CHAPTER 3

Two Moons: The Beginning

~CHAPTER 3~

"My Home"

 

Crystal Woods Building Floor #23, Room #1057

 

Hana’s apartment is quite big. It has a two sofas (L position) and a dark blue carpet on the living room with an LCD television with two potted plants on each side. The floor is tiled. The room was colored white and the curtains were sky blue. A half-wall was separating the living room and the kitchen. And on the left of the kitchen is the bathroom. Her bedroom door is on the left side of the LCD tv.

She has been living here alone for two years now. She learned to be responsible at an early age, 6. That’s why her parents can leave her anytime. When she was 13 years old, her parents decided to move out. They put a large amount of money on her bank account but she never really bought anything unnecessary.

They never contacted her again but they continually put money on her account, until it was fully loaded. That’s why she has three bank accounts.

Hana’s bedroom has a big window style door leading to the medium balcony.

-----------------

I lied on the bed because I felt tired. “I wonder why I felt tired.”

I grabbed the picture frame of my family on the table and held it in midair. “Mom? Dad? Why do you need to leave me alone. I am still on my first year in highschool. I thought families are meant to be together at all times?” I shed a tear and placed the frame back to its original position.

I went for a cold fresh air outside my bedroom. I hang my arms on the bars and looked at the grey cloudy sky. “Winter is cold and so.....are my memories.” I looked at Seoul; every buildings, every trees and every “tiny” human beings.

“I am bored!” I hanged my head on the bars with my hands holding on it. “I wonder what he is doing right now. I hope I can see him again, soon.”

Ding-dong. I heard someone rang my doorbell. *I hope it's not the librarian..* I rubbed my arms. *She's really scary.*

I approached the door and peeped on the small hole. “Mr. Kang?” I opened the door.

“Good day, Hana.” He greeted me. I noticed that there was a handsome man behind him. He smiled at me but I felt something strange.

“Good day, Mr. Kang. What brings you here?” I was curious because he never visited me unless he had something important on his sleeves, maybe about my new neighbors-thing.

“I would like you to meet Kim Joonmyeon, your new neighbor.”

“Hello, I’m Joonmyun but you can call me Suho.” He offered a handshake. I accepted it.

“Hello, I’m Hana Park. You can call me Hana.”  When I hold his hands I felt something really strange.

“Ok, I’m going to leave the both of you.”  He turns around. “Hey, Suho remember that she’s only 16.” The mid-aged landlord manager left laughing.

“Haha, the manager’s quite funny.” He scratched his head and he looked cute.

“Would you like to come in for some... juice?” I shyly offered.

“It would be my honor.”

*Whoa, that’s the first time I heard that. I just heard that from the movies...* I blushed wondering if that guy really said those words to me.

 

 

Suho’s POV

I entered a differently-styled apartment. It was not girly and it was not manly either. I thought that I would see her parents when I came in. Hmm. The atmosphere here seemed so serene, cold yet peaceful.

Hana let me sit on the soft couch and after a few minutes, she gave me a juice and some snacks. She sat on the sofa near the big window door.

I curiously asked her, “You’re parents are at work?”

“Nope, I live alone. They don’t come here.” Hana acted cool but I knew she felt sad.

“I’m sorry.” I drank my juice and looked around. *She's only 16 and she lives alone?*

“Suho-oppa? Can I call you that? You know for formalities and such?” She asked me shyly while she was pointing her two forefingers together.

“Sure. You can treat me like your big brother since we’re going to be neighbors.” I smiled at the nice kid.

“I thought that two people are going to live there in your apartment.”

“Oh, yes, yes. My roommate is still busy with school documents and such. His name is Jong in but I call him Kkamjong. He will study in Seoul International School.” I introduced him without thinking. *Sorry Kkamjong.*

“Seoul International School?! Really, what grade?!” She looked happy. *And Kkamjong?*

“10th grade.” I looked at her expression maybe she studies there.

“Oh my gosh! I study there, too, and we’re on the same grade. I wish we become classmates!” She looked excited maybe because there is someone she can be with.

 

Suho-oppa and I talked to each other for quite a while. It ended in the afternoon. I had a lot of fun when I was with him but still, the strange feeling I get from him doesn’t disappear. *I wonder why?*

I began to write in my diary. I have started making one when mom and dad left me on this apartment alone. I want to show this to them when we meet again. 

"Dear Diary,

I met a new person today but it's not the guy I met before. His name was Kim Joonmyeon but he said I can call him Suho.

Suho-oppa is so nice! I had always wanted a brother like him. But what thrills me most is that I have a neighbor who will study in the same school I do. Gosh! First, the “perfect” guy; now, Suho-oppa; and next is Jong in(Kkamjong)! Ugh, they're very handsome! I will not doubt Jong in. 

Mom, Dad, you two are missing a lot of great things! You better come back to meet them... >_< "

I closed my diary and stretched my arms. I leaned my back on my chair. I gazed at my watch. "Ahh! It's only 7:00pm!" I forced myself to stand up and yawned. "I should cook dinner then."