CHAPTER 34

Two Moons: The Beginning

 

~CHAPTER 34~

"Love life"

 

 

The bus was already running.

“I knew it! Yah, Daeji, get me out of here!” D.O. was tied on top of the bus. He was sitting beside the big advertisement board saying “I love Jeju!” His thighs were tied and his left arm was gripping on a rope. His right hand was free for a certain purpose. “Yah, Daeji!”

Daeji laughed and she slipped her head outside the window. “Isn’t this what you want?! Now, say I LOVE JEJU!” She laughed with Kai who was sitting behind her and they high-fived each other.

The bus happened to pass by the pedestrian lane and it was the time where people go home.

“Omo! Look at that weird guy!” A girl pointed at him while talking to her friends. D.O. heard them and then he thought deeply. He snapped his right hand.

*Fighting D.O. I’m the strongest guardian after all!* Out of nowhere, he waved his hand towards the advertisement and started smiling to the people walking. He waved as if he was in a beauty pageant. He constantly nods his head.

“He’s so cute!” “Aigoo!!” “Nah, I think he’s weird.” “Yah! Can’t you see those eyes and that smile! It’s melting me!” Girls squealed while shaking their friends.

“Bye!” D.O. waved his hands and made a big half heart. The bus went away.

*Phew. Next time, I’ll ask Kai to teleport me.* He sighed.

“Hey, what’s happening over there?!” Daeji slipped her head again while she refrain her hair from flying.

“Don’t talk to me! Yash, this is humiliating!” D.O. covered his face with his hand. “You’re never going to come home again.” He spoke in a serious tone. Daeji suddenly felt the chills. She gulped hard. She went back to her seat and she was pale.

“Hey, what’s the matter?” Haesung asked her. Daeji stiffly turned to her. “god, you’re pale!” Haesung gasped.

Daeji frowned. *I shouldn’t have done this in the first place. Now, he’s super mad.*

Haesung shook her head. *Kids... Why are they acting like kids? They’re already in high school for maturity’s sake.* “Yah, stop acting like a kid.” But Daeji continually sobbed silently.

Meanwhile, D.O. was still thinking of a way to get out of the place.

“D.O. are you okay up there?” I shouted while slightly slipping my head outside the window.

“At last, someone cared about me!” D.O. tried to look down. “I’m not okay, princess! Please help me.” He whined while trying to move.

“Yah! Don’t carelessly lean like that you might fa-“ I gasped when I heard a loud snap.

“Omo!” D.O. screamed because the rope just got cut. He fell back and rolled on the ground.

“D.O!” I shouted. The bus stopped and all of us went out.

“D.O!” I can hear Daeji screaming. She ran fast as she could. “Don’t die!”

----------------

I ran towards him and the rest followed. I saw a large dent on the road. It was as if a meteorite fell and crashed on the surface.

“Whoa!” The class voiced in awe. They pointed at D.O. who was scratching his head as if he just bumped onto something.

“Oww, that hurts..” D.O. tried to stand up. Daeji was already there and she helped him.

“Mianhe... I wasn’t thinking when I did that.”  Daeji looked worried.

Daeji held his arm and he stood up.

D.O. smirked secretly. *Payback..* He shoved her away and he acted mad. “Don’t touch me. You’re never going home again.” D.O. started to walk towards the bus. Everyone was staring at him. Daeji was stoned on her position.

*He really meant it?* She gulped hard.

“Is he okay?” “He just fell, right?!” They started talking about weird stuffs.

D.O. passed by Kai. He placed his arm on his shoulder and continued walking.

“Hyung, why did you have to act like that?” Kai looked at him.

D.O. grinned. “I just found it... amusing.” Kai shook his head.

“You’re mean.” Kai hang his arm on his shoulder, too.

“Well, you’re meaner...” Both of them laughed.

Everyone went back to the bus. Daeji was still on that position. I ran to her but she was looking down.

“I-I went overboard.” She started to cry.

*Oh no, she’s crying.* “Hey, don’t take it seriously, D.O. is not normal okay? I’m sure he’s just fooling around.” I cupped her face and wiped her tears. “Don’t blame yourself.”

“But, he got mad.” She looked at me in the eyes. Her lips were shaking. “He said I couldn’t come home again.”

*You don’t want to displease him that much? You really love him, don’t you?* “Come on, it’s okay.” I hugged her and rubbed her back. “Let’s go, the bus is waiting.” I held her arms and smiled at her. We walked back to the bus.

When we came in, the students were looking at her. Some started whispering. I saw D.O. sitting beside Kai at the back part. He had his arms crossed and his hoodie hid his face. Kai shook his head.

Daeji looked down.

“Let’s sit over there.” I pointed to the sit two rows away from them. It was behind Suho-oppa’s and Rian’s sit.

“Hey, don’t worry, D.O. is only acting... I’m sure of it.” Suho turned and leaned on the seat. Daeji slowly nodded but she had that lonely look on her face. It was million times different when I saw her fighting.

Suho sighed and went back to his position.

“How did you know D.O.?” Rian asked him. Suho gasped.

“H-He’s a past friend of mine.. You know, the days..” He stuttered and awkwardly smiled. *Why can’t I stop stuttering when lying to her?!*

“Hmm, okay then?” Rian leaned on her seat and looked outside. *I think he’s hiding something from me.*

The bus came to the Jeju Ocean Park. It was huge and there were people entering the place. The first bus was already there. That’s where half of the students and teachers rode. Suho and Rian went ahead of us. Haesung followed. The students started to leave the bus. D.O. and Kai stood up and they passed our seats.

“D.O..” I called for him. He stopped and turned. Kai did the same. Daeji looked at him with lonely eyes.

*Yash, why is she looking at me like that?!* D.O. gasped and stepped back. He covered his mouth and nose then he gave an “oh-no” face. He turned and walked away.

“What the heck is he thinking, Kai?!” I shouted at him. Kai jumped. “Is he planning on ignoring Daeji?!” I made fists and started to crash each other.

“Y-Y-Yah.. He is only acting, y-you know?” Kai stuttered. It was the first time he saw me like this. I was like a person ready to punch someone HARD. *I should never mess with her.*

“It’s okay.. I know he’s only acting... I’m just hurt that he can... resist and ignore me like this.” Daeji sighed and stood up. “I should not ruin this trip, so let’s go.” She went ahead first.

Kai and I were the only ones on the bus.

“Yash! You better tell him to never show his face to me unless he make up with her. Okay?!” I pointed my fist at him. Kai stepped back while looking at it.

“O-Okay.” He ran fast.

“Geez..” I blew my bangs. “What a scardy cat.” I shook my head and laughed in victory.  I was still inside the bus when I saw Kris and T. Jung passed by. I saw them from the windows. T. Jung has that smile on her face. Kris was smiling back and walks beside her.

“You blind arrogant old man...” I shook my head. “...I hate you for being like that.” I felt pain in my heart. I remembered that it was just moments ago when he acted so nice and caring for me. *A fantasy... just a pathetic fantasy, Hana.*

“What’s up with lovelife nowadays?” I shook my head and started to walk out.