nightmare hunter au

Moments with Her

An au where SinB's job is to hop into the sleeping people's dreams and defeat nightmares that could breach the wall between thought and reality. Well.....basically sandman in that disney movie if you know who I'm talking about :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hwang Eunbi, today is your first assignment."

"Of course sir."

"This is the girl you're assigned to keep watch over."

She looked down at the profile on the desk.

"Jung Yerin?"

"She's been a regular case of ours, sometimes, her nightmares can breach reality."

"Sometimes? So it's happened before?"

"We've lost several agents to her, and many have dropped her case in fear. What's special is that they always disappear when she wakes, but when she sleeps in, people get hurt."

"And we never told her about this situation?"

"We're an underground group of people with odd powers, we can't just tell everyone that we're special, we're just freaks."

SinB scoffed and grabbed the file off the desk.

"Well, for a team leader, you really don't instill a sense of pride in your workers do you."

"I'm sorry."

Waiving him off, Eunbi left the meeting room to her locker. It looks like she was moving to Seoul to watch this person. It'd do her some good to go back to the city after her training in the woods.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Apartment number 96....97.....aha! 98."

The doorbell rang and Eunbi got up from amidst her boxes to answer.

"Hello?"

"Hi new neighbor!"

SinB nodded her head awkwardly, she knew this face?

"I'm the person living across from you, Jung Yerin."

Aha, she was the one in the file.

"I'm Hwang Eunbi."

Watching as the taller peeked into her apartment, Eunbi thought her of as a weird person.

"Do you need help moving in?"

"Ah, no. It's fine, thank you though."

"Alright, then I'll leave you to it."

"It was nice meeting you Yerin ssi."

"You too."

Eunbi stared as she shot a wink before entering her own apartment. What the heck? For a person with quite the dangerous nightmares, she was bright.

Pulling out her phone, she dialed her team leader.

"Oi oppa? Why does Jung Yerin have nightmares?"

"Nobody made it that far Eunbi. Why?"

"Well, her personality is hella bright and happy, I expected a depressed little who was scared of the dreams they had every night."

"Listen Eunbi, we don't know why she's so happy when she's awake either, one of the other agents think that it might be that Yerin doesn't dream, she can only remember blank dreams, but in reality she's generating nightmares like humans generating carbon dioxide okay?"

"....I didn't need such a round about explaination. Just say it's unconfirmed."

"Fine."

Hanging up, she returned to unpacking her stuff. Hopefully she'd get a nap in before night time for her work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Checking the clock, Eunbi wandered her apartment, she had cast a spell to check the sleeping status of all her neighbors moments earlier. Jung Yerin was still awake. This meant, she couldn't phase through the walls to watch her.

"Come on, just sleep."

Sweeping her enchanted gaze around, she triple checked that everyone that was closest was asleep. Maybe she could cast another spell to make sure they stayed asleep? Nah, not until she knew what she was dealing with.

Suddenly becoming hyperaware of the shadows on the floor, she blinked twice. That wasn't possible, her subject was still awake. Then she heard a thud.

"That's not a human noise what the heck?"

The shadows on the floor started to change shapes, wisping and curling closer to her feet.

"She's got to be asleep."

Closing her eyes, she jumped through the walls, phasing through easily. Arriving in Yerin's bedroom, the girl was definitely asleep, by the looks of it at least. According to her spell however, Yerin was awake. Tapping her subject on the shoulder lightly while trying to blend in the dark, she confirmed once more that Yerin was actually asleep. How could her ancient spell of foresight be completely wrong?

Shaking her head to clear herself of her thoughts, she concentrated and pressed her palm against Yerin's, creating the connection needed to drop into the nightmare.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The cars beeped, people screamed and ran, Eunbi found herself surrounded by pandemonium. Recognizing the location as an amusement park, she scanned her surroundings for the cause of the chaos. Then something caught her eye, someone was just sitting nonchalantly in the midst of the chaos, unbothered by the screaming people.

"Excuse me? Do you know what's going on here?"

When the person looked up, she gasped.

"Jung Yerin ssi?"

"Who are you? You're a new face in here."

Remembering that her identity must be kept a secret, Eunbi pulled her mask up a little higher.

"It doesn't matter, tell me what's going on."

Instead, Yerin looked off in the distance. Following her line of sight, Eunbi saw a gigantic clown, laughing as he ripped buildings up from the ground asking the same question again and again. "ARE YOU HAVING FUN YET?" With that unchanging creepy smile.

"Today is the clown I guess."

Materialising her weapons, dual blades which you couldn't see due to the black mist that cascaded off of it, Eunbi ran after the clown as it kept chasing the little people.

Striking it down was easy, big things are slower, cutting off their movement was easier. Swiftly slicing out the tendons in the gigantic clown's legs, she brought the beast down and finished it off with a quick stab. That wasn't so hard.

"Haaaaah, why did the others quit such an easy job?"

Walking back to Yerin, she saw that the bench was now empty.

"Oh?"

Then she out when a large impact hit her from behind, the last thing she remembered was the sinister laughter of a clown.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Waking up with a jolt, Eunbi quickly returned to her room, bewildered. What the heck? How could it get back up? Were there more? How did she not sense them? The hysteria was making her upset. She sat on her bed, analyzing and reanalyzing what had happened.

"One, you don't usually see the host in the nightmare, the host only appears in good dreams. Two, how the hell did I get defeated in one blow? Three, she said 'it's the clown today', theres more than just the creepy clown."

Letting a frustrated scream, she ruffled her own hair roughly.

Her doorbell rang and Eunbi realized that it was already morning.

"Who is it?"

"It's your neighbor! Yerin!"

She opened the door and tried not to look like a zombie.

"Good morning!"

"Morning, what brings you over so early?"

"Well, I was heading out for a morning coffee run when I heard a scream from your apartment, is everything alright?"

"Everything is fine, just stubbed my little toe on a corner that's all."

Yerin nodded her head and Eunbi continued.

"Uhm, this might be weird but could I join you in that coffee run? I'm not really familiar with the area just yet."

"Sure!"

Her first mystery would have to be solved by learning about the girl first.

"So, what kind of coffee do you drink?"

===================

mmmmmmmmmm this is an idea that randomly struck....oddly I'm not imagining fluff.....maybe I need another bar of chocolate....