthday Part 2"

 

 

 “There’s nothing good to read here.” I flipped a page and closed the magazine. I placed it over the table and sighed. Daeji and I were at a salon. “Yash, Daeji-ah, why did you bring me to a salon?!” I my teeth. *I’m wasting money again over unnecessary things!*

“Just calm down, okay? Breathe in breathe out.” She did gestures while reading some magazine. I looked at the cover page.

“10 ways to understand Derp Men?” I shook my head. *I suddenly felt sorry for D.O.* “Poor guy, it’s not his fault for being derpy.”

It had been quiet for 5 minutes.

“So, are you feeling better now?” Daeji suddenly spoke.

“huh?”

“Yah, I brought you here to relax! So are you feeling better now?” She raised her eyebrows. She was getting her nails done.

*So, that’s why.* I looked at the mirror in front of me. I looked so gloom. “What do you think made Kris fall for that masked-face teacher?”

*Still feeling lonely, eh?* She sighed. “I don’t know. I’m not Kris.” Her shoulders lowered.

“He really loved his previous wife that much. Daeji, did you know that I always asked myself why it was not me who had his wife’s face? Though I know it’s pathetic.” I painfully smiled while looking at myself.

“Hey, don’t say that. You’re already beautiful the way you are now. It’s just him who was blind so stop getting head over heels.”

“The first time I met him, I thought he was the guy for me. Do you know what I mean?” I looked at her reflection.

She nodded.

“Then, I just realized that after the meeting that day, I became totally obsessed with his whereabouts. Now, when I knew that I had some sort of bond with him, I couldn’t help but think that it was fate that was playing with my heart. It keeps on getting painful each day.” *That is the truth.*

“Oh Hana...” *I’m sorry I couldn’t say anything about your situation but...* “Just be strong. I know it will work out. All of it will work out with you.” She gave a smile.

I just smiled at her.

After two hours of making our hair, nails and make up done, Daeji and I went to the changing room inside the salon. We changed into our gowns.

Daeji’s Gown  Hana’s Gown(one standing)

 

“Look at yourself! I wasn’t wrong with my choice! That dress made you more stunning!” Daeji covered in awe. I looked at myself in the mirror.

*Is that really me?* I touched my gown as I observed myself from head to toe. I smiled. “It’s like magic, Daeji.”

“You look beautiful, miss.” The make-up artist nodded while looking at me. I smiled at her.

Daeji and I jumped while holding each other’s hands. “Now, let’s just forget those lonely things and have fun, okay?” She beamed at me. I nodded.

*I want to be happy this day. Even if it’s just for today.*

After we paid the salon, we called for a taxi that was waiting outside the mall. Everyone was looking at the two of us. I always blushed for I felt embarrassed by how I looked.

“Daeji.” I awkwardly looked at her and reached for her gown.

“Yah.” She tapped my chin and lifted it up. “You’re a princess! And a princess should act like one!” She grinned. “Now, we’re both princesses. So let them be!” She dragged me towards the taxi.

It was already 3:25 when we arrived at the hotel entrance. The place was packed with people wearing gowns and suits. It was like a paradise of the elegants.

“I feel out of place somehow...” I gripped on my gown. It was quite long so I need to lift it a few inches. Then, she flicked my forehead. I winced in pain. “Oww!”

“Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.” She shook her head while crossing her arms. “Stop being inferior. It’s not good for yourself. You’re the most beautiful person here before me. So just chill out!” She patted my shoulders. “Don’t mind any of them. They’re incomparable to your beauty.” She smiled.

*Oh, Daeji.* “Sweet talker.” I grinned at her.

She rolled her eyes. “I’m telling the truth, you know.” She pouted.

I smiled at her. “Thanks for sharing your time with me. I really appreciate it.”

“Always. You can count me in.” She reached her hand out and I held it. Both of us walked together towards the entrance of the lobby.

“Oh my god.” Daeji stopped walking when we were inside. “I didn’t know that she could be like a tamed fox.”

“Who are you talking about?” I looked at her confused. I turned to towards the direction she was looking at. “Omo!” I saw Rian, Haesung and Yoonmi talking with each other. *They’re so gorgeous!*

 

 

Haesung’s Gown 

Rian’s Gown    

Yoonmi’s Gown

 

Haesung’s POV

I saw Hana and Daeji. I smiled and gestured to the other two. “Looks like they’re here.”

“Hmm?” Rian furrowed her eyebrows and turned. “Hana!” She smiled when she saw her.

*Rian changed a lot....* Yoonmi suddenly sighed. I noticed that she was looking at Rian running towards them. “It’s thanks to her, isn’t it?” Then, she looked at me. I didn’t understand what she was talking about but I still smiled at her.

 

Hana’s POV

The five of us started to exchange greetings.

“All of you are so amazing!” I clapped my hands while gazing at their attires. I was amazed on how they can look stunning, cool, beautiful and mature at the same time.

“Yah!” Daeji snapped me back to reality. I was fantasizing again. “Anyways, I didn’t know that you can put that smile on your face, vixen.” She raised her eyebrows.

*Oh now. Here they start again.* I mentally slapped my forehead.

Rian clucked her tongue. Her mood suddenly changed. “Yash... I can always put this smile but it’s only for those whom I like, mud.”

“Yash!” Both of them were glaring at each other.

“Hey, stop this nonsense now.” Haesung went in between. “Don’t ruin this day for all of us just because of your childish acts.”

Now, the two of them rolled their eyes and crossed their arms. “I was just telling the truth, though.” Both of them said in chorus. “Stop copying me!” “Yah!”

Again, Haesung snapped and they gasped. I think both of them were afraid of Haesung or------- they just respect her mature nature.

“You’re such a great help, Haesung.” I smiled at her. She nodded.

“You look like a princess, Hana.” She smiled warmly. I was flattered because it somehow felt sincere.

“Thanks.”

“Girls, I think something is going on there.” Yoonmi suddenly spoke while pointing at the crowd piling somewhere. “It looks like they saw someone...”

With a snap, the crowd was divided into two. It looked like someone will walk in between.

“Are there celebrities coming?” I asked.

“I don’t think so. It doesn’t look like it.” Daeji wrinkled her eyebrows.

Out of nowhere, figures from the left and right wing started walking in between the line of crowds. I gasped when I realized who they were. They were men in suits.

“Oppa! Oppa!” “My eyes!” “I love you!” Girls started squealing and the other men started covering their ears.

(Just imagine them weariing those suits. Baekhyun and Kris aren't present here.)

“Will you look at that? They looked like bachelors from an anime.” Daeji smirked at D.O. who was arranging his bow tie while looking charismatic. *I just died.* She was mentally drooling.

I tried to snap her back to reality but I failed. I decided to just give up so I turned to the others. “You too?!” I was shocked when I saw that Rian and Yoonmi’s eyes were sparkling.

Rian was looking at the lovely Suho while Yoonmi was looking at the fierce-eyed Sehun.

“Oh come on.” I flapped my hands to my gown. I suddenly felt alone. *Kris! Why the heck did you ask her for your date?!* I felt that the miserable feeling I had hours ago is sinking back in.

“Who are those men?” Haesung observed the other figures. “I only know Kai, Sehun, Luhan, D.O., Chanyeol-seongsaengnim and that guy who’s your friend, I think he’s name is Suho.”

“Huh?” I was curious as to what she was talking about. I turned my gaze to them. My eyes widened when I saw Tao, Xiumin and Chen walking behind Chanyeol. “What are they doing here?!”

Somehow, I suddenly felt a chill on my spine. I think the time suddenly slowed down. Tao was smirking at me and so did Xiumin and Chen who were arrogantly walking. Xiumin grinned and winked at me. *What the hell?!* Then, the time started to turn to normal again.

“Phew.” *I thought that I was going to be devoured that moment. What are they doing here?!* I was thinking too much when I remembered the scene a few days ago, in front of my apartment. *Yash! Why didn’t I realize it back then, that that see ya later means we’ll be seeing each other here in Jeju?!* I slouched and my mind was completely taken over by the fact of their presence.

“Hey.” Someone swung his arm around my neck.

“Kai!” I gasped. I thought it was them. *Thank god.* I noticed how Kai looked. He was stunning and y looking with that suit. “I never knew you’d be cool if you wear a suit.”

“Yash.” He grinned. “Yah, I’m cool to start with. By the way...” He smirked and released me. “You look beautiful. In fact, the most beautiful in the world.”

I gave him an “oh-really” look as I elbowed him. “Stop joking around, Kai. Most beautiful in the world?! You gotta be kidding me!”

“Yah! What did I say that’s not true?!” He massaged his stomach. I shook my head and decided to walk when I realized that everyone was heading inside the grand hall. “Hey, wait up!”

“Such a sweet-talker, like Daeji.” I frowned because I knew that that’s the truth.