2Eun Part 4

Apink Short Stories/One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunji POV

In a blink of an eye 2 months had flew by since school had started. Things with Naeun and I were the same as they were. We just greeted each other when she came by with Joy, then when she is picking up Joy she would try to make small talks and ask me out to eat, but as always I rejected it. I don’t want to be pulled back in; I don’t want to get my hopes up thinking that we might still have a chance together. Chorong unnie and the others have been telling me to give Naeun a chance, but I still refuse. One time I got tired of it so I kind of blew up on them and ever since they didn’t bother me about Naeun anymore.

As for Joy, I’ve been getting along with her pretty well. She’s such a sweet and innocent little kid. Us teachers are not supposed to have a favorite when it comes to students, but Joy is definitely my favorite. She listens well and always finishes her work fast. Also she tells me everything about Naeun, so it makes it a lot easier for me to keep tabs on Naeun without her knowing.

“so Joy, how are you liking Korea?” I asked as we were waiting for Naeun to come get Joy.

“I really like it. Mommy smiles a lot now, it makes me smile too!”

“aigoo, are you sure you’re really five?”

Joy cocked her head to the side in confusion.

“does it get lonely with just you and your mom?” I asked.

“nope! Grandma Cho, auntie Bomi, auntie Namjoo, and auntie Hayoung always comes by. It’s really loud whenever they do.”

“haha oh really?” I chuckled because I know how that must have been like.

“how come you don’t ever come by?” Joy looked up at me with such an innocent eyes that it made me feel guilty.

“hey!” Naeun greeted, I was grateful for her timing.

“mommy!” Joy ran to hug Naeun. I always enjoyed seeing this scene.

“hey baby.” She said kissing Joy on the cheeks.

It was weird seeing her call Joy baby because she used to call me baby.

“was she good today?” Naeun asked me.

“yeah she was. She’s a really good kid.”

“alright, let’s go Joy.” Naeun said picking up Joy.

“wait mommy!” Joy stopped Naeun.

“hmm what is it?”

“teacher Eunji didn’t answer my question yet.” Dammit.

“what question?” Naeun asked.

Joy turned to face me waiting for me to response.

“uhh she said that Chorong unnie and the others come by your house often, then she asked how come I never come over.”

“oh…” Naeun said awkwardly.

“so how come, mommy?” Joy asked.

“t-that’s cause teacher Eunji is busy that’s why.” Naeun explained, which I was thankful for.

“can you come over later today?” Joy asked suddenly.

“Joy-ah, she’s busy. She’ll come by another day, okay?”

“yeah I’m really sorry Joy.” I was feeling really guilty.

“b-but…” Joy said with a sad tone.

“well maybe I can come by for an hour or so later.” I said giving in not wanting Joy to be sad.

“really?” Naeun asked in a surprised tone.

“really?!” Joy asked excitedly.

I nodded my head and gave her a smile.

“yay!” Joy jumped out of Naeun’s arm and ran to hug me.

Then she let go and left with Naeun. I sat back down on my chair and exhale deeply. Great what did I get myself into? The only way I can get through the visit is to have the others with me. I took out my phone and decided to call Bomi.

“what’s up buddy?” She answered.

“hey remember that you owe me a favor?”

“yeah…what do you want?” I can hear her sighing.

“I need you to get the others and go over to Naeun’s place later today.”

“why?”

“because Joy invited me and I couldn’t say no.”

“just go there alone then!”

“no! it’ll be awkward.”

“aiish you’re such a wuss! We’re busy today.”

“too bad you owe me the favor!”

“I really hate you, you know that?”

“I love you too honey!” I said sweetly the hung up.

I have a couple more hours until I need to be there. Aiish. I can feel myself getting really nervous and shaking a little. How am I going to get through the afternoon? I feel bad for always being so cold and mean to Naeun, but I can’t help it. She hurt me, she shouldn’t be able to come back in so easy. She doesn’t love me. She never did.

“hey.” I greeted as Naeun opened the door.

I stayed in my car for 10 minutes thinking of how the afternoon will be. After gathering up all my courage I knocked on the door and Naeun opened it. As I walked in I saw the others already sitting at the living just chatting to themselves.

“Jung Eunji!” Bomi greeted happily, but I knew deep down she wanted to kill me right now.

“wow this is a sight I thought I would never see.” Chorong unnie said, as I sat down next to Hayoung on the floor.

“what do you mean?” Naeun asked, sitting next to Chorong unnie.

“the six of us are together again.” Chorong unnie said.

“this is great!” Hayoung shouted!

“yah, do you want to kill my eardrums and Joy’s?” Namjoo said hitting Hayoung on the arm. Joy was sitting obediently on Namjoo’s lap.

Joy got up then walked over to me and sat on my lap. Then she grabbed my arm and moved it to around her waist. This action reminded me so much of Naeun because she used to do that to me all the times.

“Joy-ah, come sit here. You might be making Eunji unnie uncomfortable.” Naeun said.

“no, I want sit with teacher Eunji.” Joy pouted.

“Joy, wait.” Chorong unnie said then she walked over to us. Then she picked up Joy and put her in the middle, “out of all of us, not couting your mommy, who do you like the most?”

Joy looked around for a bit, while the others were pointing at themselves. Then Joy looked my way and ran to attack with a hug. She caught me off-guard so when she hugged me, I fell backward  with Joy on top of me giggling.

“whaat. I was so sure she’d pick me.” Bomi pouted.

“don’t worry Bom-ah, I’ll always pick you.” Chorong unnie patted Bomi on the head.

“I love you, unnie.” Bomi said sweetly, then they kissed.

I immediately hugged Joy tightly, and made her head bury into my chest so she wouldn’t see the PDA.

“yah! There’s a little kid here.” I said making the pair pull apart.

“seriously unnies. I’m pretty sure Joy is learning sick minded stuff from you guys!” Naeun scolded.

“HAHA that’s funny coming from you, Naeun unnie!” Hayoung and Namjoo both started laughing.

“what do you mean?” Naeun asked confusingly.

“Naeunnie, back in our school days you were the most sick minded one in our group.” I said laughing along, not realizing that I just called her ‘Naeunnie’ and I was being nice.

“not even!” Naeun defended herself pouting and crossing her arm, which reminded me of Joy.

We all laughed and started talking about old times. It was really great to be able to do this. I had always imagined this, but in my mind I was happily married to Naeun. Soon I felt Joy’s grip on my body loosen. I looked down and saw that she was sleeping.

“hey Naeun-ah, I think Joy is asleep.” I whispered.

“oh here, let me put her to bed.” Naeun came over and tried to get Joy, but once Naeun touched Joy, Joy started stirring a bit.

“lead me to her room and I’ll put her down.” I said then I carefully got up, still holding onto Joy.

Naeun led me to the bedroom and it was the typical 5-year-old room. There were stuffed animals and lots of drawings on the wall. There was a laptop on her table.

“really? You bought your 5-year-old a laptop?” I asked giving Naeun a look.

“she was begging for one!” Naeun defended herself.

“you always gave in too easily.” I teased then shook my head.

I walked over to the bed and gently put Joy onto the bed. Once she was on the bed, she immediately turned to her side and hugged her stuffed bear. Naeun walked over and pulled the blanket up so it was covering Joy. She leaned down and kissed Joy on the forehead and gave a motherly smile. This was a really cute sight. Naeun noticed that I was staring, so she gave a shy smile then started walking out of the room.

“goodnight Joy.” I whispered and kissed her on the forehead, then followed Naeun out.

When we walked out we saw the others standing around the dinning table. On the table there were various bottles of alcohol. Great. I know where this is going.

 “uh…” Naeun said awkwardly seeing all the alcohol bottles.

“now that Joy is asleep, it’s time to turn things up!” Bomi cheered.

“yah! We don’t’ want to wake Joy up.” Chorong unnie covered Bomi’s mouth.

“eww grosss!” Chorong unnie said letting Bomi go, then she wiped her hand on Bomi  clothes while Bomi stuck out her tongue.

“are you guys sure? All of you guys have really low alcohol tolerance.” I said worried about them.

“don’t worry unnie! We’re sleeping over tonight, so it’s fine.” Hayoung said pouring the alcohol into glasses and passing them around.

“don’t worry Eunj-ah, I’ll help you take care of the kids.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter