Hayoung & Apink

Apink Short Stories/One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hayoung POV

3…2…1… It’s 12 o’clock! I’m officially 20. I looked around the van and saw all the unnies sleeping, I guess that’s understandable. We had a long day. I couldn’t sleep because I was too excited. I can’t believe I’m 20. I had debuted when I was only about 15 or 16, now I’m an adult. I took out my phone and read what the fans were saying. I was touched that they were wishing me happy birthday. 

Soon we finally arrived at our dorm. I started gently waking up all the unnies. They yawned and started gathering their stuff. I was waiting for one of them to say something or wish me happy birthday, but none of them did. They continued walking like zombies into the dorm. I guess they’re still pretty dazed. I sighed and continued walking in with them.

I wonder if they forgot…or if they’re pretending to forget.

Once we got inside the dorm everyone went to their room, they were too tired to shower. I walked into our room with Naeun unnie and she immediately plopped herself down on her bed. I stared at her a bit waiting to see if she’ll say anything.

“Hayoung-ah.” She said.

“yes unnie?”

Is she going to wish me happy birthday?

“can you turn off the lights please? I’m just gonna sleep now and shower tomorrow.”

“okay unnie.”

Disappointment washed over me. I got up and turned off the lights for her. Then I decided to go check on the unnies, to make sure they’re resting well. Bomi unnie, Eunji unnie, and Namjoo unnie’s room was right next to mine. So I carefully opened the door and saw them snoring already.

Eunji unnie body was half on the bed, and half on the floor. Bomi unnie was shivering, but didn’t have any blankets on. Namjoo unnie was hugging the teddy bear that I got her happily. I sighed and walked to Eunji unnie to help fix her position. Then I went to Bomi unnie and covered the blanket over her. After that I walked over to Namjoo unnie and stared at her a bit.

“sleep well unnie, sweet dreams.” I whispered and pecked her on the lips.

Then I walked into Chorong unnie room and saw her sleeping. I walked over to her and helped covered the blanket over her since half of it was on the floor.

“goodnight, Chorong unnie.” I whispered.

“goodnight Hayoung-ah.” Chorong unnie whispered back scaring me.

I waited a bit to see if she would say anything, but she didn’t. I sighed again and walked back into my room. Naeun unnie was already sleeping soundly. I laid in my bed looking through my phone. ‘At least I got you pandas to make me feel loved.’

I opened my eyes slowly trying to adjust to the light. I turned looked at the bottom bunk bed and saw the bed was empty. I checked my phone to see what time it is and it was 2! Oh man good thing we had the day off today. I wonder why no one woke me up, I kind of expected them to be jumping on my bed and screaming.

I walked outside and was met with nothing. I heard some sounds in the kitchen so I went there. I saw Chorong unnie washing the dishes.

“hey Chorong unnie.” I greeted.

“oh Hayoung-ah, you’re awake. Are you hungry? I can make you something if you want.”

“no I’m good, thanks. Where are the other unnies?”

“Bomi, Eunji, and Namjoo had tickets to this concert and they said they’re going to go shopping later, so they’re not going to be back until later tonight. Naeun went to an art gallery opening, so she’ll be home around 6.”

They’re all going to be home pretty late? I felt myself becoming disappointed again. I can’t believe it…maybe they really forgot.

“do you have any plans for today?” I asked.

Maybe I can at least hangout with Chorong unnie.

“yeah, I’m getting ready to go to the gym now. Take care of the house, okay? If you go out remember to check everything first.”

Then she walked into her room to gather her stuff. So much for spending time with her. I walked toward the couch and sat down. Some birthday. I can’t believe everyone is busy and forgot my birthday. Suddenly my phone started ringing, so I picked it up.

“HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAYOUNG!”

I had to pull the phone away from my ear for a bit otherwise I would have gone deaf.

“thanks Joy!” I said smiling happily, glad someone remembers.

“whatcha doing today?”

“Hayoung-ah, I’m leaving now!” Chorong unnie announced, “bye, love you!”

She walked out the door before I got the chance to respond.

“nothing.”

“nothing? You’re not doing anything with your members?” Joy asked.

“I don’t think they even remembered.” I said sadly.

“what?! No way. Maybe they’re just pretending to forget and throw you a surprised party?”

“they’re doing a good job.”

“aww I’m sorry, well get ready! I’m coming over in 10 minutes, we’ll go out and have fun on our own! Remember, 10 minutes!”

Then Joy hung up before I even agreed. I guess I should go out and have fun, it’ll take my mind off of things. Crap that girl is only giving me 10 minutes to get ready?! I look like a bum right now! I ran into my room and started getting ready.

After exactly 10 minutes I heard a knock on my door, wow she’s really on time.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” Joy shouted once I opened the door then she attacked me with a hug.

“t-thanks. C-can’t b-breath!” I said patting her back so she would loosen the grip.

“no one’s home?” Joy asked looking around.

“nope, they all went out.”

“wow they’re really good at pretending.”

Then Joy grabbed my hand and we went into her car.

“here.” She said handing me a box.

“oh you didn’t have to!”

“what kind of friend am I if I don’t get my awesome friend a present on her birthday, hmm?”

I smiled at her gratefully.

“open it!” She said excitedly.

I started unraveling the ribbons and then opened the box. Inside was a really cute cupcake.

“aww, thanks!” I said gratefully.

Joy reached over to the passenger seat and then she used her finger and swiped some cream off the cupcake then put it on my face.

“yah!”

“hehe, it’s a birthday tradition!”

Joy started laughing and drove off. We decided to just watch a movie and go shopping after. I kept checking my phone to see if any of the unnies would text me. None of them did. I felt really disappointed. I’m most disappointed in Namjoo unnie, how can she forget her own girlfriend’s birthday? At first I felt a bit iffy about hanging out with Joy on my birthday because Namjoo unnie gets jealous easily with her, but then I stopped caring because that didn’t even bother remembering my birthday.

We got to the movie theater and Joy linked arms with me as we entered. We decided to watch the new minion movie. I offered to pay for the tickets, but Joy slapped my hands away so hard that I was too scared to fight back.

Throughout the movie Joy and I kept squealing at the cuteness of it. We also laughed so hard to the point where we started crying. This feels nice. For about 2 hours I forgot about all my troubles.

“ahhh that was great!” Joy exclaimed.

“it was! Thanks for bringing me here.”

“no problem, you deserve to have fun on your birthday! Come on, let’s go shopping. I’ll buy you whatever you want! And hey maybe we can buy some matching stuff!” Joy said happily and then pulled my arm forward.

We got to the mall and started walking around and looking at each store. At some point me and Joy started holding hands, which I didn’t mind. I always do this with my friends.

We went into an accessory store and looked around for new phone cases and bracelets. While looking around I noticed two familiar figures. I continued staring at them, and then finally they turned around.

“Hayoung-ah?”

“oh hey Bomi unnie, Namjoo unnie, Eunji unnie.” I greeted, trying to hide the bitterness from my tone.

“hey!” Joy greeted.

“oh hey Joy!” Bomi unnie and Eunji unnie greeted back.

I noticed Namjoo unnie just looking at Joy and our held hands. Whatever. At least Joy remembered my birthday.

“when are you guys going home?” I asked.

“we were actually just getting ready to leave. Do you need a ride home?” Eunji unnie asked.

“no she doesn’t, she’s also gonna come home late ish. I’m taking her out for some drinks later.” Joy said.

“oh okay have fun then!” Bomi unnie said.

Namjoo unnie suddenly grabbed my wrist.

“can I talk to you for a minute?” She whispered.

I nodded my head and then she took me outside the store.

“how come you’re hanging out with her?” Namjoo unnie asked.

“why can’t I? She’s my friend.”

“are you just trying to get me jealous? Are you mad at me or something?”

“hmm I don’t know.” I said crossing my arm.

“why are you mad at me?” Namjoo unnie asked cluelessly.

“you should know if you really cared about me.”

“what are you talking about?”

“I’m gonna go now, we can talk later at home.” I said starting to walk away.

“come home now and we can talk. Have your feelings for me changed? Are you starting to like Joy more?”

“like I said, we can talk about this at home later.”

I walked back into the store and saw Joy chatting with Bomi unnie and Eunji unnie.

“ready to go home?” Bomi unnie asked Namjoo unnie.

Namjoo unnie just nodded her head sadly, making me feel guilty.

“bye guys, don’t have too much fun!” Eunji unnie said.

Then they started walking off. I felt really bad about not saying bye to Namjoo unnie or even giving her a kiss.

“I was talking to Eunji unnie and Bomi unnie and now I’m starting to think they really forgot your birthday.” Joy said.

“r-really?” There goes my disappointed feeling again.

“it’s okay! You got me! We’ll have lots of fun” Joy said putting her arms around my shoulder and dragging me around the mall.

Namjoo POV

This girl. I can’t believe she’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter