CHAPTER 18

Two Moons: The Beginning

~CHAPTER 18~

"LOST"

 

Freshmen Performing Arts Classroom

The 6 students sat in a round manner. Kris was standing by the window. Chanyeol was at the middle explaining the competition.

 

“Okay. So do all of you understand?” He observed everyone. He sharply took a gaze at me.

“N-neh!” I shouted.

I noticed the other looking at me; Sehun, Luhan and Haesung. They looked annoyed-or so I thought 'am I that hard to be with?'. On the other hand, Kai and D.O. were laughing at my reaction. Chanyeol left the room.

We decided to use the time given to practice. Among all of the chosen freshmen, I felt that I was the lamest dancer. I was nervous when I saw how Haesung danced. She was fabulous. The arrogant aura with her was now gone.

I noticed that Kris was looking at her. He was smiling. *asdfghjk!* I was irritated. *Oh no, girl! This can’t be!*

I danced with my full strength. I want him to see me dance, too. *Hey, Kris! Look at me!*

I realized Kai and the others stopped.

Kai blurted a laugh while Sehun and Luhan raised an eyebrow.

D.O. exclaimed, “Yeah! That’s the spirit! Dance, Hana! Dance, Hana!”

My face turned red. I was embarrassed with my actions. I pouted when I looked at Kris. I decided to seat on the corner. I just watched them figure the steps.

My body felt heavy.

"Aish!...i need to exercise these days...” I said as I bury my face on my crossed arms.

Then at one moment I felt something cold touched my arm.  Kris was giving me a cold mineral water. I accepted and buried my face again.

*Wow..Kris...I didn't know you were this caring...and kind..and...nice*

I looked up with a smile on my face. I was going to thanks him for being nice to me but I reverted. I saw that he was giving everyone drinks. He gave them cold softdrinks while he gave me was a plain cold mineral water. *What the heck?!*

I was annoyed. I didn’t realize that my eyebrows were crashing each other.

“Yah, chill.” I realized Kai touched his cold softdrink to my forehead. I became calm. “What are you being mad for?”

“Huh?!” I shouted at him. I gasped and noticed Haesung was looking at me. “Um, nothing. It’s just-am- I need to go. I’ll practice tomorrow. See ya.”

I stood up and held my mineral water. "By the way, Kris!" He turned to me. "Catch!" I threw him the mineral water he gave me. I was mad. At him. Kris caught it but he slided back. 

"Whoa!" D.O. became derp again. Kris looked at the mineral bottle then he made an annoyed face.

*She didn't just used her powers at me.* Kris narrowed his eyes.

"Omo! Gotta go!" I ran outside. *I didn't mean to throw it hard at him.*

Suddenly, I felt tired again. I stopped by the corner and touched the wall. I fell on my knees.

“Ugh!!” My arm was hurting. I noticed that the wound is returning. “What the?!” It’s bleeding again. “I don’t understand. Lay already treated me, right?” I heard a giggling sound but when I turned..there was no one. I have no time for this... *Lay*

I dragged my heavy body to the infirmary. I was catching my breath. I hardly opened the door.

“La-Lay...” I fell. Lay turned around and saw me on the floor.

“Hana!” He rushed to me. “Your arm!”

 

He used his powers again to heal me. After that, he gave me a medicine and a drink.

“Why did my wound return?” I was confused.

“I-I don’t know myself.” He looked worried. “What did you do this afternoon?”

“I was dancing; practicing for the competition.” I took a sip.

“Then, you didn’t do anything else?” He looked at my eyes.

“Ye-yeah. That’s all I can remember.”

“Maybe it’s because of my powers. I think I’m getting rusty.” He slightly laughed.

“I don’t think so.” I don’t want him to feel bad.

“Then, I suggest that you take some rest. You shouldn’t tire yourself.” I nodded.

“Then does that mean I can’t participate in the competition?” I asked.

“Yeah. We need your wound to be healed completely.” I sighed and nodded. *I guess it's better this way.*

“Can you say this matter to Chanyeol and Kris? I don't want to come near Chanyeol. And Kris- I just don’t want to see him right now.” I furrowed my eyebrows.

“Okay.”

I stood up and bowed. I left the room.

 

Lay’s POV

“I don’t think it was because of my powers that the wound returned. I don’t recall any mistakes. But-in any case, why did it showed again?* I continued to ask myself.

I called Chanyeol and Kris and explained that she couldn’t participate on the competition.

Chanyeol was against it but he gave in when I glared at him. He just left. *I become really scary when I get mad. And I knew that very well.*

Kris sighed and almost left.

“Why doesn’t she want to see you?” I bothered to ask.

“Huh?...She doesn’t want to see me? Did she say that to you?” He asked.

“Yeah....so what happened?” I opened the cupboard.

“I don’t know." He looked confused. “Why? Is she mad?” He was clueless.

“Nah. You should go. It’s already 6. I’m going home.” He scratched his hair and took his leave.

“I don’t want to be involved in this lover’s quarrel.” I sighed and locked my door.

 

 

While I was walking towards home, I happened to bump to a small girl.

“Sorry.” I helped her to stand up.

"Mommy!" She started crying. *Oh no, I made her cry.*

“I’m really sorry I didn’t see you there.” I sat on my knees and patted her head.

“I-I’m lost. I need my mommy!” She cried louder.

“You’re lost?!” I stood up and looked at my surroundings. There were lots of people around this street. It was “sale day”.

“Hold my hand. I’m going to help you, ok?” I gave her a warm smile. She nodded.

 

It’s been an hour but I couldn’t find her mother.

“Do you want to eat something?” I asked. She just stayed quiet. I feel sympathy toward her. I calmly dragged her to an ice cream stand.

“One vanilla and one super chocoblast.” I ordered at the woman.

We sat by the pavement. I started my ice cream. “Hmmm!!”

She stared at me. “Don’t you like it?” I asked.

She shook her head and looked down. “I like it.”

I understood her feelings. When I was a child, I was also lost until someone found me and helped me out. That woman is very nice so i could never forget her.

 

>Flashback<

I was only 7 back then and I was with my parents on a busy street like this. Suddenly, I got taken aback by a huge crowd. Everything was fast and I just found myself standing nowhere. I turned and turned but I didn't see my parents.

"Hey. Are you lost?" A woman with purple crystal necklace asked me. I just nodded. "Hold my hand. I'm going to help you." She smiled warmly at me.

After a few minutes, she and I became tired so we sat on a bench. We were staring at the people hoping to see my parents.

"You know, I have a daughter like you. I think she's of the same age." I looked at her. "She's really nice and kind. I love her warm smiles."

"What is her name?" I asked her. She smiled at me. Then suddenly, I heard a voice.

"Hana!" It was mom's.

"Mom!" She hugged me real tight. 

"Where did you go? Don't you know you got me worried." She hugged me tight. "Next time, never ever let go of my hand, okay?" She released me and I nodded. Dad just stood there and smiling at me.

"By the way, mom and dad, I want you to meet-" I turned but the woman was not there anymore. *Eh?*

"Who?" They asked. I looked at them and shook my head. I remembered her face; even her rock n' roll clothing.

>end<

 

I sighed. *I hope I can see her again someday.*

“Hey.” Suddenly, a man was standing in front of us.

“Eh?” *What is he doing here?*

He glanced at me at a moment then he started to ignore me again.

“Are you okay? You look sad.” He bended his knees then patted her head.

“My mommy... I can’t find my mommy.” Tears started flowing again from her eyes.

He stood up. “Don’t worry.” He walked away.

“What’s up with him?” I crossed my arms.

 

Luhan’s POV

I was with the others in a busy street. We were hanging out. Until, I felt a presence nearby.

*Oh no, I made her cry.* I was right. It was her. But what is happening.

“I-I’m lost.” I heard the girl.

I was observing them for a while. Until, I decided to help “her....the little kid.”

I approached her and asked what’s wrong. I left the moment I asked.

I stood in the middle of the crowd. Everyone was passing by. I focused on a single thought that differs from everyone.

*My daughter, I’m worried. She’s been lost for an hour! What if something happened to her?!* Ah, there it is. I smirked when I found her mother.

I headed toward her direction. “Ma’am, is your daughter lost?”

She gave me a worried look. “Did you happen to see her?”

I smiled and nodded. I lead the way until we came by the pavement where they were eating ice cream.

“Mommy!” She cried and hugged her mother. 

“Chaeri, don’t you go off like that on your own okay?! Mommy is really worried about you..” She hugged her tight.

 

“Thank you for helping us, both.” They bowed to Luhan and I. Both of us smiled. Chaeri and her mother went home.

I was looking at their way when I happened to glance at Luhan. He was warmly smiling at them. Luhan glanced at me and I looked at his eyes.

“So-sorry.” I turned away. I slightly turned my head to see his reaction. He was looking the other way.

“I-I” I was going to thank him for the help he gave but he walked away. I slouched. “Great.” *If he can just forget that Maiden-thingy and be friends with me....just great.*

I decided to go home. It's been a long day.                   

 

Luhan’s POV

I left her when I felt Chanyeol and the others were searching for me.

“Hyung!” I heard Sehun’s voice. “Where’d you run off to?”

I smiled. “I-I was buying icecream.”

“Icecream? Really? Then, where is it?” He narrowed his eyes.

“I ate it, silly.” I blurted out a laugh.

“It’s noisy here. I can’t stand this place.” Chen muttered. “Let’s go.”

I walked behind the guys and I took a glance at her position but she was not there anymore. *Lost a chance.*