Hajoo

Apink Short Stories/One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hayoung POV

“class, we’re going to do an activity so you guys will understand what is impression management. So the odd rows turn your desk to face the even row. You guys will have 4 minutes to talk and get to know each other, when the 4 minute is up the odd will move 1 seat to the right. Okay start now.”

What the heck. Couldn’t we do this in the beginning of the semester so we can make friends. We only have 3 weeks left.

“hi I’m Hayoung.” I greeted with a smile.

“I’m ----“ the girl said.

“I’m sorry, it’s really loud in here can you repeat your name?”

“yeah, I’m Elizabeth.” She said louder.

Throughout the 4 minutes it was so hard to talk to her. She talked really quietly so I had to ask her multiple times to repeat herself. Halfway through talking I gave up and just nodded my head to her talking and would occasionally smile.

“alright times up! Move guys.” The teacher said.

I moved to the next seat, there was a girl sitting there. She seems friendly and outgoing maybe she’ll be louder.

“hi I’m Hayoung.” I greeted.

“I’m Irene,” She said not giving me a smile, “this thing is so lame.”

I didn’t want to disagree and cause things to be awkward so I just agreed.

“yeah, I wonder when this will be over.” I said.

“let’s just get this over with. What’s your major?”

“psychology, what about you?” I asked trying to be nice.

“business international.”

“oh wow that sounds nice. You may have the chance to travel around.”

“ugh why do people always say that. International business isn’t always about traveling you know.”

Then for the rest of the 4 minutes she went on explaining what international business do. Then she started complaining about her classes. I couldn’t even get a word out so I just kept agreeing with her. I would nod my head occasionally. After we switched I was sitting in front of a guy. We talked and made small conversations, but it doesn’t seem like we could we friends.

After talking to about 6 people I moved onto the next row. Right away the girl in front of me caught my eye. Earlier when I was looking around I saw her and thought she was pretty cute. I was hoping that I would be able to talk to her.

“hey I’m Hayoung.” I greeted for the millionth time.

“hi, I’m Namjoo.” She greeted back happily.

“what year are you? I’m a first year psychology major.”

“I’m a second year, hospitality. Are you dorming here?” Namjoo asked.

“oh I should be calling you unnie then. Yeah I am, what about you?”

“no I drive here.”

Throughout the 4 minutes we talked nonstop. I felt myself smiling throughout the whole conversation. We had a lot in common, sometimes we both find out that we like the same thing so we would high five each other. I love the contact that we made. Sadly the 4 minute was over and I had to move onto the next person. When I got up I can feel myself smile. Aiish. I gotta stop this, she might think I’m weird. I looked back at her and saw her smiling back at me. I have a feeling she’s going to be the reason why I like this class.

After a while the teacher told us to stop and go back to our original seats. Then she gave us a bunch of questions to answer about the assignment. We had to describe at least 4 people that we met and talked about them. Right away I wrote about Namjoo unnie. I remembered every little details that she told me. Once I finished I started writing about the other people, I felt bad that I’ve forgotten their names. When class ended I met up with my friends at the door and we walked together.

“bye Hayoung-ah!” Namjoo unnie said as she walked past me. I blushed slightly, which I don’t know why.

“who’s that?” Bomi unnie asked.

“a person I met in my class earlier.”

“why are you blushing?” Eunji unnie asked me.

“I’m not blushing…” I said looking away.

“omg, is our little Hayoungie crushing on someone already?” Bomi unnie said nudging me.

“she’s cute, but I got to meet her first then I’ll tell you if I approve or not.” Eunji unnie said.

They walked me back to my dorm and the whole way there they kept teasing me about Namjoo unnie. I tried to tease them back about their girlfriends, but with two against one I was surely losing. I laid on my bed trying to think about anything, but my mind kept drifting to Namjoo unnie. She’s just so pretty and nice. I feel like we could turn into something more. We just clicked. I love those kinds of relationships. That’s how Eunji unnie, Bomi unnie, and I became friends. We just clicked and now I can’t imagine my life without them. I can’t wait for the next class. Should I say hi to her? Ahhh why am I feeling like this when I barely met her? I have three weeks to get to know her. I have to take every chance I get.

One Week Later

I’ve been really sad. Namjoo unnie didn’t come to class at all last week. I wonder what happened. She finally came to class today and I wanted to ask her what happened, but I was too scared. I turned my head a little so I can stare at her. That sounds really creepy, but she’s just so pretty! She was just sitting alone and staring into space. I so badly wanted to walk up to her desk to talk to her, but I was too scared. No. I should go. I only have two weeks to get to know her before the class ends. After 5 minutes I found the courage and got up. I made my way towards Namjoo unnie and I can feel myself shaking.

“h-hey, N-namjoo unnie.” I stuttered. Crap why did I have to stutter now of all time? Nmajoo unnie looked up at me and smiled. Oh gosh, my heart is melting from her smile.

“hey Hayoung-ah.” She greeted. What am I supposed to say now?

“sit here, just seeing you stand there makes me feel tired.” She said pointing to a seat near her. I sat down still not knowing what to say.

“so what’s up?” She asked.

“n-nothing. I was just wondering if you were okay.”

“of course I am, why wouldn’t I be?” Namjoo unnie asked giving me a confused look.

“it’s just cause you missed class last week…and yeah…” I said awkwardly.

“oh you noticed? I didn’t think anyone would notice since I sit in the back. I was just feeling sick, that’s all.” Namjoo unnie explained.

“oh, are you okay now?” I asked feeling worried for her. Why am I worried? I barely know her!

“yeah thanks for asking.” She said giving me yet another smile. My heart is going to explode soon.

The teacher walked in and we turned out attention towards her. Even though it was just a quick conversation, I couldn’t stop smiling. She was sick for a whole week? Wow I hope that she’s really okay. I wish I could have been able to take care of her. Wait. That’s weird. Aiish. I need to stop thinking about Namjoo unnie. Must focus on the teacher. After class I packed up all my stuff and started walking out the door. I felt a presence next to me so I turned and saw Namjoo unnie right next to me.

“mind if I walk with you?”

“no, it’s fine.” I said a little surprised that she was walking with me. Are we considered friends now?

“so where are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter