Chomi

Apink Short Stories/One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bomi POV

I stared out of the window from my apartment, looking at the busy streets and people walking about. I puffed out my third cigarette of the morning. Hmm slow day. Usually I would be on my fifth one by now. I sighed and threw the bud into the trash. Another day, with the same old events. When am I going to die and get this over with? I looked at my hands and saw all the scars. The scars remind me that I was so close, yet so far.

My phone started ringing, I groaned and grabbed it knowing who’s calling.

“yes I’m awake and alive.” I said into the phone.

“you should say that in a happier tone!” My best friend.

I rolled my eyes. She’s trying to get me to be more positive in life.

“are you heading to work now?” I asked.

“yeah, do you want me to come get you?”

“yes please.”

“alright, be there in 10 minutes.”

I hung up and then started getting ready. Eunji has been by my side since I was a kid. She’s the reason why I’m still alive today and the reason why I’m staying alive. One person can only go through so much in life before they give up. There are a lot of lessons I learned in my 21 years of living. I learned that in life people betray you and only use you. People are naturally selfish people. They take more than they can give.

My phone made a beeping sound, so I got my stuff ready and went down to meet Eunji. I knew it was Eunji since she’s the only person I talk to, well her girlfriend also I guess.

“hey!” Eunji greeted me with her eye smile.

“sup.” I said getting into her car.

“ugh again Bomi-ah?” She said in disgust.

“hey! I only had 3 today, you should be proud of me!”

“okay fine, good job little one.” Eunji said patting my head.

“you know I am older than you AND taller than you.” I said swatting her hand away.

Eunji just stuck out her tongue and started driving off. I gave a light chuckle at her acting childishly. Only Eunji can make me laugh and smile.

“oh by the way, I have to leave early for work today.”

“how come?”

“Naeun has a friend coming out of the hospital today, and she wants me to go with her.”

“oh oh oh, can I go?!” I asked.

Eunji looked at me weirdly, “why in the world would you want to go?”

“to get out of work early.” I said.

“yah! No you can’t go.”

“please! Please Eunji-ah, please.” I said poking her arm nonstop.

“okay fine!” Eunji shouted.

“ahh thank you best friend.” I said.

“shut up.”

We got to work and then went our separate way. We worked for the same company, but different firm. Eunji is in the marketing, while I was in the accounting. Another day at a meaningless place. I walked into my office and people greeted me. I just looked at them and walked over to my table. I noticed that there was a pile of papers for me to work with. I groaned and started working on it.

Sometimes while I work my mind would drift to my past. I hate it. Because then I feel the urge to punch something or hurt myself so I can focus on that pain instead of the mental pain. Some of the memories that come back are when I was 14 and my parents kicked me out of the house. Parents are supposed to care and love you, right? Heh, not mine. They called me worthless and said I was a waste of air. Luckily Eunji was there for me and took me in, otherwise I would have died on the street. Thinking back, it would have been better to just die on the streets. Then I wouldn’t have to go through other things that I’ve been through.

“boo!”

I jumped and felt like I was going to get a heart attack. Let’s just say I have experiences in being kidnapped, so scaring me is a way to make me pounce you to death.

“YAH! How many times did I tell you not to that!” I yelled.

“at least I’m helping you get used to it, right?” Eunji said smiling.

This girl. She’s knows that I can’t stay mad at her so I’m pretty sure she pisses me off on purpose.

“what are you doing here?”

“time to go!”

“already? It’s only been an hour though.”

“yah pabo, we’ve been here for 4 hours. Wow good job, you’ve been so focused on your work that you didn’t noticed.” Eunji said patting my back.

“shut up and let’s go.”

I started pushing Eunji out. We got to her car and I decided to sit in the backseat so that way when we pick up Naeun she can sit in the front seat.

Eunji drove us to Naeun’s house and then Naeun came in and greet Eunji and I. Throughout the whole ride Eunji and Naeun were holding hands, which I thought was cute. I hope that they will last for a really long time because they belong with each other.

Hmm well that’s what I thought about my first love. I thought we belonged together, but surprise surpise she left me. That was when I lost it. I thought I had finally found someone who loves me and will look past my flaws, but then she couldn’t “handle” me so she left. That was when I started believing that I don’t deserve to live. I had tried to suicide multiple times, but Eunji was always there to save me, literally.

I hated Eunji for saving me. After my first attempt she didn’t let me out of her sight for a month. Then after the second attempt she made me moved in with her. After the third attempt she knew what would work on me, which was making me feel guilty.

“Bomi-ah, you’re my only best friend, and possibly my only friend. You’re seriously going to try to leave me?” She asked with such a sad tone.

“you have Naeun. You have your family. You don’t need me.”

“I do need you. You’re my best friend!”

“Naeun is also your best friend!”

“but she doesn’t understand me like you do. We, us. There’s only one relationship that’s like us. Bomi-ah, I really can’t imagine life without you. Please, please, I’m begging you, don’t leave me.”

“Eunji-ah, I’m just a burden to you.”

“no you’re not. Please Bomi-ah, promise me. Promise me that you will not take away your life, if you do I swear to god I will follow you.”

“okay okay! Just don’t ever say that you’re going to follow me.” I said.

Eunji started tearing up and hugged me tightly.

I was afraid that she would really follow me if I die. Eunji has a great life ahead of her, it would be ashamed for her to waste it like that.

“so Naeun-ah, what happened to your friend? Why is she getting out of the hospital?” I asked.

I noticed the expression on Naeun’s face changing.

“s-sorry…it’s okay if you don’t wanna tell me.” I said.

“no it’s fine, it’s just hard to talk about I guess,” she sighed, “one of my close friend,  Chorong unnie, she’s terminally ill. She only has about a month to live. Originally she is supposed to stay in the hospital, but since she only has a month to live she said she wanted to go out and explore the world.”

“hmm sounds nice.”

Yes there is something messed up about me. I’m jealous of a terminally ill girl because she gets to die while I live.

“I think you guys will like her though, she’s really nice and friendly.” Naeun said smiling.

Nice and friendly? Naeun must be over exaggerating. No person in their right mind would still be nice and friendly if they only have one month to live.

Soon we arrived at the hospital and we walked into her friend’s room. I saw a really pretty girl standing by the bed packing up her stuff. She’s beautiful, I give you that, but doesn’t seem like my type. I don’t even bother trying to get with people anymore, they just leave you in the end.

“Naeunnie!” The girl said happily and hugged Naeun.

Maybe this isn’t her friend? She seems way too happy and cheery for a girl who’s going to die in a month.

“Chorong unnie!” Naeun said returning the hug.

Oh. So it is the girl.

“this is Eunji unnie.” Naeun said introducing Eunji.

“ahh so you’re the famous Eunji, I’ve heard A LOT about you.” She teased.

“and this is Eunji unnie’s best friend, Bomi unnie.”

“hey! Nice to meet you!” She said smiling at me.

For the first time in a long time, I felt a small smile tugging my lip because of a stranger.

“hey.” I said.

“so unnie, we still have half a day, what do you want to do?”

“let’s go get food! I want to eat delicious food, the hospital food here .” She pouted.

She looks like a little baby doing that. Is she really older than me?

I decided to help carry her stuff while she talked to Naeun and Eunji. After putting all the stuff in the trunk of the car, we got into the car and drove off. Both of us were in the backseat, usually one person would sit on one side and the other sits on the other side. She was sitting in the middle of the seat, so she was pretty close to me.

“yah, why are you so close to me? Can’t you sit on the other side?” I asked.

“I like sitting in the middle, it’s easier to see the road and the nice view.” She said smiling.

That smile. How is she able to smile so easily? I wonder if they’re fake smiles.

“also I know I’ve been in the hospital for quite a while, but I’m pretty sure it’s rude to say yah to a person older than you.”

“whatever.” I said.

“aww is the little Bomi in a bad mood?” She asked in a baby voice then she poked my peeks multiple times.

“if you want to keep that finger, I would advise you to keep it away from me.” I said pointing my finger at her.

This girl. This freaking girl. When I had my finger pointed at her, she bit it!

“HEY!” I shouted.

“hehe.” She giggled cutely.

“looks like you two are getting along well.” Eunji said with an amused expression while Naeun laughed.

We got to the restaurant and started eating our food. Typical Naeun and Eunji were being lovey dovey towards each other, not that I hate it, it’s just…I’m kind of jealous. I wish I had someone who cared as much as Eunji cares for Naeun or Naeun cares for Eunji. Those two are really lucky to find each other.

“here.” Chorong unnie said sticking a spoon in front of my face.

“what are you doing?” I asked.

“feeding you. Seems like you’re so deep in thought that you’re not eating your food, so ahhhh.” Chorong unnie opened as en example.

“no thank you.”

“ahhhhh.” She said again.

I rolled my eyes and took that bite. I don’t know what’s up with this girl. Usually I’d just ignore the person trying to talk to me, but with her I’m giving in to everything. It’s just cause she’s Naeun’s friend and doesn’t have long to live. That’s why I’m being nice to her.

“so where to now?” Naeun asked.

“home please.” I said.

“shhhh.” Eunji said covering my mouth.

“don’t you guys have work today?” Chorong unnie asked.

“it’s okay, we took the rest of the day off to spend time with you! “ Naeun said.

“can we just take a stroll through the park?” Chorong unnie asked.

“yeah of course!”

No One POV

“wow! I haven’t been to the park in forever! It’s gotten so pretty!” Chorong exclaimed.

“geeze it’s just the park, there’s nothing special about it.” Bomi grumbled.

“not to you.” Chorong said.

The four started walking along the trail ways, Chorong and Naeun in the front, Eunji and Bomi following behind.

“yah can you stop being negative?” Eunji said hitting Bomi on the arm.

“ow! Sorry, sheesh.”

“I knew I shouldn’t have brought you along.” Eunji muttered.

“she seems really energetic and upbeat for someone that only have one month to live.” Bomi said.

“yeah, she’s a positive person. Also very strong and good at hiding her emotions. She only shows her happy side, rarely shows her depressed/sad side.”

“why?”

“she feels like it’s a burden on people, so she just tries to deal things by herself.”

“oh interesting. Eunji-ah, go on ahead. I’m gonna go smoke for a bit.”

“you seriously need to cut that down.”

“I am, well I’m trying to.”

Eunji rolled her eyes and started walking towards Naeun and Chorong. Bomi walked away from the park since it was a no smoking area. She found a nearby bench and sat down. Then she took out her cigarette and lighter. ‘You’re my only way out of this world without dragging anyone down.’ Bomi thought looking at her cigarette. She lit it up and started puffing out some air, while thinking. Thinking. That’s all she ever do. Either thinking about the past, or think about a way to die.

“don’t you know that smoking is bad for you?” A voice said.

Bomi looked up and saw Chorong standing near her. Then she sat down beside Bomi and took the cigarette out of her hand and threw it on the ground then crushed it with her foot.

“yah, I wasn’t finished with that!”

Bomi reached into her pocket and took out the cigarette box and lighter, but then Chorong immediately grabbed it out of her hand.

“hey! Give that back!” Bomi said trying to reach for it.

“no! It’s bad for you!”

“why do you care?! It’s my life!”

“a person’s life is the most valuable thing.” Chorong said.

“not mine.”

“everyone’s life is valuable! Including yours.”

Chorong wasn’t sure on what to do, so she wrapped her arms around Bomi and pulled her closer to her. Bomi struggled at first, but then she relaxed into the hug. Bomi rested her head on Chorong’s shoulder, but she didn’t return the hug.

“I may not know what type of person you are, but I know that your life is one of the most valuable thing in this world.” Chorong said softly.

From afar Naeun and Eunji were staring at the scene smiling to themselves.

“do you really like Chorong unnie will help change Bomi’s view in life?” Eunji asked.

“I’m sure of it. Chorong unnie is really bright and has a lot of patience, she will show Bomi unnie that life is worth living.”

“I hope you’re right, but then isn’t this bad though? Bomi will get attached to Chorong unnie, but Chorong unnie can be gone any time…” Eunji said a bit warily afraid that the words might also hurt Naeun.

“I think if Chorong unnie succeed with Bomi unnie, then Bomi unnie will accept whatever it is that comes into their ways.”

“how did I get such a smart girlfriend?” Eunji asked, wrapping her arms around Naeun’s waist.

“yeah you’re very lucky.” Naeun said sticking out her tongue.

“I love you, beautiful.” Eunji said leaning in and kissed Naeun.

“I love you too, pabo.” Naeun said after the kiss.

“hey!” Eunji pouted.

Naeun giggled and then ran off, while Eunji was chasing her behind.

Bomi POV

After the park, we were driving back to my house. I couldn’t stop thinking about what happened. I was really surprised when Chorong unnie hugged me. No one beside Eunji and Naeun ever hugged me since I was a kid. I don’t know why I didn’t push her away. It felt really nice having her hugged me. When she pulled back, I felt myself pulling her back and we stayed like that longer. She kept whispering soothing words into my ears, which made my heart fluttered a lot.

“we’re here!” Eunji announced.

“thanks for the ride, I’ll see you guys tomorrow.” I said getting out of the car.

I noticed Eunji turned off her engine and opened the car trunk, then Naeun and Chorong unnie got out of the car too.

“uhh what are you guys doing?” I asked staring at them weirdly.

Eunji just ignored me and then took out Chorong unnie’s bags and started walking towards my apartment with Chorong unnie and Naeun right behind.

“ummm Naeun-ah,” I said poking Naeun as we were walking, “what is your crazy girlfriend doing?”

“she didn’t tell you?” Naeun asked.

“if she told me I wouldn’t be asking.”

“uhh then I think Eunji unnie should tell you.” She said then ran into my apartment.

The hell is going on? I have a really bad feeling about this. I walked into my apartment and saw that Eunji set down Chorong unnie’s bags and they were looking around.

“is this fine with you, unnie?” Eunji asked.

“yeah, it’s really nice here.”

“yah! What the hell is going on?!” I shouted.

Eunji walked towards me and grabbed my wrist then pulled me out of the apartment and closed the door behind her. When she turned to face me, I thumped her on her forehead.

“okay I deserve that.” Eunji said rubbing her forehead.

“tell me you’re not doing what I think you’re doing.”

“please pleas please please please, Naeun and I have no room in our place! You would be doing me the biggest favor in the world. Please my awesome beautiful amazing best friend!” Eunji said with her hand clapped together and showing me her best puppy dog eyes.

“yah, how can I just let a stranger live with me?!”

“she’s not a stranger!”

“she kinda is, I just met her today!”

“but you guys get along pretty well. Please Bomi-ah, I will owe you a lot!”

“ugh!” I grunted and thump Eunji on the forehead again.

Then I walked back into the apartment, to see Naeun and Chorong unnie sitting on the couch.

“I have a spare bedroom over there,” I said pointing to the room next to mine, “there’s a restroom there too. Never go into my room. Feel free to use the kitchen and living room whenever you like.”

I felt Eunji backhugging me in appreciation. This little . She knows I can never say no to her.

“thanks Bomi unnie!” Naeun said coming to hug me too.

“I really appreciate you letting me stay here for a while, I will try my best not to be a bother.” Chorong unnie said smiling at me.

After we helped Chorong unnie set up her stuff Eunji and Naeun left, leaving me and her alone. I walked over to my window and took out my pack of cigarette, then I opened the window.

“seriously? Again?” Chorong unnie groaned and walked towards me.

I ignored her and then lit up the cigarette, then I placed it in my mouth.

“why do you want to die so badly?” Chorong unnie asked, standing right beside me now.

“the world is a cruel place, you should be happy that you’re leaving it soon.” I said a little colder than I intended.

“sorry, it just came out.” I tried to apologize.

“no you’re right, the world is a cruel place, but it’s your choice if you let it bother you.” Chorong unnie said looking unaffected by what I said.

“what do you mean?”

“Bomi-ah, everywhere you go the world will screw you over, that can’t be help. What can be help is how you respond to it. You hate the world so much for screwing you over? Well then use that to make yourself work harder in life, make yourself successful and be happy. That will be the greatest revenge on those who screwed you over because it shows that nothing can stand in your way.”

Every word that Chorong unnie said hit me straight into my heart. I never thought of it that way. The way she said all those things, she said it with determinations in her eyes.

“is that what you’re doing? Is that why you’re so positive about your situation?”

Chorong unnie nodded her head, “yup. I can’t do anything about me dying, so why not just accept it and spend the time I have left being happy? That’s my only way of saying you to the world.”

I chuckled at how she put it that way. I thought about her words as I in my cigarette again.

“YAH! Why are you still smoking after what I just said?!” Chorong unnie yelled.

“sheesh! You have a really high pitched voice. I’m gonna go deaf!” I said rubbing my ears.

I noticed Chorong unnie trying to reach for my cigarette again, so I lifted up so she won’t be able to reach it.

“give that to me!” Chorong unnie tried to reach, but failed.

“I’m not done yet!”

“give it!”

“never!”

Chorong unnie punched me in the stomach, so I groaned and used my hand to hold my stomach. As I was distracted, Chorong unnie took the chance and grabbed the cigarette out of my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter