2Eun Part 4

Apink Short Stories/One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chorong POV

That Naeun. She better have not done anything stupid. I’m finally back in Seoul and now I’m on my way to meet her. She’s such a good child, who knew she’d do something crazy when I leave her alone for a while.

I made my way to my regular coffee shop before meeting Naeun. As I was waiting for my order, I was people watching. This was a habit of mine, I like staring at people and wondering what kind of lives they live.

“have we met before? You look familiar.” A girl suddenly came beside me asked. I looked at the girl up and down and she didn’t look familiar at all. She’s cute, but I’ve never seen her before.

“I don’t think so.” I answered.

“are you sure? I know I’ve seen you somewhere before.”

“maybe we walked by each other before, but sorry you don’t look familiar to me.”

Just then my coffee was ready so I politely said goodbye to the girl and left. I hurried and went back home to see Naeun. I was afraid that if I waste any more time she might have done something stupid.

Once I opened the door to my apartment I saw Naeun sitting at our coffee table staring into space.

“Naeun?” I inched towards her getting her attention.

“Chorong unnie!” Naeun attacked me with a hug and held onto my tightly.

“hey hey, are you okay? Even though you didn’t lose your memory a car still hit you. Are you hurt anywhere?” I asked worriedly.

“unnie…I’m not okay. I’m a horrible person.” Naeun was on the verge of crying now. so I tighten my grip on her and didn’t say anything.

Soon I felt my shoulder damp and can feel Naeun shaking due to the crying. I gently rubbed her back and waited until she stop crying.

“s-sorry about your shirt…” Naeun said once she was done.

“it’s fine. So tell me everything.” I said as we sat on the couch.

“two days after you left appa called. He was saying such kind words, trying to convince me to do this for him. I denied at first, but then he kept calling. Then two days after that I was just walking around, then a car hit me. I woke up in the hospital bed and then Eunji unnie introduced herself to me. I knew that she was the Eunji appa was talking about it. I saw my opportunity and I took it…”

“oh Naeun-ah…so then what happened?”

“I pretended that I lost my memory, so she took me in. Unnie, she’s so nice and caring and sweet. I felt myself falling for her when I knew I shouldn’t. We only spent a week together, but I felt like she’s been in life for a long time.”

“then you shouldn't listen to your dad.” I said.

“it’s too late…”

“what do you mean it’s too late?”

Naeun pointed to what was sitting on the coffee table. It was a folder. I reached for the folder and looked at it.

“h-how did you get this?”

“I was in Eunji unnie’s office alone…”

“Naeun-ah! How could you?!” I raised my voice making Naeun flinch.

Naeun put her head down and stay quiet.

“are you really going to give it to him?”

“I-I don’t know…”

“look, it’s your life so it’s your choice. I’m not going to tell you what to do, as your best friend it’s my job to show you what’s right and what’s wrong and let you decide. Personally, I think it’s really really wrong.” I said emphasizing on the word really.

“I already told him I have it, if he finds out that I gave it back…it’s not going to be pretty.”

“you’re strong you can handle it. Whatever he does to you, I’ll be right here helping you get through it.”

“Chorong unnie…why couldn’t you be here before I took this!” it was Naeun’s turn to raise her voice.

“yah! Didn’t I say not to do anything you’ll regret, you pabo!” I said knocking her on the head.

“here…” Naeun handed me the folder.

“why are you giving this to me?”

“can you give it back to Eunji unnie?”

“are you crazy?”

“please! Eunji unnie probably never gonna want to see me again. Please unnie…”

“but you love her. So just go and apologize and try to win her heart!”

“unnie you’re crazy. Please, just do this for me! I have to call appa and tell him that I’m not helping him anymore.”

“fine, but you owe me big time! Give me her company address and I’ll go. You stay here and talk to your dad, don’t cause any more troubles, okay?”

Naeun nodded her head like an obedient dog, so I patted her head.

I grabbed the file and called a cab to go to Eunji-shi’s company. I’m just glad that Naeun realizes her wrongdoings before anything bad happens. I feel bad for her though because I don’t think Eunji-shi will forgive her…well she might, but I doubt she would trust Naeun. Trust is a very fragile thing.

I paid the taxi driver and went in. The receptionist wasn’t at the table so I had to ask around as to where Eunji-shi’s office was. I got to the elevator and got off on the 6th floor. I saw her secretary sitting outside so I walked up to her.

“excuse me, is Jung Eunji in the office right now?” I asked.

“yes she is. May I ask what is it regarding?” The secretary said checking me out, "you look familiar... have we met?"

What the heck? Am do I look familiar to everyone.

“I-” I was about to talk, but was interrupted by someone.

“HAYOUNG-AH!” A voice shouted.

“unnie, keep your voice down! Eunji unnie is still really stressed out.” The girl who I assume is Hayoung said.

I looked over to the first voice and saw it was that girl that was at the coffee shop. Wow small world. The girl’s eyes shifted to me, and then she started walking towards me. Um…the way she was looking at me, it was filled with anger and hate.

“You.” She said, then she shoved me to the wall and pinned me with her hands.

“Bomi unnie, what are you doing?!” Hayoung ran over trying to get this Bomi person off of me.

“this is Park Chorong. She’s with Naeun.”

“what? That’s why you look familiar! From the picture!” Hayoung said realizing it.

“yes I’m Park Chorong, if you don’t mind, please get your hands off of me.”

“where’s Naeun?” Bomi asked ignoring my request to be let go.

“what the hell is going on here?” A girl came out of the office, I’m guessing that’s Eunji.

“Eunji unnie! This is Park Chorong.” Hayoung said pointing at me.

“C-Chorong-shi? Why are you here? Here to steal more stuff for Naeun?” Eunji-shi asked bitterly.

“if this gorilla will please let me go, then I will explain myself.”

“gorilla?!” Bomi shouted, but nonetheless let me go.

“so why are you here?” Eunji asked.

“here.” I said handing her the file.

“oh so you’re done making copies of it now you’re returning it?” Bomi said snatching the file out of my hand.

“we could have you arrested for this.” Eunji said.

“I don’t care. Look, I had nothing to do with this. I came home and Naeun was just staring at the unopened file. She feels bad and knows that she shouldn’t have done this, that’s why I’m returning it.”

“then she shouldn’t have done it in the first place.” Bomi said.

“I’m sorry, she’s sorry.” I said, as nice as I could, but Bomi was seriously pissing me off.

“sorry ain’t gonna do .” Bomi said.

“who-who are you? Can’t you see that I’m trying to talk to Eunji-shi. Why do you keep responding?”

“wow no respect at all. I’m pretty sure I’m older than you.”

“I highly doubt that.”

“oh yeah?! What year were you born?”

“you first.”

“1993.”

“1991.” I said smugly, and I can see her face turning sour.

“whatever.” She muttered.

“Eunji-shi, I really am sorry that Naeun caused so much trouble, that’s not who she is. How do I say this without getting into much details…she was neglected as a child and now is trying to get some type of approval from her dad, which is why she did what she did. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive her.”

Eunji bit her lower lip, not knowing what to say. I noticed Hayoung just standing there taking in the whole situation. I can feel Bomi sending glares at me.

“I guess my job here is done. Thank you for your time.” I said politely bowing my head then walked away.

I got to the elevator and right when the door was about to close, a hand stuck between the doors making it reopen again. Then I saw Eunji coming in.

“did Naeun really did nothing with this?” She asked.

“I don’t think so.”

“I see…”

Then silence filled the room. Soon the door opened and I walked out. I noticed Eunji was walking out too. Is she trying to talk to me?

“is there something you need?” I asked.

“no…umm have a safe trip home.” She said, then she walked the other way.

I shrug and started walking towards the exit.

“w-wait!” Eunji said stopping me.

“yes?”

“umm…ahh never mind. Goodbye.” Eunji bowed her head then walked the other way.

What in the world is she trying to do? I was about to take a step towards the exit, but was stopped again.

“is there something you need to talk about or ask?” I asked getting impatient.

“d-did Naeun say anything about me?” she asked, so quiet that I barely heard her.

“what do you mean?”

“did she say anything about me?”

“well she told me she stole your file and feels guilty about it, if that’s what you mean.”

“oh that’s all?” She sounded disappointed.

“I think so.”

Hmmm, could it be that Eunji may also have feelings for my Naeunnie?

“okay…thank you.” She said dejectedly.

I finally got outside and called a cab to go back home. Now that this is solve, I have to find a way for Naeun and Eunji to talk to each other.

“Naeun-ah! I’m home!” I shouted as I opened the door, but I didn’t get a reply.

I looked around and didn’t see anyone. I walked over to the kitchen counter and saw a note.

Called appa already. He told me I had to go to his office to meet with his manager to talk about this. Be home soon. Love you unnie <3

Why do I have a bad feeling about this? I just shrugged it off because I knew Naeun could handle herself when it comes to her dad…I hope. 

Naeun POV

It was a mistake going go the damn office. I called appa and told him that I’m not helping him anymore. He said he was too busy to talk and told me to go to the office to talk to his manager. I agreed, which was a bad mistake. I knew it too, but I still went.

On my way there two guys grabbed me and stuffed me into a van. I tried to struggle, but realized there was no point. I knew it was my dad’s men were behind this. After what felt like hours, the van finally stopped. Then I was forced out of the van. We walked for a bit until we reached some sort of storage place. We went inside and were met with darkness.

“welcome.” A man’s voice said. Then lights were and I knew whom that man was. He was the man who takes care of business for my dad. Dirty business.

“so my dad sent you to kill me huh.” I said, surprising myself that I didn’t stutter or crack my voice.

“not kill, sweetie. Just teach a lesson. You need to know whose side you belong to.” He said smugly.

“whatever.” I said.

One of the two men that were beside me, kicked me in the back of my knee making me fall to my knee. I wanted to fight back, but I knew it was useless. All I know is some self-defense stuff that Chorong unnie made me took, but they’re not good enough to take on three guys with guns.

“so I heard that you were able to get the file, but y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter