CHAPTER 24

Two Moons: The Beginning

~CHAPTER 24~

"I'm sorry"

 

Suho-oppa stopped on patting my back.He hurriedly released me and held my shoulders. He gazed at my eyes. "You didn't know?"

I gave him a "what-did-you-just-say" look. 

"Oh no. Kris-hyung's going to kill me." He grabbed his hair and squatted.

*Jung-songsaengnim is Kris' wife?!* I felt a big meteor hit my heart and totally destroyed it. "Suho-oppa, what do you mean when you said that?" I asked him seriously.

He looked up at me and gave me a "I-have-no-other-choice" look.

 

>Flashback<

It was two days ago when it happened.

I was reading a book in the living room when Kris opened the door. He had a big smile on his face. I was stoned so I couldn't move. *He's smiling brightly. It hurts my eyes!* 

He was going to the bedroom when he stopped by my couch. "Yah!" 

I gasped. "Are you Kris?"

His face showed annoyance so I gulped. He whacked my head. "Oww! Why did you do that for?! And why are you smiling brightly a while ago?" I rubbed my head.

He sighed and sat beside me. He hang his arms on the back of the couch. Then he turned to face me. "I met someone special today." He smiled.

-

*Did he just said special?* I twitched when Suho-oppa told me that. My heart was being torn into bits.

"Hana, do you want me to continue?" He asked me after patting my shoulder.

I nodded. 

-

"Who's this special someone?" I began to grow curious.

He smiled again. *It gives me the creeps.* "I saw my wife."

"Mwoh?! But isn't your wife dead thousand years ago?!" My eyes widened. I never met his wife. 

He shot me a glare. "...She is. But I think she was reincarnated." He stood up.

"But there's no such thing as reincar-" He shot me a glare again. I gulped hard.

>end<

 

 

"I didn't know that he was that overprotective with his wife." I crossed my arms over my legs and placed my chin on it.

"Me either. Among all of us guardians, Chanyeol knew him best." Suho sighed.

"Really?! Then, they are best friends?" I felt depressed. I just realized that I was the reason their friendship was broken. Well, that's not the only reason. 

"What are you going to do now?" He looked at me. 

"Hmm?" I felt weak. "Sigh. I don't know." *Whenever I see Jung-songsaengnim, I always thought of how small  and incompetent I was.* I just sighed. "I didn't understand the true meaning of "losing" until now. I felt like I have lost the game without having a chance to fight."

"Ow. Don't say that." Suho-oppa embraced me. "I'll still be rooting for you." 

"Thank you." I hugged him back. I shed a tear. *It's so unfair.*

"Excuse me. Are you alright?" Suho-oppa released me. I looked behind him and I saw Rian standing up.

"Rian." I painfully smiled.

"What's the matter?" She approached me and sat beside Suho-oppa. I shook my head and stood up. I smiled at them.

"I'll be ok. I just need to get some fresh air." I intentionally left the two of them alone.

 

"Did someone hurt her?" Rian asked Suho and he nodded. "Who is he? Tell me." She stood up but Suho reached for her hand. 

Rian was surprised. She looked at Suho. 

"They should fix it themselves." 

Rian sat after hearing Suho's words. Both of them looked at the moon showing after being covered by the clouds. They sat silently all while. To others it might look awkward but for Rian it was a moment to remember.

 

I went back inside and I found the students sleeping. I walked silently and I happened to pass Daeji and D.O. They were sleeping together while holding hands. *So sweet.* Daeji's head was resting on D.O.'s shoulder while his head was resting on her head. I just sighed. I suddenly remembered Kai.

"Kai?" I looked everywhere but I didn't see him. *Don't tell me he had gotten sick and teleported away.* I started to search for him. I already went to the restroom, deck, etc but he was nowhere. I didn't enter the VIP room because that was the place where the teachers were resting. Chanyeol was surely there.

"Where could he be?" I decided to look for him in the upper deck. I walked through the staircase and saw the night sky ahead. When I got there, my eyes widened.

Kris was on the floor and his mouth was bleeding. Kai was standing there and his fist was white. *Omo, did Kai punch him?!* I slowly walked up. They were looking at me with the shock Teacher Jung.

"Hana..." Kai softly said my name. I noticed he released his fist. I walked towards him and then glanced at Kris. He looked away.

"W-what happened here?" I was trembling when I asked them. Kai looked away.

"Kai j-just punched Kris on the face! He dared to punch a teacher!" Jung-songsaengnim was shocked for Kai's behavior. "I need to report him." She helped Kris to stand up. I felt a pang on my heart when he reached for her hand. I turned away. 

"Wait, Jung-songsaengnim. Kai wouldn't punch anyone without a firm reason, right?" I looked at his face. Kai couldn't look at my eyes. "What happened Kai?" *I know you respect Kris so much and you wouldn't dare hurt him.*

“It was my fault so don’t report him.” Kris started to walk away. T. Jung followed him.

When I looked at their backs, I suddenly had the urge to stop them. I gathered my courage and ran towards Kris. I held his arm and he stopped.

“Kris.” He turned to me and gave me the look when we first met.

“Let go.”

“Kris...” I tightened my grip. Suddenly, a hand shoved me away from him. It was T. Jung’s.

“Didn’t you hear what he said?” T. Jung went to his side.

“Don’t touch her, you impostor!” Kai moved in front of me. He knew the thing with Kris and his wife.

“What did you just say?!” T. Jung looked insulted but she didn’t know what Kai meant. Suddenly, Kris threw a punch at Kai’s face. Kai flew a few meters away.

“Kai!” I ran towards him. “Oh god.” His mouth was bleeding.

“Tsk.” He wiped it off.

I turned and saw Kris’ mad face. He was like a dragon ready to kill any time. *He loved her that much?*

Kai stood up but I reached for his hand. “Please stop.” *This is pointless.*

“There, there, what’s this event all about?” I heard a voice drawing closer behind Kris. It was Chanyeol.

“Chanyeol...” I stood up with my trembling knees.

“The ship is going to board on the port. Prepare your things and ride the bus.” He was smiling.

T. Jung grabbed Kris’ arm and walked with him downstairs. Now, there was only the three of us.

Chanyeol smirked. “You lost.” He walked away. I knew what he meant.

“I’m sorry for not protecting you.” Kai suddenly hugged me.

“I don’t understand, Kai.” I patted his back. “It’s ok. We should get going or else the bus will leave us.”

Kai released me then he slipped his hand in mine. We walked together side by side.

 

Kai’s POV

“I’m sorry for not protecting you.” I hugged her. I failed her for the second time. I wasn’t able to stop Kris-hyung from hurting her.

“I don’t understand, Kai.” She patted my back. “It’s ok.” *No, it’s not okay, Hana. I saw you cry on Suho-hyung’s arms and I couldn’t help you. I’m sorry.*