CHAPTER 38.3

Two Moons: The Beginning

~CHAPTER 38~

"Birthday Part 3"

 

 

When I entered the grand hall, I was at awe. It was like the scenes in the music video of Taylor Swift “Love Story.” The place was packed with remarkable decorations. The tables were set on each side and each was covered with red silk. The utensils were shining silver. The glasses were well-polished. The chandeliers enlightened the whole hall. The flowers on each table and on the sides of the room were so fragrant that everyone can smell its freshness.

I was observing everything; every single detail. It was very beautiful. I walked down the red-carpeted stairs while sliding my hand on the shiny bar. As I looked down, I saw Kai grinning at me.

“What are you grinning for? Planning some mischief?” I raised my eyebrows. I stopped on the last step in front of him. He was looking straight in my eyes.

He let out a small laugh and grinned again. Then, he raised his left hand and nodded at me. “Come with me, Princess.”

I looked at his hand then back to his face. I slipped my hand into his and it felt warm. He held my hand and he placed it on his arm. Both of us laughed while walking together.

When we go to the center of the hall, he stopped walking. I looked at him. He was grinning again.

“Why are you grinning again? Will you stop that?” I frowned. He just smiled.

“I couldn’t help it. Since, this is a very special day...” He smirked. My eyes widened.

“Y-you know that it’s my-“ My ears hurt when there was a sudden feedback on the stage. My attention was then the stage.

“let’s find our seats.” Kai touched my hand and led me to the front. Out of the whole tables in the grand hall, Kai led me to the unique one. It was a large table with a shiny white cloth. It was very unique. The flowers at the center were also white but it had some touch of violet. It was pretty.

“Are you sure that we can sit here? I mean-“

“I’m sure that this is our seat. So just chill.” He patted my shoulders. Then, he reached out for a silver flowery chair and dragged it close to him. “Have a seat, my princess.” He smirked again.

I shook my head. “Whatever, Kai.” I smiled and sat. He sat beside me. “So, Kai. You did know that it was my-“ I was cut off again.

“Hello, Hana.” Suho-oppa was smiling at me.

“Suho-oppa!” I beamed. “Have a seat.” I looked at him and the ones behind him. It was the girls. Suho-oppa nodded but before he sat down, he first gave Rian a seat. D.O. was shaking his head when he saw this.

“Yah!” Daeji snapped at him. “Chair?” She placed her hands on her waist. D.O. suddenly stood up and gave her a seat. Daeji rolled her eyes and sat. Yoonmi was pouting until Haesung offered her a seat.

“Thanks, Haesungie.” Though she was waiting for a certain someone, someone who is not presently near, to offer her a seat, she tried to smile. Haesung just smiled and sat.

I was sitting beside Kai. He was sitting beside Suho-oppa. Then beside him is Rian, beside her is Yoonmi, beside her is Haesung, beside her is D.O. and beside him is Daeji. She was on my left side.

“Psstt.” I heard someone beside me. It was Daeji. She was asking for my attention. I drew closer and she did the same. She whispered. “Hey, don’t be lonely . THIS will be a grand day so just wait okay?”

I moved back and gave her a confused look. “I’m not lonely, Daeji-ah. And just wait? Wait for what?” She grinned and gave me thumbs up. “Huh?”

There was a sudden feedback again. I covered my ears as I looked at the stage. “Ahjussi?”

“Sorry about that...Good afternoon, everyone! In a few minutes, the dance ball is going to start!”

Everyone shouted their anticipation. Some whistled and some clapped their hands.

“So did everyone bring their lighters?” He placed his microphone in front.

“Neh!” Everyone shouted.

“Very good. We’ll use that in our closing ceremony.” He looked at our table as if he knew we were there. He winked at me and it gave me a shock.

“Ahjussi!” I accidentally stood up. He laughed and left the stage. I tilted my head and sat again. *Why did he wink at me?* I suddenly realized that I had a  lot of questions. The girls and Kai, Suho-oppa and D.O. were happily talking with each other. I just smiled at them but I felt uneasy. I turned behind my back and I saw, one table behind me, Chanyeol and the others. They were looking at me with smirk at their faces. I hurriedly turned to face the others. *Gosh, that’s creepy!* I shivered.

It was already four. Counting me out, everyone was excited. There was a sudden voice appearing on the stage. It was the secretary’s voice.

“Good afternoon, everyone. Our dance ball will now commence after the faculty introductions. May I request everyone to face the stairs?” Everyone did as she asked.

The lights were turned off and a spotlight was focused on the stairs.

*Faculty introductions?* I narrowed my eyes and observed the people by the top of the stairs.

“Presenting our  respected principal, Chairman Han Myungsoo!” Everyone applaused as he walked down the stairs. He waved his hands and gave everyone thumbs up. He did a “we rock” gesture. I laughed at his actions.

“Oh, Ahjussi.” I wiped the tear on my eye.

“We’re really buddies. You rock, Myungsoo!” Kai shouted while making a cupping  the sides of his mouth.

“Geez, Kai. Sit down. You’re being silly.” I dragged him down.

“Now, let’s proceed to the teachers faculty introductions. Presenting the physical education coach, Park Hyunsung with the science teacher, Kim Hwayoung.” Everyone applaused. Some were laughing at how the coach drag Teacher Kim. He wasn’t used to wearing a suit and tight pants. It was pretty obvious at his actions.

Teacher Kim, on the other hand, was still wearing her glasses. But despite of this, she looked really mature and y.

“Teacher Kim, we love you!” I can hear the boys shouting out their love for her.

Teacher Kim blushed and gripped the coach’s suit. He blushed when she did that. I think he wasn’t expecting that.

“Next, presenting the freshmen performing arts teacher, Park Chanyeol with his student, Song Miyoung.”

“Miyoung?!” Haesung snapped. “What is that girl doing there?”

Chanyeol and Miyoung were descending the stairs. Chanyeol was smirking at everyone. Miyoung was beautiful but she had that arrogant aura. I wondered how they ended up together.

“She shouldn’t have accompanied him. It’s dangerous for her.” Kai blurted out. I agreed with him.

The girls who have crushes on Chanyeol got crushed at the sight. *Poor girls.*

“Next,....blah blah....” There were quite a few teachers whom I didn’t know. I was waiting for someone so I didn’t pay attention to the others.

“Lastly, presenting the freshmen English teacher, Kris Wu, with the freshmen Arts teacher, Ms. Jung Elie.” I stood up. It was him. It was him with her.

They were walking like royalties. It was obvious in their attires. He was wearing a suit, a white suit. She was wearing a matching color. I was wearing the same color but why do I feel that they suited each other?

Teacher Jung’s Gownkris

 

 

“Now, since the faculty introductions ended, may I request everyone to stand up from their seats and proceed to the center floor. There are famous bands present at this moment, waiting for their turn to play their music for you!” Ahjussi shouted with excitement.

The girls were squealing. “Omigash! Bands?! As in boygroups?!” “I’m so excited! I hope it’s my favorite band.” They were too excited.

Rian and the others went ahead of me. Before Daeji went to the center floor, she whispered. “Hey, don’t let it bring you down. This is a special day for you. Have fun.” She smiled and patted my back.

“Thanks.” I was alone. Kai went somewhere. There was band playing on the stage. I wasn’t familiar with them but I somewhat liked their tune.

“Sorry, sorry, sorry..” These words kept playing on my head. It was their music. It was catchy. But the problem is, I’m quite not into bands. I turned and looked at the stage. There were guys dancing while holding a microphone. *Gosh, they’re handsome.* I stood up to come closer but my body suddenly want to sit down. “Nevermind.”

There were 7 bands who performed on the stage. The first band came back after the seventh.

“Hello, everyone. Are you having fun?!” He placed his mic in front of the students.

“Neh!” They screamed. “Oppa! Super Junior!” The girls screamed.

“Alright, alright.. It’s already 6 in the afternoon.” He was smiling and his dimple shows. “May I know if a girl named Park Hana is here?”

“Mwoh?” I spat out the water I just drank. I turned behind with my eyes widened. Everyone was making a ruckus of whoever that girl was. I was going to ignore it when Daeji called out for me.

“Hana! Hana! You there, come to the stage right away! Leeteuk-oppa is calling for you!”

*Daeji!* I gripped on my dress and stood up. When I turned around, I found that everyone was looking at me.

“Is that you Park Hana?” Leeteuk tried to look at me in the shadows.

“N-neh.” I stuttered. I slowly walked towards the stage. *Am I going to be pranked or humiliated or tortured?* I was pretty nervous. I looked at Daeji on the center floor and she doing this “fighting” gesture. I nodded.

I noticed that the guys on the stage were grinning at me and they had something behind their back. I arrived beside this Leeteuk-oppa.

He touched my shoulder and I slightly flinched. *Are we close? Are we close?* “Okay, so everyone might have questions about her standing on the stage. Neh?”

“Neh!” The girls shouted. They sounded agitated Miyoung was standing beside some guys while crossing her arms. “She really wants attention, huh?”

“So here it is.” Suddenly, there was a large boom on the stage and confetti was falling on my head. There was beautiful harmony being played in piano and some voices were singing. I was surprised so I covered my mouth. “Happy birthday to you~ Happy birthday to you~..” The guys were singing for me.

I noticed that everyone started singing and they had smiles on their faces. “Omo...Omo.” I was teary and emotional at that moment.

At a moment, there were voices louder than the guys facing me. I turned around and saw Ahjussi, Kai, D.O., Suho-oppa. “Omigash..” Kai was holding up a cake in front of me. It says, “Happy 17th birthday, Princess Hana.”

I had mixed feelings. I was happy, emotional and surprised at the same time. “H-How did you know?” I looked at them. Kai was smiling. I suddenly had a warm feeling.

“It’s a secret. Make a wish.” He moved the cake. It was like we were the only ones in the world.

I closed my eyes and made a wish inside my heart. *I wish that all of us stay together forever.* Then, I blew the candles.

“Happy birthday, Hana!” Ahjussi hugged me. I hugged him back.

“thanks, Ahjussi.” He was really like a father to me. “Is this your doing?” He released me and gave me a wink. “Ahjussi!” He smiled warmly at me.

“I have a present for you.” He gave me a small red box.

“Oh, Ahjussi. Thank you.” I accepted it. I looked at everyone. I was really happy at that moment. I bowed 90 degrees to give them my gratitude. Everyone applaused.

“Hana, before we go, we, the Super Junior, wants to give you this.” Leeteuk-oppa gestured to his bandmates. All of them gave me red roses. “Happy birthday!”

“Omo, thank you very much oppas..” With that, we left the stage. At least now, I knew what their name is. They left as soon they reach the backstage. It’s such a great time.

“Hana!” Daeji and the girls approach. Kai and the others were speaking with Ahjussi so I let them be.

“Hey.” I greeted them.

“Yah, what’s that “hey” all about? How can you not tell us that it was your birthday? I could have given you a gift!” Rian crossed her arms. Yoonmi just nodded with her.

“I’m sorry guys. I never thought that it was important to you.. Mian.” I felt sorry.

“Of course, it’s important to us! We’re your friends remember? You better not do that again!” Rian flicked my forehead. Daeji just laughed at her.

“Poor you, having no clue at all. Isn’t it a pity vixen?” Daeji shook her head. “I knew it all along. I also have given her my gift.” She smirked. Rian just rolled her eyes.

“Whatever, mud. That gift you’re talking about... I hope it’s not some local figurine you can find in cheap stores...” Rian looked at Daeji and she sounded intimidating.

“Whoa whoa! I never bought my gift on a cheap store! I bought it from the ocean park!” Daeji defended herself.

Rian’s eyes widened. “What the heck?! You really bought something like that?! What the?!” Rian fanned herself.

“Got a problem with that?” Daeji scrunched her nose. “I’m not as rich as you.” *In fact, I am living in a small house apartment with D.O.*

“Guys, guys... stop talking about these things, okay? It’s okay if you don’t have gifts... I don’t mind. What’s important for me is your presence.. Arasso?” I patted their backs.

Both of them looked at me and gave me a warm smile. “Owwiiieee... Not the materialistic type, eh?” They said in chorus.

“Huh?”

“Anyways, what’s left here is for us to celebrate, isn’t it?” Haesung commented. All of us nodded and smiled as we headed to the center floor. The music became appealing. It was Party Rock.

The five of us were dancing together. We looked weird dancing in our gowns. But it was fun. I never saw Daeji dance like this before. She was very amazing. And she just did a split.

“Whoa! Daebak!” I applaused. She bowed and continued dancing.

After a few moments, the music was turned off.

“Hey!” The students became furious. “What’s going on?!”

 -------------------