2Eun Part 2

Apink Short Stories/One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Six Years Later. Eunji POV

“oof.”

I looked down and saw a little girl on the ground.

“hey are you okay?” I asked helping her up.

“thank you.” She said shyly.

“why are you alone? Where are your parents?” I asked looking around and saw no adult.

“she’s talking to the principal right now. I got bored and wanted to play outside.”

“did you get in trouble? Is that why your mom is talking to the principal?”

The little girl shook her head frantically, “No. I’m a good girl. I don’t get in trouble.”

I smiled at her cuteness, “then why is your mom talking to the principal?”

“I just moved here, so my mommy is trying to get my to go to school here.”

“ahh I see, how old are you?”

She showed me her hand indicating that she’s 5.

“I see. Well play safe, okay? I will see you around.” I patted her head then left.

I made my way to my classroom to get ready for my meetings with the parents. That little girl should be starting kindergarten, maybe she’ll be in my class she seems like a sweet girl.

After finding out about Naeun I had tried my best to pick myself up and move on. I didn’t know what to do at first, so Chorong unnie suggested for me to be a teacher since I love kids. After trying it out I realized that I really liked it. I’ve been teaching kindergarten for 5 years now and I love it. I’ve been focusing on teaching and trying out to be a singer so I haven’t been dating. Sometimes I’d go on a few dates, but the person never really attracted me. To be honest my mind was still filled with Naeun. I never really moved on from her. I still missed her like crazy. Suddenly my phone rang, pulling me out of my thoughts.

“hello?”

“Eunji-ah?”

“yes unnie?”

“how’s the meeting going?”

“I haven’t started yet, unnie.”

“oh oops then. Anyways, wanna grab lunch after you’re done?” Chorong unnie asked.

“why?” Usually it’s Bomi that invites me to lunch with them.

“because I want to have lunch with you, duh!”

“wait….you’re only asking me because Bomi is busy, aren’t you?”

Chorong unnie stayed quiet.

“wow I am hurt unnie! I’m only a replacement.” I faked sounding hurt.

“no! I want to spend time with you too. Come on Eunji, I’ll treat!”

“okay sounds good! I’ll text you when I’m done.”

With that, I hung up. I started gathering my papers and think about what I need to tell the parents. This was a typical thing. Before school starts I would meet with the parents to get to know them and for them to get to know me. I heard a knock on my door.

“come on in!” I said loudly.

I started arranging my papers as I heard the door opening. I looked up at saw the one person I thought I would never see again. Son Naeun. W-what is she doing here? She looked at me just as shocked as I was. Why is she here?

“omma, why are you just standing? Let’s sit.” A little girl’s voice said.

That’s when I saw the little girl beside her. It was the same little girl I was talking to earlier. Omma? Naeun is a mom? This is too much for me to handle right now.

“umm p-please have a s-seat. E-excuse me for a m-minute.” I stuttered then I got up and left the room.

I needed some air to breath. When I was out of sight from Naeun I started inhaling deeply then exhaling. I continued this until I calmed down a bit. We’re nothing to each other. It’s just a teacher meeting the student’s parents. Nothing more. I have to be professional about this. I took a deep breath then walked back in and sat down.

“sorry about that. Hi, my name is Jung Eunji. I’m the teacher for this classroom.” I introduced myself, trying to control my voice.

“Son Naeun, and this is my daughter, Joy.” Naeun said calmly.

I haven’t heard her voice in forever. It still felt like music to my ears.

“hi Joy.” I said smiling brightly.

“you’re that lady I saw earlier! Are you going to be my teacher?”

now that I look at her carefully, it’s like looking at a baby Naeun.

“yup. You don’t have a problem with that, do you?” I asked teasingly.

She shook her head, “you’re really pretty!”

“thanks, I think you’re really pretty too.” I said smiling at her.

“does that mean you think my mommy is pretty? A lot of people say I look like her.”

“yes your mom is very pretty also.” I gave a small smile.

I didn’t want to look back at Naeun after I said that. I don’t think Naeun is pretty. She’s freaking beautiful. There are no words to describe how beautiful she is. I used to always tell her that everyday. Now that things have changed it felt weird to compliment her all over again.

“well these meetings are just requirement so the teacher and the parents can meet. There’s just one question to ask. Who will be picking up Joy?” I asked looking back at Naeun. I tried really hard to be professional. I can’t show her any type of emotions.

“just me.” Naeun answered.

Just her? Does that mean her husband won’t ever pick up Joy?”

“then in the future if you are not able to pick her up, please call us and tell us if there will

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter