Chomi Part 2

Apink Short Stories/One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chorong POV

I stayed with Bomi for a week now and I’m still not used to it. I would still flinch whenever she moves her arm around me. I’m grateful towards her, but then I’m still not sure if it’s sincere or not. I’m just waiting for the day when she becomes like the others. The day she start using me and beating me if I did something wrong.

“good morning unnie!” Bomi greeted when she saw me standing by the doorframe.

It felt weird hearing her call me unnie. I haven’t had someone showed me respect in so long.

“morning.” I said as I made my way towards her.

“breakfast is ready, here we go!” She put a plate of food in front of me.

As always I just push it away from me. It’s not that I didn’t want to eat, but it just feels weird to have someone be so nice to me. Before, I had to find my own food. My previous “owners” never bothered making food for me.

Bomi sighed as she took a seat beside me. Then she pulled her chair closer to me. This was something that’s been happening every morning. I refuse to eat, then she sits dangerously close to me and feed me. I try to deny it, but she’s a very stubborn girl.

“here comes the plane!” She said in a childish voice.

“I’m not 5.”

“are you sure? You look 5 with that baby face of yours!” She said then pinched my cheeks.

“ahhhh!” I let out a sound that I have never let out before.

“how is a cutie like you older than me?” Bomi squealed.

I hate this. I hate how she’s trying to shower me with love because I’m so afraid that it’s too good to be true.

“you’re going to be late for work, go. I’ll clean up.” I said, I tried not to make it sound cold, but I couldn’t help it. After 13 years of being treated like , I was incapable of being nice to other people.

“it’s okay, my first appointment isn’t until 11. Here, eat. You’re still pretty weak, so we need to give you lots and lots of energy!”

She sounded so ecstatic when she said that it was really hard to suppress my smile. She stuck the fork with food in front of my mouth and stared at me. I was feeling weak under her gaze so I gave in and opened my mouth. I can see from the corner of my eyes that she smiled big, which made me want to smile. After the first bite she continued feeding me. I can hear a faint stomach growl coming from her, I guess she didn’t have breakfast yet. When she stuck the fork in front of my face, I gathered up all my courage and grabbed her hand. She stared at me with a surprised look. Then I turned her hand towards .

“I’m full, you eat.” I said.

“no no I’m f-” Bomi was about to say, but got interrupted by her stomach growling.

“okay, maybe I am.” She smiled sheepishly. I let out a small giggle seeing how cute she is looking embarrassed like that.

“wow it’s been one week and this is the second time I’ve seen you smile, I guess I’m finally progressing!”

“sure.”

“so what are you doing today?” Bomi asked.

“nothing.”

I felt myself being opened to Bomi, so I immediately closed myself back up. Maybe in due time I will open up to her.

“Naeun wants to go out with you, is that okay? She said last time you guys had a really good time.”

We actually did. Naeun took me out shopping, to the movies, and then we had lunch together. Never in my life have I had a day like that. It was so much fun. I was actually waiting for the day where we would go out again.

“yeah that’s okay.” I said trying to control my excitement.

“alright, well go change then, she’s going to be here soon!”

I nodded my head and then went into Bomi’s room. I felt so bad that I’ve been occupying her room. Ever since I started living here Bomi has been sleeping on the couch. I try to tell her that I can sleep on the couch, but she always refuses it. Bomi also bought me new clothes, which I also told her that she shouldn’t. I learned that Bomi does not take no for an answer at all.

I decided to dress simple, with a t-shirt and shorts. After finished getting ready I walked out of the room and went to sit on the couch. I noticed Bomi running around the apartment trying to get ready for work.

“alright, I’m off! Naeun texted me saying she’s on her way up now so have fun, okay?”

I nodded my head. After a week I still feel surprised at Bomi. There are times where she acts like a 3 year old. Then there are times where she acts as a mature professional doctor, and then there are times where she acts like a protective girlfriend.

Bomi waved goodbye one more time and gave me that goofy smile of hers then she walked out. Right after the door closed, it was opened again. I assumed Bomi had forgotten something but it was Naeun.

“hey Chorong unnie!” Naeun greeted happily and came to hug me.

“hey.” I said awkwardly patting her back. I was still not really comfortable with showing affections.

“ready to go?”

“yup!”

Naeun linked arm with me and then we walked to her car together. We got in and then she started driving off.

“where are we going?” I asked.

“shopping.”

“again?”

“you don’t like it?”

“no no, it’s just, don’t you get tired of shopping?”

“that’s like asking ‘don’t you get tired of breathing?’ Don’t worry unnie, after today you will always want to go shopping!”

I didn’t know what else to say so I kept quiet. I never go shopping much. Last time when I went shopping with Naeun that was my first time in nearly 10 years. When we arrived at the mall, Naeun found a parking space and then we got out. Naeun came to linked arms with me again, which I didn’t mind. I felt like I could become comfrtoable with Naeun. Not that I don’t feel comfortable with Bomi, but I get  a different feeling with her.

“so! What do you have in mind?”

“what?”

“what do you need to buy?”

“I don’t need to buy anything though.”

“yes you do! I think you need to buy new shoes! Come on, I know the perfect place!”

Then Naeun dragged me upstairs to a shoes store. Then she made me sit down, while she went to look around for the “perfect shoes” for me. As I was looking around the store, I felt a bit scared. What if I run into someone I know? This is why I hate going out, I’m afraid I might meet someone I knew. Across from the entrance of the store, I noticed a girl standing and talking to a guy. I squinted my eyes and inched forward little by little curious as to why does that girl look so familiar. When I got near the entrance I can see both their faces clearly. They were having some type of argument.

I turned my attention towards the girl and she looks really familiar. The structure of her face, the adorable small mole on the side of her nose, and the small burn marks above her right elbow. No. It can’t be her. H-Hayoung? It can’t be my little Hayoungie. The chances of it is just impossible. The guy grabbed Hayoung’s arm roughly and then pulled her. I quickly followed them. Soon they were in the parking lot standing, I guess waiting for their ride. This is my only chance, otherwise I will never see her again.

“Hayoung-ah?” I asked when I got near them.

The both of them turned to look at me. Now that I was closer to her I can that she is my little Hayoungie.

“do I know you?” she asked.

I guess as expected, she wouldn’t recognize me. I don’t even know if she’ll remember who I am even after I tell her. We got separated when she was 7 years old. Selling me wasn’t enough for the debt so they had to sell my little sister too. They sold Hayoung to a different person, so we were separated. I always told myself that once I was free I would go find her, but I didn’t know how to find out. Now she’s appearing before my eye.

“it’s me, Chorong unnie. Do you remember your unnie?”

“C-Chorong unnie? Really? It’s really you?!” She gasp and looked at me trying to figure out if she’s dreaming or not.

“so you remembered?!”

I ran up to her and hugged her tightly. I can’t believe after 13 years I found my little sister again. It feels like a dream come true.

“come on, it’s time to leave.” The guy that she was arguing with earlier pulled her away from me.

“who are you?” I pulled Hayoung back.

“none of your business. Now come on!” He pulled Hayoung roughly back.

I can see that Hayoung was in pain from the pulling. Why am I so stupid? Of course Hayoung is still trapped.

“take me instead.” I said trying to sound brave.

“what?” the guy said.

“you own Hayoung, right? Well take me in her place instead. Let Hayoung go.”

“unnie what are you doing?”

“why would I want you?”

“I’m pretty sure you’ve heard of Mr. Black, correct? I used to be one of his personal worker, that is until I escaped. I’m pretty sure if he finds out that I work for you now he will be pretty pissed.”

The guy let go of Hayoung’s wrist and then he stared at me. I knew that would work. Everyone wants to beat Mr. Black.

“alright. She can go if you come work for me.”

“okay.”

“unnie! No! I’m fine on my own, you’re free, just go now!” Hayoung said trying to stop me.

“let me say goodbye to her really quick then I’ll go with you.”

“fine, make it quick.”

I grabbed Hayoung’s hand and let her away from the guy, not wanting him to hear. I thought about just running off right now, but I knew for a fact that he has a gun and would not hesitate to shoot.

“Hayoung-ah, I’ve missed you so much!” I said feeling tears welling up in my eyes.

“Chorong unnie, I never thought I would see you again…” Hayoung was now crying.

“there there baby, it’s okay. The horrible part of your life is over now, okay?” I hugged her and started rubbing her back.

“I don’t wanna be apart from you again.”

“we’ll meet again soon.”

“no unnie, you should go! You deserve the free life.”

“don’t say that, unnie will be okay so don’t worry.”

I pulled back and then I gave her my purse, which had some cash in it thanks to Bomi.

“here take this, use the money to take a cab to this address. The person who live there name is Yoon Bomi, tell her that you’re my little sister. She’ll take good care of you.”

“unnie…”

“you should go now. Take care, okay? We’ll meet again soon.”

Tears were slowly running down my cheeks as I hugged Hayoung one last time. Why is the world so cruel? Just when I finally found my sister, we have to part ways again.

“hurry up!” the guy yelled.

“I’m coming!” I yelled back.

I tightened my hold on Hayoung one last time then I let her go.

“go to that address now, I don’t know if she’ll be home, but just wait outside, okay?”

“but unnie…”

“no but. You've always listened well when we were kids, I hope you listen well now. So listen to me and just go!”

Hayoung looked at me for a bit, then she turned around and walked away. She kept turning back, which only hurts me more. I’m glad she listened to me though, she always listened well when we were kids.

I walked back towards the guy and saw a car waiting for us. I guess I’m going back to that life again. I don’t regret it because at least now Hayoung is free. I feel a bit sorry towards Bomi though, but she’s the only person I can count on that will take good care of Hayoung. I’m really going to miss Bomi, Naeun, and Eunji. Especially Bomi. She showed me that not everyone is the same. There are actually some kind hearted nice people out there. I hadn’t realized it until now, but I felt myself slowly falling for her. I had deny it all at first, but now that I know I’m never going to see her again I accepted that fact that I may actually like Bomi more than a friend.

The guy forced me into his car and then we drove off.

Bomi POV

“did you find her?!” I asked into the phone.

“nope, still looking. Did you just get here?” Eunji asked.

“yeah, I’m going to look around. I’ll call you if I find her.”

I ran into the mall and started looking around everywhere. Naeun had called me about an hour ago saying that Chorong unnie is gone. She tried looking everywhere, but couldn’t find her. Then she called Eunji, and Eunji came to help, but still no luck. I finished up with my last patient and canceled the rest to come to the mall to find her. How can this be? Did someone kidnap her or something? A person just doesn’t disappear.

I looked into each stores hoping that by some miracle she will be there, but no luck. Arrgh. Where is she?! I decided to turn to my last resort and go to the security office seeinf if any of the security camera had caught her.

“excuse me! I need help!” I said to the person sitting at the desk.

“what can I help you with?”

“can I see the security video in front of Aero’s store from about 2 hours ago?”

“I’m sorry but we’re not supposed to let people see the videos without a warrant.”

UGH!

“please, it’s an emergency!”

“I’m sorry, you’re going to have to go to the police.”

I took out my wallet knowing the only way to get the video is to bribe them.

“how about I buy that video?”

“look, I’m telling you that you need a warrant or have a cop with y-”

“$500!”

“okay.”

I knew it. Money can do a lot. I handed the person money, then they opened their laptop and typed in something, then turned the screen to me. It showed the entrance of the shop, I can see Chorong unnie sitting on a chair near the door. She was looking around, then she stopped and just stared into space. After about 5 minutes Chorong unnie suddenly got up and walked out of the store.

So she didn’t get kidnapped? She left? Why would she do that? I thanked the person and then quickly went out to call Eunji.

“you find anything?” She asked.

“Chorong unnie just walked out of the store, so we can rule out kidnapping.”

“she walked out? I wonder where she went…”

“same. Let’s go back to my house and we’ll figure out things from there.”

“okay.”

I went back into my car and dove back home. I kept thinking why would she leave? Was she unhappy? Well she always looked unhappy, but that’s weird. Why all of a sudden? Did I say or do something wrong earlier? I can’t believe she’s gone like that. I grew fond of her so it would be weird around the apartment without her. Yeah she barely showed any affections, but then I felt less lonely with her there. In a way she made me feel important because I felt like I had a new purpose in life.

As I got to my apartment I noticed a girl sitting outside my door.

“can I help you?” I asked.

“oh hi! Are you Yoon Bomi?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter