2Eun

Apink Short Stories/One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunji POV

“hey beautiful.” I smiled as I wrapped my arms around Naeun’s waist.

“hey, I missed you.” She leaned in and kissed me.

We stayed in each other’s arm for a bit savoring every moment we had together. It’s not like one of us is leaving or we rarely see each other, truth is we see each other everyday, but we can’t be together. Typical love story I guess. Naeun is the popular kid in school and let’s just say I’m last rank on the school social chart. I guess it’s because I’m poor in a rich school.

It seems weird that Naeun and I would be together, but we’ve been friends for a long time. I had to move away, but then I came back a couple of years later and ended up going to the same school as Naeun. On the first day of school it seems like people already knew I didn’t belong here, news spread fast about how a poor student was only here on scholarship. I ran into Naeun and her friends that day, but I guess she must have heard too so she didn’t say anything to me in school. Then later she came over to my house and we connected once again, but of course had to keep it a secret.

“I should go now.” Naeun said letting her grip go.

“just a little bit more.” I said pulling her back.

“unnie someone might see.”

“then let them see.”

“Eunji unnie, you know it’ll be hard…”

“alright then, bye.” I sighed letting her go.

“I’m sorry unnie, but we’ll see each other later, okay?” Naeun gently cupped my face.

“okay, have a good rest of the day.” I tried to say without sounding too disappointed.

Naeun pecked me on the lips and then walked out of our hiding spot. I just watched as she left. It not being able to hold her hand when we’re in school and stuff. It even more seeing people hit on Naeun and I see her flirting back and then rejecting them.

After I stopped being sad I walked out and went back to normal school schedule. As I was walking I see people staring at me and whispering. Sigh. Typical day. Sometimes I would hear what they say and it would actually hurt. Them calling me dirty and saying I don’t belong here. I got to my class and went to my seat, of course I was sitting alone. I saw Naeun walking with her friends laughing happily. I felt myself smiling seeing how happy it is, but I also felt a bitter because I wasn’t the one making her smile. Naeun eyes landed on me for a it and I smiled, she gave me a small smile before looking away.

“class, we have a student today. Please welcome Park Chorong and make her feel welcome.”

A really cute girl walked in. She politely bowed her head then stood next to the teacher waiting for further instruction.

“you can have that empty seat over there.” The teacher said pointing at the seat next to me.

The other students looked at me then looked at Park Chorong as she made her way to the seat.

“hi!” She greeted giving me a cute smile.

“hey.” I gave a small smile. I tried not to be friendly because I didn’t want her to be dragged down with me. She looked like she wanted to say something more, but I turned my head away so she turned her attention back to the teacher.

After class finish I took my time to get ready because if I walk out while other people are walking out too then they would push me or try to trip me. As I was putting the books in my backpack I saw a finger tapping on my desk. I hesitantly looked up afraid it might be more people picking on me. When I finally looked up I saw it was Park Chorong.

“can I help you?”

“umm sorry to ask, but do you mind showing me around? I don’t know where to go for lunch.” She said shyly.

“you should ask someone else.”

“why can’t you do it?”

“it’s best to stay away from me.”

I felt so bad for being rude, but it’s better for her not to talk to me. I grabbed my backpack and then made my way towards the cafeteria. A part of me was hoping that she would be following so she would know where the cafeteria is. When I got there I bought my lunch and then went to sit at my usual spot, in the back, away from everyone else.

As I was eating I see Naeun entering the cafeteria with her friends. I sighed again. I hate seeing her with her friends because Naeun is a different person when she’s with them. Oh . They’re walking towards my table. Her friends are my worst enemy.

“sup Jung.” Wendy said.

I just stared at them. I see Naeun behind them, trying not to make eye contacts with me.

“hey I’m talking to you.” Wendy slapped my spoon out of my hand.

“I can see that.”

“wow someone has a lot of attitude.”

“do you need something? If not, then leave.”

“just here to get some water.”

Wendy reached over and grabbed my water bottle.

“this is yours, right? Hey Naeun-ah, why don’t you give Junng some water?”

Wendy handed the water bottle to Naeun and Naeun hesitantly grabbed it. I can see that she was looking nervous and didn’t want any part of this.

“go ahead.” Wendy urge.

Naeun sighed, then lifted up the water bottle above my head. I knew what was about to come, but my heart was beating because this time it was Naeun. Naeun never took part in the bullying, but here she is hovering the water bottle above my head. I was praying that Naeun would finally stand up for me, but of course I was wrong. She turned her hand and I felt water get splashed all over me and laughter filled up the room.

I looked up and saw Wendy nudging Naeun and Naeun gave her a smile, which broke my heart.

“hey! Don’t you think you guys are a bit out of line?”

“who are you?” Seulgi sneered.

“doesn’t matter.” It was Park Chorong. She walked up to me and bent down to talk to me, “are you okay?”

I was shocked that someone is actually standing up for me so the only thing I could do was nod my head.

“come on, I’ll help you clean up..” She extended her arm out and I took it.

She helped me up from my seat and then we walked out of the cafeteria with everyone staring at us. I didn’t care. For once I was feeling a bit happy because someone cared enough to say something. She continued holding my hand as we made our way into one of the school hallways. I guess she was looking for an empty hallway since we kept through different hallways and leaving whenever we see people.

Finally after dragging around everywhere we finally found an empty hallway. We were leaning against the wall ish, while she was rummaging through her backpack and took out some tissue. Then she went on to try to wipe me.

“I can do it myself, thanks.” I said taking the tissue out of her hand.

“why did they do that? Man people can be so mean.”

“what can I say? I’m not likeable.” I shrug.

“why don’t they like you?”

“I’m a poor student in a rich school.”

“so?”

“so I’m not like them.”

“so?”

“so they hate me…?”

“well that’s a stupid reason to hate someone.”

“who are you?”

“Park Chorong. Hi. We had the last class together. The one who you wouldn't show the way of the cafeteria for.” She said sticking her hand out.

“I know who you are…it’s just who are you?”

“I just said it…”

“I mean why are you helping me and stuff?”

“well you were in need and looked like you could use some help. Was I not supposed to help you?”

“well it’s just no one has ever helped me before.”

“hmm I’m not really getting a good impression of this school now.”

Man this girl is really something.

“well thanks for helping me, but I think you should go now. If you hang around me any longer people might start to hate you too.”

“I don’t mind. Since we’ll both be hated, let’s be friends!” She said smiling.

“sure…” I was a bit iffy at this. Seems strange that she wants to be my friend, but then she did help me so I guess I owe it to her to be nice.

After I said sure she squealed in excitement and then hugged me. No one has ever hugged me before in school beside Naeunnie.

Naeun POV

I can’t believe this. As I was making my way towards Eunji unnie’s house I felt my emotion all mixed up. Guilt. Jealous. Anger. Sadness. I felt so bad that I poured water all over Eunji unnie, but I couldn’t help it. I’m just too scared to be mistreated. Yes I’m a freaking coward. After Eunji unnie and the new girl walked out of the cafeteria, I was able to sneak away from my group of friends and follow them. They stopped in a hallway and were talking. I felt jealous at the fact that someone else was talking to Eunji unnie. They talked for a while and then I see the new girl smiling wide and then hugged my unnie. I can’t describe how much it hurt seeing that.

“hey.” Eunji unnie said as she opened the door.

Her tone was not the usual excited tone that always greet me. She’s mad. Why wouldn’t she be mad? I’d be mad too if I were her.

“unnie! I’m so sorry!”

I jumped forward and hugged her tightly. She was surprised so she kind of stumbled back at first, but then she wrapped her arms around me and brought me inside the house.

“it’s okay Naeun-ah.” Eunji unnie sighed as she let me go.

“it’s not okay, I’m really sorry.” I cupped Eunji unnie’s face and pecked her on the lips.

“yeah I understand.” She gave me a smile, but I knew it was a fake one.

“did you change already? New clothes?” I asked noticing her clothes. I’m basically with her all the time so I knew all of her clothes.

“oh Chorong unnie brought me to her house after the incident and lent me her clothes.”

“Chorong unnie…? The new girl?”

“yup. She’s really nice, kind of hyper. Very laidback.” I see a smile forming on Eunji unnie’s face and this time it was her real smile.

“oh she seems nice.” I tried to say nicely.

“yup!”

“are you sure you’re not mad at me? I’m really sorry.”

Eunji unnie grabbed my hand and then pulled me onto her lap, then she wrapped her arms around me. Its gestures like this that makes my heart beat so fast.

“I was mad at first, but I got over it I guess. So stop apologizing, okay? I still love you very much.”

Eunji unnie started kissing me and then attacking my neck. We continued on kissing for a while. I wanted to enjoy every moments I have with her alone. It’s really agonizing being separated from her in school. I really want to man up and just be with her in school, but my shallow side of me is too big.

After the quick make out session we broke apart and just started talking. I guess just talking about school and what’s been going on. I felt bad whenever I talk about my friends and I because I knew that Eunji unnie didn’t really have friends.

“I guess I should go home now.” I sigh seeing that it was getting late.

“you can’t stay the night?” Eunji unnie pouted.

“we got school tomorrow silly. Let’s go out to eat tomorrow!”

“yeah! Oh wait…I can’t.”

“how come? Going somewhere with your parents?”

“nope, Chorong unnie invited me to hangout with her after school.”

They barely met and they’re already hanging out? I never really felt jealous before until now. I hate it. Why is this Chorong taking my Eunji unnie away?

“oh okay. Well By-” I stopped when I saw that Eunji unnie wasn’t really paying attention to me. Instead she was smiling at her phone. Probably texting that Park Chorong. I started fake coughing to get her attention.

“bye Naeunnie, I’ll see

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter