twelfth night pt 6

Moments with Her

Joonyoung tossed a stack of papers in SinB’s face, he was furious, at her? Not quite. Rather he was just taking out his anger and SinB was to sit still. It was wrong, but she had to in order to stay with this job. She grit her teeth as she tried to keep a glare off her visage.

“Rejected again, AGAIN! How much patience do you think I HAVE!? This just thinks so highly of herself, she should be thankful that I even have any slightest bit of interest in her!”

SinB bit her lip as she held back from rolling her eyes. Joonyoung picked up and ashtray and she paused, that thing was made of stone, she had to be careful of where he threw it. He raised his arm to chuck it at her, but seeing her reflexive hands come up to protect herself, he seemed satisfied.

“You. You’re just my messenger boy aren’t ya?”

“Yes sir.”

“So, you think it isn’t your fault that she’s ignoring me and rejecting me huh?”

“Sir I-“

“You must be TWISTING MY WORDS AND PUTTING LIES INTO HER EARS!”

He wound up his arm again but Sowon hurriedly hooked her arms under SinB’s shoulders and yanked her out of the office, running as fast as she could, dragging SinB along.

“Sowon unnie! Where are we going?”

“Shhh! I’m your noona you idiot! We’re coming back when he cools off!”

Letting SinB up and smacking the top of her head, Sowon looked around the premises as she checked that the guards weren’t at her car. The coast was clear and Sowon took off, sliding across the hood to reach her side quickly, SinB paused to admire Sowon’s professionalism only to be scolded and hurried into the passenger seat.

Driving away, Sowon sighed. Putting her forehead to the steering wheel as the traffic light shone red, Sowon groaned.

“I swear, I don’t know if you’re perfect or not for this job.”

“What do you mean?”

Sowon sighed as the light turned green and looked back to the road.

“You were great at holding in your anger, you didn’t have an outburst, you didn’t glare at him, but your innocent look and goodness I need to make you look manlier somehow. Don’t stand there and take his punishment.”

“Hey, can we go to Yerin-ssi’s place?”

“Why?”

“I figure I could, maybe ask her for help.”

“What makes you think she’d agree?”

“Just a feeling.”

“Are you going to tell her everything?”

SinB hummed.

“Maybe, I think not though, it’s complicated. If I tell her, will she still want to see me? But if I don’t tell her, would she help me? I know Eunha unnie would, we’re best friends. At least, that’s how I saw it. Maybe I can say I used to work for my family.”

Sowon gave her a cursory glance but sighed and took the next turn.

“Fine, another few hours of drive time. Perfect.”

Looking in the rearview mirror out of habit, Sowon frowned. Was that the same car she had seen four blocks back? She made a mental note to herself to check more often before they arrived at Yerin’s place.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sowon straightened her tie a bit, stepping off the car to get to the other side. SinB had fallen asleep and she had noticed that the same dark blue corolla was indeed following them and proceeded to drive a very crooked path to Yerin’s to lose them. She wasn’t sure they were really gone, but it would have to do.

“Eunbi ah, Eunbi? Wake up, we’re here.”

Hearing the sound of a falling phone hitting the pavement, SinB blinked her eyes open as Sowon turned and stopped in her tracks.

“You really are Eunbi?”

Eunha stood there, her eyes glistening with the faintest tears.

“You’re really my little Hwang Eunbi?”

SinB looked to Sowon who looked back at her, they had no plans for this, no set way to deal with this issue at all. Seeing Sowon’s shrug, SinB got out of the passenger seat and stood in front of Eunha, her hands gathered politely.

“uhm…hello Eunha unnie.”

Stepping back as she stumbled from Eunha crashing into her for a hug, SinB awkwardly patted her back, awkwardly.

“You were right here with me the entire time! I can’t believe you!”

SinB slowly relaxed into the hug, the family aura of Eunha’s embrace bringing back happy memories of their time at school together. Her own tears of happiness escaped her eyes as Sowon watched with a motherly smile.

“Are you okay? Were you hurt anywhere?”

SinB let Eunha examine her all over, lifting her arms and everything.

“I promise you that she’s okay, Eunha ssi.”

“You! I knew something was fishy when you looked exactly like the guard!”

Sowon scratched her cheek, was it that easy to find her profile?

“How...how exactly did you get ahold of a picture of me? I could’ve sworn that any picture of me was erased?”

“Yerin unnie has many ways, you’d like to know?”

“Maybe.”

“Then maybe I can convince you to help us help you?”

SinB squeezed Eunha’s hand.

“So, Yerin ssi is really trying to get evidence on Joonyoung?”

“Of course!”

Eunha tugged SinB towards the house, motioning for Sowon to follow.

“I still can’t believe your short hair and actions made you so hard to spot, ah but I want you to keep fooling Yerin unnie for a while, she’s a little confused and it’s really cute to watch really.”

“You seem the type to play a lot of pranks Eunha ssi.”

“Only the harmless fun ones, come on let’s tell our plan to Yerin unnie.”

“What plan?”

“My plan.”

SinB followed confusedly, why would Eunha want Yerin to be kept out of their secret? Since these were trusted people, she really didn't want to lie to the older girl.

"I wonder if she'd get mad at me."

"What did you say?"

"Nothing Eunha unnie."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yerin pinched the bridge of her nose as she breathed deeply.

“You, want me, to go to him and ask him directly for the evidence?”

Eunha shook her head, ignoring the three sets of glares on her easily with a smile.

“No no no, you just have to show him some interest and then ask him what his accomplishments were, maybe talk a little bit about the Hwangs like you never liked them or something, just to trick him into slipping up. Sowon ssi here will make sure that you’re safe, right?”

“That’s only if this is our only plan, I seriously don’t like that it sounds good.”

Yerin grumbled under her breath, it didn’t help that SinB was sat there, looking helpless between adults making hard decisions.

“Then, SinB. Do you think we should do it?”

“And risk you getting killed there? I think not. I know that if you anger him one more time, he’ll want you dead.”

Yerin's gaze stayed on SinB for a little too long, their staring contest interrupted by Eunha putting her hand on SinB’s face.

“But that’s the point! You can’t cross him one more time! So just I don’t know, kiss for half an hour, please?”

“Why are you so dead set on this plan? We could just take some time an-“

“I’ve got a better idea.”

They all turned to Sowon.

===============

one big epic battle to depict, one big secret to reveal, one small feeling to bloom and a little bit of fluff on top will do the trick :D