CHAPTER 59

Two Moons: The Beginning

 

~CHAPTER 59~

 

 

I gained consciousness after two hours. It was Tuesday when I started attending the school. Daeji was furious after she heard what happened to me. She said she was going to get back to those thugs who dared to hurt me. But I said that it’s no use because Chanyeol brought them to the police. That’s what I thought.

 

Friday was the start of winter break so I decided to accompany Suho-oppa to Rian and Yoonmi’s house mansion. Kai, Daeji, D.O. and Luhan came with us.

Suho-oppa stood before the gate and tapped the doorbell. It rang a few times until a stormy sound was heard. “Who is it?” A woman asked.

“Good morning, ma’am. I’m Suho and I’m here to talk about Rian.” Suho stepped in front of the mini device.

“Ms. Rian is already in abroad.”

“I know but she’s not calling me so I’m worried.”

“You said you’re Suho?” The woman asked.

“Neh.” He replied with lots of hope.  The device was turned off and the gate opened.

“Cool~” Daeji’s eyes wandered around the place. She saw CCTV cameras around. “Hi tech~”

“First time?” Luhan mocked Kai who just gave him the ‘whatever’ look. He chuckled.

As soon as we stepped on the porch, the door opened and the maids welcomed us. “Welcome young masters.” They bowed and lead us to the living room. So this is how it felt to be called like royalties.

“What would you like to eat?” A maid with a black collar asked me but I just shook my head. “I’m okay, thanks.”

“I want donuts.” Daeji said and the maid nodded. D.O. shot her a look but she just shrugged.

“Orange juice for me, please.” Kai said as he looked at the maid. “Are you all wearing those things?” He pointed at the collar. The maid immediately nodded. She took her leave.

I watched Suho-oppa. He looked serious and worried at the same time. I sighed and turned my attention the maids. They were doing a good job. I tilted my head when I realized something. A mansion this big has no guards... That’s odd.

 

Footsteps descending on the stairs were heard. I looked to my side and saw a woman wearing a black uniform and two guards beside her. Ah, there they are. The woman who was in her mid-30s looked strict as she sat on one of the sofas. She crossed her legs and signaled the guards to leave her. She raised her brow and eyed each one of us. I gulped hard. She’s scary.

“I’m Choi Rima, the head maid of this household.” She introduced herself. We were going to introduce ourselves but she cut us off. “No need. I know who you are. Ms. Rian keeps your pictures in her album.”

“Pictures?” I asked. She just nodded. “It’s her hobby to take pictures of the people she meets without them knowing it.” She eyed the maid who was wiping the vases and shook her head.

Luhan caught her gazing at the maid and shaking her head. He was curious.

“Ms. Choi, why did Rian leave without bidding us goodbye?” Suho decided to speak up. “She was not like that.”

Unknowingly, a small smile was formed on her lips. But she returned to her strict self. “Master Suho... I believe your facts are wrong. Ms. Rian doesn’t care about other people. All that matters to her is Ms. Yoonmi and their parents.” Choi crossed her arms. I furrowed my brows. Something’s not right. “She was brought up that way.”

“I believe you are the one on the wrong side, Ms. Choi.” Suho defended in a firm tone. Kai, Luhan, Daeji, D.O. and I could feel the tension in the room. “Rian is a kind-hearted woman. She would not fake her friendship with us.”

Choi smirked. “I’m sure it’s friendship with them.” She turned to us then to Suho. “But I don’t think that word suits you, Master Suho. I believe you’re in a different level.” She commented making him bit his lip. “You might be right when you said she’s not that type of woman. You might be wrong. Only you...” She eyed us. “...know the truth.” She stood by the window and gazed outside.

“Why did she leave?” Suho asked.

“She didn’t leave on her own accord. She was forced to do so.”

“Why?” I stood up making them (except Choi) to look at me. “I can’t say.” She replied and gripped on the curtain. “It’s their business. I’m just a mere maid.”

Suho sighed. “Then perhaps you can tell us where they brought her and Yoonmi.” There was hope in his eyes. I knew he didn’t want to let her go.

“And what would you do if I tell you, Master Suho?” She turned and faced him. “You will bring her back? You think it’s that easy?” She shook her head.

“I would do anything for Rian.” He said gazing straight into her eyes. Daeji dropped the donut on her hands and got teary. She gripped on D.O’s arm. He just smiled and half-hugged her.

Choi let out a pathetic smile. “I’d rather fool you to go to her favorite place than tell you her location. My loyalty is to my master.” She said and started to walk towards the front door. “Now if you please... take your leave.” She opened the door. Suho didn’t want to go. He was in deep thought.

“Oppa, let’s go.” I told him and he looked at me and nodded. He was the last to step on the porch.

“Please wear your hats because the sun will be on its fullest.” Choi looked at Suho-oppa who just tilted his head. It was very cold that day and the sky was gray. There was no sun at all. Choi smiled a little. “My loyalty is to my master.” She repeated.

The moment we got out of the compound. Daeji kicked the wall. “Aish! That old woman got some guts to say that!” She kicked again. Fortunately, D.O. was there to stop her.

I turned my head and saw Suho-oppa walking towards the right. “Oppa! Where are you going?”

He looked at me and smiled weakly. “I just want to take a walk.”

The sound of his voice made me understand that he needed some  time alone. “Alright. I’ll wait for you in the house.” He nodded and left. When I turned, Kai and Luhan were already gone. “Eh?! Where did those two go?”

“They said they have some business they need to take care of.” D.O. said while holding Daeji’s hand. She was pissed off, too pissed off.

“Sigh. Then I guess we should leave too.”

 

While Hana and her companions went to Rian and Yoonmi’s house, Chanyeol, Kris and Lay were relaxing at a café. It was until Kris received a call from T. Jung.

“K-Kris!” She screamed on her phone. Kris was taken aback. She sounded scared. “I-I need y-you.” Her hands were trembling in fear. “T-There are men wearing black clothes outside my apartment... Help me!” She screamed when she heard them banging on the door. “Ahh!!” She screamed again. “W-Who are you?!” And then, he heard the sound of shattering glass. The phone was turned off.

He didn’t think for a second as he dashed out of the café where they were chilling off. “It might be them.” Their eyes widened. Lay volunteered to drive them towards her place using Kris’ directions.

As soon as they arrived in her place, they were already late. She was gone. They entered and saw broken things. Glasses were everywhere. Her coffee table was broken in half indicating that something hard fell on it. Kris saw blood on the floor and his expression hardened. “I couldn't believe they'll stoot this low.”

Chanyeol noticed a paper on the freezer. He blinked and called the two. “You might wanna read this.” Kris and Lay went beside him and read the note. “Bring the Maiden and she’ll be spared.”

Kris jaw hardened. He grabbed the paper and crumpled it with his fists. He threw it on the side and dashed out of her place. He flew towards somewhere. Lay reached for the paper and shook his head. “I didn’t expect this to happen.”

Chanyeol stood there. He was serious. They’re already making a move. It’s time.