2Eun Part 3

Apink Short Stories/One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Naeun POV

“wow so that’s what happened.” Namjoo said as I finished telling them everything.

“unnie, you should have just ran away with Eunji unnie when you found out about the arranged marriage.” Hayoung said.

“no I would have felt guilty.”

“why?” Hayoung asked.

“I don’t want Eunji unnie to throw her life and start over just because of me.”

“aiish unnie. I hope Joy didn’t inherit your paboness. Eunji unnie wouldn’t mind going anywhere, as long as you were there.”

“the past is the past now, so let’s not talk about it anymore. Let’s talk about you two.”

“ahh unnie, there’s nothing new with us.” Hayoung said blushing a bit.

“oh really? Because I don’t remember you two having those rings on your fingers when I left.”

“oh this…” Namjoo nudged Hayoung making her explain.

“we got married about 4 years ago.” Hayoung said.

“aiish I don’t want to know how long you’ve been married, I want to know how it happened!”

“oh it wasn’t much.” Hayoung said.

“yah, what do you mean it wasn’t much? I’ve spent so much time and effort into the proposal and the wedding!” Namjoo said.

“pssh unnie don’t lie, I know you made Chorong unnie do almost everything.” Hayoung said slightly pushing Namjoo’s shoulder.

“what’s important is that you said yes and we’re happily married now.” Namjoo gave a goofy grin then peck Hayoung on the lips.

“yah! We got a little kid right here!” I shouted covering Joy’s eyes.

“hehe sorry unnie,” Hayoung giggled then started telling me about how the proposal and wedding happened.

As I was listening to them, I felt myself giving one of those motherly smiles. I was really envious of their love story, because that was always what I imagined. Getting proposed to in such a sweet way by Eunji unnie, and then having my wedding day as the best day of my life.

“wow that’s amazing and really sweet!” I squealed as they finished.

“yeah, I just wish you would have been at the wedding too…” Hayoung trailed off.

“yeah I’m sorry about that.”

“mommy, can we go home now? I want dinner.” Joy said tucking on my arm.

“you’re hungry again?”

Joy simply nodded.

“alright let’s go. Hey before I go, can I have Chorong unnie’s phone number? I really want to get in contacts with her.”

“sure, here you go.” Namjoo said as she took my phone to type the number.

“oh and can you not tell her what I told you guys, I want to tell her myself.”

The couple nodded their head then started saying goodbye to Joy. I was glad that Joy liked them, usually she’s not so smiley with strangers, she’s usually really shy. After we bid our goodbyes Joy was too tired to walk so I gave her a piggyback ride home.

After getting back home I put her down in front of the TV and started cooking. I kept feeling myself smiling as I hear Joy laughing happily. I guess I do have something to thank Taemin for. When I finished cooking dinner I called Joy over and we started eating. The whole time I was thinking when I should get in contact with Chorong unnie. Maybe I should call her now, she probably knows I’m back by now.

I sighed and took out my phone and called her, I felt my heart beating really fast.

“hello?” She answered.

“C-Chrong unnie?”

“who’s this?”

“it’s me, N-Naeun.”

There was a pause a bit, which made me even more nervous.

“what do you want?” Chorong unnie asked, a bit coldly.

“are you free tomorrow? I want to meet you.”

“no I’m busy.”

“oh…”

I should have seen it coming; she probably hates me and wouldn’t want to see me at all.

“I have a day off in 3 days, if you want to meet then.” she said.

“really? Okay! Is it okay from 9-12?”

“yeah that’s fine.”

“okay I’ll see you then. Bye unnie!”

“bye.”

I couldn’t contain my excitement, at least she’s willing to meet with me. That’s great, now I’ll have something to do while Joy is in school.

The First Day of School

“hey Joy!” Eunji unnie greeted happily as we got to the front of the classroom. She didn’t even acknowledge me, which was expected.

“hello!” Joy bowed politely then she faced me.

“alright, do you remember what I told you?” I asked as I was fixing Joy’s hair.

“yes mommy, don’t worry!”

“ahhh I can’t believe my baby is all grown up.” I pulled her into another hug.

“mommy, you’re more of a baby than I am!” Joy whined.

“have fun, okay?”

Joy nodded her head then went inside.

“don’t worry, I’ll take good care of her.” Eunji unnie said.

“thanks.” I gave a small smile.

Then there it was again, the awkward silence.

“umm I heard you’re seeing Chorong unnie today.” She said breaking the silence.

“yeah…I met with Hayoung and Namjoo the other day so I thought I should get in contact with Chorong unnie too.”

“oh that’s great.” Eunji unnie said.

“well I guess I’ll go now. Bye.” I waved my hand awkwardly as I walked away.

I hate the awkwardness. It’s so hard to talk to her now. it’s really hard to think that she’s not mine. I  wish there was something I could do to make her mine again, but I know that I broke her and she will never trust me again.

I walked back to my house and saw Chorong unnie waiting outside.

“I’m sorry, did you wait long?” I asked as I was opening the door.

“no I just got here.”

“here sit, do you want any water or anything?” I asked.

“no I’m fine, thanks.” She said she sat down.

I walked to the couch and sat next to her, but I also made sure to keep a certain distance.

“so why did you want to meet me?” Chorong unnie asked.

“I’ve missed you a lot unnie…”

My hands were shaking a little because of how nervous I was feeling. Hayoung was a forgiving person, so it was easy talking to her. As for Chorong unnie, she can really hold a grudge.

“then you shouldn’t have left.”

“unnie I had no choice!”

“you always have a choic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter