CHAPTER 20

Two Moons: The Beginning

~CHAPTER 20~

"Cake Day"

 

After lunch, Daeji texted me to come to the teacher’s lounge because our new adviser came. The teacher before wasn’t our adviser but a substitute teacher. Daeji suddenly had an important appointment to go to so she asked me.

 

Teacher’s lounge

I knocked on the door.

“Come in.” I opened the door and I saw the teacher’s office. There were too many papers and books and their places were divided. On one side, I saw the principal sitting on a long couch. There was a female teacher sitting in front of him. Luckily, Kris was nowhere in sight or else I'll feel awkward.

“Oh, Hana!” The principal waved at me.

“neh.” I walked towards him.

“This is your new adviser, Ms. Jung Elie.” She smiled at me. *She’s beautiful.*

“Ms. Jung, this is Park Hana. She will be one of your students.” The principal smiled at me. Teacher Jung stood up and offered a handshake. I warmly accepted and bowed. “Hana, can you please tour her around?” He made an aegyo. *Ewww!! What an epic fail!*

“Uh,y-yeah...” I slightly shivered. Teacher Jung giggled.

I toured Teacher Jung throughout the academy. Everyone were staring at her, even she caught the eyes of the guys. We went to the library, cafeteria, then the gym, the swimming pool, the field, the garden etc. And lastly, we stopped by her advisory class. Everyone stopped doing their business when I entered with T. Jung.

Omo! She’s so beautiful!” “She’s also hot!” T. Jung giggled with a soft voice.

“Everyone! Listen up! I want you all to meet our new adviser, Teacher Jung Elie.” I presented her.

“Omo! She is our adviser?!” “Yaha!!” “We’ve got a hot adviser!”

Rian rolled her eyes while Yoonmi was retouching her face. Daeji was nowhere in sight and so were Kai, Luhan and Sehun.

“Nice to meet you all! I hope you guys take care of me!” She smiled and bowed.

“Whoa!” Almost every guy admired her beauty. *I wonder if Kris would like her, too.*

Teacher Jung observed our class for the whole afternoon. Meanwhile, I was reading a novel about some unrequited love. *Pssshh, boring.* But I continued reading until I got really bored. I stopped when its 3pm.

“I think I should buy the ingredients.” I approached Rian. She looked up at me.

“What?” She gave me a cold shoulder.

“I am going to buy the ingredients-” I pointed my fingers together.

“And? You want us to come with you?” She raised an eyebrow.

“A-Ani. I was going to say if it’s alright for the three of you to go to my home first. SINCE, I thought that you wouldn’t want your heels to lose its quality.” I awkwardly smiled.

Rian rolled her eyes. “You’ve got some point there. Give me your address.” She handed me her phone then I typed my address.

“Here.” Then, she shooed me. Then, I approached Jiyoung and told her the plan.

“I’ll be going!” I waved to the class.

“Yoonmi, we should get going, too.” Rian reached for her bag. “And please call the quiet girl.”

“Jiyoung? You really plan on doing this with her?” She placed her hands on her waist. “I know you hate hanging out with people like her.”

“Ugh, just do what I say.” Rian went out.

“Whatever.” Yoonmi snapped and nodded to Jiyoung. “Let’s go.”

 

I was walking on the hallway when I remembered that I forgot something or someone. *Gah! I forgot Kai.* I ran towards the practice room.

“Kai!” I opened the door but he was not there. There was only Chanyeol.

“Oh, what are you doing here, Hana?” He grinned while his arms were crossed.

I felt my knees becoming numb. “I was looking f-for Kai.” I began to stutter.

“Kai, you say? Hmm, let me think..” His right index finger tapped his temple. “How about, why don’t you come in here for a second?” He grinned.

I stepped back. “A-Ani, I better find him myself.” I ran away. *Why am I always like this when it comes to him?! I hate this!*

“Silly girl, you will never survive if you have fear in that pathetic heart of yours.” Chanyeol closed the door while she was disappearing from his sight.

“Where would you be?” I ran by the intersection of four hallways when I happened to see Kris happily talking with Teacher Jung. *Eh?* But I didn’t stop from running *It must be my imagination, Kris would never smile like that with a girl or anybody.*

I shook my head and stopped running. I was on my way to the gym. *My foot lead me here. There’s no harm in trying.* I entered the place. *Kai.*

He was on the stage with the other chosen students. They were practicing their dance. I watched him for a moment. “He’s really good.” *Who would have thought that an old guy like him can make moves like that?*

The music stopped. He was sweating all over. I noticed there was a new girl on the group. *Ah, she must be the one who filled in for me.*

She approached Kai and handed him a drink. Kai smiled at her and accepted it. *That’s what I call a real man.* At the ground floor, I could see Haesung wiping herself with her towel. I saw Luhan and Sehun on the edge of the stage. They were alone. They were talking about something when Luhan glanced at me.

*Omo, he saw me.* “Hana!” D.O called me on the stage. I gazed at the stage and found Kai running towards me. I saw the girl narrowing her eyes

“Hana! What are you doing here?” He held my arms.

“Huh? Oh” I smiled at him. “I just came by to say I’m going home first. I mean, that is-“

“Oh, men... I really thought I could go home with you. Our practice will end at 5.” He lowered his shoulders.

“I’m sorry. I need to do something important so I can’t wait for you” I held his hands. “But, I promise that you can taste the cake that I made.” I grinned at him.

“Really? And when is that?” He poked my stomach and my side. I giggled.

“S-stop it. How about the first batch tonight?” He stopped but I was still laughing. We pinky sweared.

“I better get going.” I waved at him and D.O. “Bye, D.O!

“Bye!” He shouted. I left the gym.

“Who is she?” The girl who gave Kai a drink approached Haesung

“She’s Hana. The one you substituted for.” Haesung smirked at her. *I know you’re not a nice girl, Miyoung.*

*Did she just call me substitute?!* “Oh, then what is her relationship with Kai?” Miyoung narrowed her eyes as she gripped her bottle.

Haesung stopped wiping herself. “Will you just mind your own business?” She headed to the stage.

*How dare you say that to me, you arrogant-queen?!* Miyoung gripped her bottle hard that it deflated and water spilled on her. “Aish!”

D.O’s eyes widened than usual. Luhan and Sehun laughed at her. Kai approached her. “What happened?”

Miyoung turned red from embarrassment while looking at Haesung who was smirking at her. *I’ll get you for this.*

 

Rian, Yoonmi and Jiyoung were facing the door of Hana.

“She’s not here yet?!” Yoonmi placed her hands on her waist.

“It seems like it.” Rian looked at her phone. *We’re on the right address.* “Hey, you quiet girl, do you have her number?”

She shrugged then looked down. “A-Ani.”

Rian and Yoonmi rolled their eyes.

They waited for 5 minutes and Hana was still nowhere.

“Aish!” Yoonmi sat on her legs then messed her hair. “My feet are aching!”

“Stop complaining.” Rian turned around and saw a guy facing her.

Rian’s eyes widened as she looked at the guy’s face. *Whoa, he’s so good-looking.* She blushed.

“Are you Hana’s classmates?” Suho tilted his head.

Yoonmi hang open. Jiyoung’s glasses shone. Rian smirked then nodded.

 

I was already on the counter ready to pay for the ingredients when something fell of my wallet. I furrowed my eyebrows then tilted my head as I reached for the object.

“Didn’t I give this to Ri-?” My house cardkey was on the palm of my hands. “Didn’t I?” I tried to remember. After a few seconds, my eyes widened. *Omo! Rian’s gonna kill me!*

After I paid for the price, I hurried to the comfort room with my grocery bags.

*Now, let’s make this power really useful.* I stood up inside the cubicle and teleported myself to my bedroom.

I carefully landed the bags on the kitchen table. Then, I hurriedly opened the door.

“Eh?” I glanced at the sides of the hallway. “Where are they?...Omo, don’t tell me they got tired then just left?” I sat on my legs then messed my hair.

“I better ask Suho-oppa if he saw my classmates..” I closed my door and rang Suho-oppa’s doorbell.

 

Ding dong ding dong

Suho-oppa opened the door and smiled. “Hana!”

“Suho-oppa, I was wondering if you have seen my classmates..” I tapped my fingers together. Then I heard girls’ laughter behind him. “Aren’t they-?”

“Oh, she’s here!” Rian was smiling brightly. She headed to the door and stood beside Suho-oppa. “Why didn’t you left the key to us?” She raised her eyebrows.

“Um, I-I for-“ *Here comes the ice queen...* I was ready to get slapped.

“Just kidding! When do we start?” She beamed at me. *What the?!*

“Huh?” *Why is she acting nice all of the sudden?* Then, I saw her hold Suho-oppa’s arm.

“Aren’t you going to invite him as well?” She blinked and smiled again. *Ooooh, that’s why..*

 

Inside my apartment, in the kitchen...

Jiyoung was beside me mixing the beating the eggs while I was instructing Yoonmi to put the other dry ingredients in the mixer.

“Ewww!!!” Yoonmi brushed the flour on her hair. “Get it off me!” She complained.

“Geez, it’s not going to bite you or anything... Just relax; you always gets dirty when you cook.” I helped her brush it off. “You’ve never done this before, don’t you?”

Yoonmi rolled her eyes. “Whatever, baking cakes is not my thing.” She rolled her eyes.

“Then, why did you join?” I became curious. Yoonmi nodded towards Rian who was slicing the strawberries with Suho. "It's because my friend is here."

*Friend. I bet they're really close.* Rian tried to feed Suho-oppa with a strawberry. He ate it and smiled. “She likes him...”

“Yeah, she got this thing with guys wearing neat clothes.” Yoonmi shook her head.

“Then what is your type?” I leaned my arms on the table.

“My type? Of course, I like the ones who look fierce and quiet but have a gentle feeling. You know, like Sehun.” She blushed. *Whoa, this was the first time she made a warm face like that. And did she just say he has a gentle feeling?!*

“You like Sehun?” *I wonder if you would still like him if you knew how old he was.* She nodded.

“How about you, Jiyoung? What type of guys do you like?” I turned to face her. She was beating the egg fast. “Whoa, you’re great at beating eggs!”

“I like guys who are nice, cute and honest.” I felt a sudden chill with her tone.

“That’s nice.” *I wonder if she knew someone like that.” I smiled at her.

“How about you, Hana? What type of guy do you like?” Jiyoung continuously beat the eggs.

“Let me see..” I pointed my index finger at my chin then looked up. *I remembered him.* “I like a guy who looks sophisticated, cool, tall, um, what else? I also like a guy who likes to protect the ones he loves; a guy despite his cool image has a stubborn and naïve side and also a nice and a warm side.” I paused for a moment. “I also like a guy who is older than me.” I couldn’t help but smile.

Jiyoung stopped beating the eggs and stared at Hana. Her eyes weren’t seen because of the bright reflection on her glasses.

“Aren’t I too demanding?” I blurted out a laugh. I faced her while I was making circles with my finger on the table.

She stayed quiet. I noticed the eggs were done. “Alright! You’re finished with that. Let’s make the cake.” I started mixing all the ingredients and made the cake batter. After that, I placed the batter on the oven.

Rian decorated the cake after I covered it with white icing. She made a heart out of strawberry syrup. Then, she placed the strawberries inside the heart shape.

“Done!” She exclaimed.

“Whoa!” I clapped my hands in amazement. “You made the cake look beautiful!” I think my eyes shone because of her master piece. She smirked. I carefully placed the cake on the ref.

“Just seeing that cake makes my stomach grumble.” Suho rubbed his stomach.

“Really?! You really want to taste the cake I made?” Rian over-exaggerated. *Yah! You didn’t make the cake. You just designed it.*

Suho smiled then nodded. “I would be delighted."

After a few moments of waiting, we sliced the cake and we started eating eat.

Rian fed Suho a spoonful. “Oppa, you have icing on that part.” She pointed at the side of his lips.

“Huh?” He was chewing the cake. Rian smiled then wiped the icing off.

“There.” Suho smiled at her. *I guess Suho-oppa is fond of her. I hope he finds another girl who will make his heart beat the second time around.*

“Yum!” I cried as I took a bite of the cake.

 

It was 8:00pm when the girls went home. Suho-oppa and I sent them to the bus stop.

“Bye, oppa!” Rian waved at him. *Whoa, she really looks nice when she smiles like that.* Suho-oppa waved back. “Bye, Rian!”

The bus left. Suho-oppa and I were left alone on the street. We walked back.

“Do you like Rian, Suho-oppa?” I slightly tilted my head.

“Hmm? Yes, I like her. She’s really nice.” He smiled. “I’m glad you made friends on your school.” *Friends. I hope I did.* I smiled.

“Suho-oppa..” I raised my eyebrows. “what I mean is do you like like her?”

He stopped then tilted his head. “As in like like?

I cheerfully nodded. “So?”

Suho-oppa sighed. “I don’t know. This was the first time I met her.” *Sigh.* “But, I found her amusing.” I beamed with a smile.

“Really?! That’s great!” *Points for you, Rian!* I gasped when I realized. *Wait, what if she acts mean to me again tomorrow?* I held my head. “Omo...”

“Why, what is it?” He approached me.

“N-Nothing.” *Geez, I just hoped she would be nice and never change again.* I walked ahead. “Let’s go!”

Suho tilted his head. “I think there’s something wrong.” He started walking beside Hana.

When we returned to the apartment, I gave Suho-oppa the remaining two pieces of cake. I asked him to give it to Kai and Kris, as promised.