Chomi Part 4

Apink Short Stories/One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bomi POV

For the past two weeks Chorong unnie has constantly been on my mind. What she said before, about how she wasn’t the one that said those harsh words. What did she mean by that? I wanted to talk to her and get answers, but I couldn’t. I didn’t want to let myself give into her again. When Jasmine and I were walking into the school and we saw Chorong unnie, Naeun and Eunji there, I felt hurt. Hurt at the fact that Eunji is there with them. I was happy that Eunji is finally with Naeun, but I was mostly hurt. Jasmine pulled me ahead so I wouldn’t continue looking at them.

I felt grateful for Jasmine. She was always by my side whenever I needed her. We’ve been together for a long time, even though we’re together I only have sisterly feelings towards her. No matter how many times I’ve tried to think of her more than a friend, I couldn’t. Not when I felt like my heart belongs to someone else.

During first period Eunji texted me saying to meet her in the first hallway because she wanted to talk to about something that it couldn’t wait. So I excused myself and headed there. When I got there I saw a person walking around holding a gun. I was about to turned back, but the person immediately told me to stop.

“you don’t wanna do this man.” I said.

“it’s something I should do.” He said.

“just put the gun down and we can talk.”

“there’s nothing to talk about! This school and everything in it is nothing but bull. Everyone here deserves to die!”

“you shouldn’t think like that. Everyone here matters, you matter.”

“no I don’t. No one even knows who I am! I’m sorry, I don’t want to do this, but I have to.”

Then I saw his hand cocking the gun and was ready to pull the trigger. I closed by eyes waiting for the impact, but as I heard the shot, I didn’t feel any pain. When I opened my eyes I saw Chorong unnie in front of me. To my horror I saw Chorong unnie’s clothing stained with blood. No. It can’t be. Chorong unnie was losing strength in her legs, she was falling down slowly as I caught up.

“CHORONG UNNIE!” I cried out.

I looked up and saw the gunman running the other way. I wanted to chase after him and beat the crap out of him, but I didn’t wanna leave Chorong unnie’s side.

“WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!” my tears were coming out uncontrollably.

“don’t cry, you’re too beautiful to be crying.” She said as she wiped my tears away.

“unnie…don’t leave me again.” I cried out hugging her.

“best friends until the end, right?”

“always.” I said as I watched her closed her eyes.

I heard sirens coming so I started calling out for help. Soon I saw some ambulances coming our ways and helping Chorong unnie. I continued crying as I went into the ambulance truck. This felt unreal. I don’t want to lose her again. Sure it hurt when I saw Chorong unnie again after everything, but a part of me felt happy because she was here again.

When we got to the hospital, Chorong unnie was rushed into the surgery room while I waited outside. Eunji texted me asking if I seen Chorong unnie since Naeun said she never returned to the class. So I texted her telling her what happened. Jasmine also texted me asking where I am, but I didn’t feel like talking to her so I just ignored it.

After a couple of hours, Eunji and Naeun came and sat beside me. Chorong unnie’s parentscame once the school called them. They were waiting patiently and would comfort me from time to time. They would tell me how much Chorong unnie missed me and how much she would cry. After hearing those words I started crying even harder.

“family of Park Chorong?” The doctor called out as he came out of the surgery room.

“that’s us! We’re her parents.” Chorong unnie parents immediately got up.

“your daughter lost a lot of blood, so she’s very weak right now, but she will be fine.”

“oh thank god. Thank you so much!” Chorong unnie’s mom said exhaled deeply.

“she is being transported to room 248. You can go see her soon, but please remember she needs all the rest she can get so she must stay away from anything stress-related.” The doctor informed us.

“yes yes. Thank you so much!” Chorong unnie’s dad said.

I felt relieved that she would be okay. I figured that her parents would go see her so I decided to go outside for some fresh air. I found a nearby bench and sat down. My mind was all over the place.

“hey.”

I looked up and saw Eunji there.

“hey.” I said back.

“I’m sorry…”

“what are you sorry for?”

“it was my dumb idea to get you and Chorong unnie to meet at the first hallway. If I didn’t tell you guys to be there we wouldn’t be here right now.”

“Eunji-ah, it’s not your fault. The only person to blame is the person who pulled the trigger.” I said patting her on the back hoping to make her feel better.

“I know, it’s just I can’t help it.”

“let’s change the topic then. Let’s talk about something happier. I see that you finally got together with Naeun.” I said smiling.

“yeah, it was all thanks to Chorong unnie to be honest.”

“Chorong unnie is great, isn’t she?”

“she is. She doesn’t seem like the person that sent you that letter. Are you absolutely sure it was her?”

“I’m positive.” My heart felt like they were in knots when I thought about the letter.

That letter destroyed me. I remember the day so clearly. I was going back to my house with Jasmine. We were about to go in, when I remembered that I needed to get the mail. I told Jasmine to wait a bit, but then she offered to get the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter