Chomi Part 4

Apink Short Stories/One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A year and three months later~

I walked into the ice cream shop and sat at my regular spot. I’ve been doing this nearly everyday since my third year of university have started. It’s the only time where I’m able to have time to myself and think without Eunji and Naeun giving me those sad eyes.

I come to get a scoop of vanilla, then sit and think. I’m always thinking about the same thing everyday. Chorong unnie.I wondered how she’s doing. The last time I heard about her was that she was in California, but that was 6 months ago. She didn’t get in contact with any of us so none of us have talked to her.

I really missed her so much. This is worst than my first heartbreak. After finishing my ice cream I got up to leave. When I walked outside a girl walked by me and she looked just like Chorong unnie. I didn’t think much of it because that happens a lot. I always think that they’re Chorong unnie, but they’re not. I continue walking back to my apartment. There was someone new living in Chorong unnie’s apartment. It doesn’t feel right seeing their face instead of Chorong unnie’s.

“Bomi-ah!” I heard a voice calling me.

I turned around and saw Eunji and Naeun walking towards me.

“hey.” I greeted.

“going home?”

“yup.”

“do you want to go to the mall and hangout?” Naeun asked.

“no it’s okay, I want to go home and sleep.”

“come on Bomi unnie, it’ll be fun!”

“more like you guys will have fun and I’ll be third wheeling.”

“pssssh no.” Eunji said waving me off.

“I’ll see you guys tomorrow.”

I waved them goodbye and started walking back to the apartment. Nowadays all I do is go to school, go to the ice cream shop, sleep, then do nothing. It repeats everyday. I feel stupid thinking that a month after Chorong unnie left, I felt like life no longer had any meanings. I kept having negative thoughts about my life. Eunji and Naeun tried to take me to the beach to clear my head, but while I was in the water all I can think of was ‘if I just let the waves carry me, then I can just disappear from this life.’ I had those thoughts again when they dragged me to go hiking. I stood on the edge of the cliff and thought ‘just one more step and everything can end.’

I noticed Eunji and Naeun always being worried about me, so I felt bad. I started going back to myself and just be my depressing self whenever I’m alone.

I heard someone knocking on my door, at first I assumed that it was Eunji or Naeun, but then they never knock. They have their own keys. I looked into the peephole and saw a girl about my age or so standing there.

“can I help you?” I asked as I opened the door.

“are you Yoon Bomi?” the girl asked.

“that depends on who’s asking.”

“hi my name is Oh Hayoung. I have some questions or well I guess informations for Yoon Bomi. Are you her?”

Information? Who is this girl?

“yes I’m Yoon Bomi.”

“finally! Uhh can I come in?”

“sure I guess…”

I must be out of my mind to let a stranger come into my apartment. The girl gave me a smile and then walked to my couch and sat down.

“okay I don’t know where to start or how I should say this.” She said.

“start however you like, I’m listening.” I said trying to be polite.

“this is going to seem like I’m messing with you, but I’m really not.”

“what is it?”

“you’re my half-sister.”

“what?”

Now I really am going crazy. I must be hearing things because this girl just said that she’s my half-sister. I don’t have any family. They all abandoned me when I was a kid.  

“we are related. We have the same mom…well had.”

“I think you got the wrong person.”

“Yoon Bomi, right? From Hope orphanage?”

“yes…but h-how can this be?”

“our mom passed away 2 years ago, when she was in the hospital she told me the truth about you.”

“and what was that truth?”

“she said that she was young when she had you, she couldn’t raise you by herself because your dad ran away so she had to give you up. She said that giving you up is one of her biggest regret.”

“h-h-how d-do I know t-that y-you’re not l-lying?” I stuttered.

My heart was pounding so much, I couldn’t believe all these information. I always wondered where I came from and why my parents had given me up. Now my ‘little sister’ is sitting in front of me telling me everything I’ve always been curious about.

“here’s a picture of you as baby with our mom.”

She handed me a picture of a young lady holding a baby. This is my mom? She’s so young and beautiful.

“h-how d-did she d-die?”

“she was diagnosed with cancer, we thought she was going to make it, but in the end she left us.” Hayoung said sadly.

“I see…”

I continued staring at the picture not knowing what to say or do.

Chorong POV

 I had gotten back from California three months ago after being in hiding for a year. My dad told me I should stay there, but I wanted to come back to Korea to see my old friends. Originally I was going to call them right when I get to Korea, but I chickened out. Would they still remember me? Do they hate me for leaving? Does Bomi hate me for blaming on her?

That was what I felt guilty about the most. I blamed it on Bomi when it wasn’t even her fault. After 6 months of investigating we found out that it was Drive Liu who told everyone. Yeah I was shocked too. It turns out that when I left to live on my own, he took it pretty hard. He’s been in my life since I was a baby so he saw me as his daughter. When I left to live alone, he was bothered by it. He felt like I didn’t need him anymore. He had my every movement followed. When I found out the truth, I couldn’t believe it. Driver Liu was like a second dad, but it felt weird seeing that he was this obsessed. The day I told Bomi, Driver Liu was stalking me. When he found out that I told Bomi he knew that it was the perfect chance to destroy everything and make my life miserable so he could be there for me.

Needless to say he was fired and was put in jail for stalking. After moving back I stayed in my own apartment. I wished it was the one in front of Bomi’s, but then that apartment already had a tenant. I would walk around to the places where I’ve visited with B

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter