2Eun

Apink Short Stories/One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Naeun POV

“look who just walked in.” Seulgi said

“seriously, I wonder if she’s asking to get made fun of with that outfit.” Wendy said.

I turned my head and saw Jung Eunji walking into school. She had on casual clothing, a simple shirt and jeans, but to the school it is the ugliest thing ever because Jung Eunji is wearing. Truth be told I don’t understand why the school is so against her. She’s smart, kind, beautiful, and has the sweetest smile. Maybe it’s actually my fault that the school hates her.

When she was new to this school she walked right into me spilling hot chocolate all over my clothes. The entire hallway gasped because well I was the school queen since my face always looks so cold. Normally I would have yelled at the person who did it, but seeing how apologetic and nervous she was, my heart soften. No words came out of my mouth that day. To the whole school that meant that I hated Jung Eunji, which is why people hate her. In reality, I’m infatuated by her. Of course, no one knows this.

“Naeun-ah, what do you think?” Wendy asked me.

“ugh who would wear that to school.” I rolled my eyes.

I hate this. I hate saying mean things about her because they’re not true.

We walked to class and I see people staring at us in awe. I hate all this attention. I feel like I can’t be myself otherwise they’ll judge me. That’s one of the reason why Jung Eunji catches my eyes, she’s not afraid to be herself. She doesn’t care what people think.

I got into class and took my seat. Jung Eunji sits in the row next to me and a couple of seats higher. I was happy about this seating arrangement because then I can stare at her without her noticing.

She looks really cute when she’s focusing in class. Everyday I tell myself to forget what other people think and just talk to her. As I continued staring at her I noticed a guy throwing a balled up paper at all. She just looked at the paper then turned her attention back to the board. I turned to the guy who threw it and he smirked at me, but then I shot him a glare and that smirk was immediately wiped off.

After class I was packing up my stuff when I noticed a student coming up to me.

“excuse me?” he said.

“yeah?” I answered.

“h-here.” He said nervously handing me a letter.

“thank you.” I said giving a small smile.

I’m trying my best to be nice if people try to come up to talk to me. I guess in some ways I also admire them because it must take a lot of courage to come talk to me. I wish I had that courage.

“he’s not cute.” Wendy said and grabbed the letter out of my hand.

“personality matters too you know.” I said take the letter back.

School went by fast, I didn’t have any class with Jung Eunji after that so classes were boring. I had gotten some more confession letters. I always accept them and read them. Then later I would kindly reject them.

I got into my car and drove back home. Home. Home is where I can be myself. Not the popular sometimes mean Naeun. The quiet introverted Naeun. When I get home I would lay on my bed and think about stuff. Naturally my mind drifts to her. How can she do it? The school always picks on her, but she still comes to school everyday with her head held up high. I wish I had her confidence. I wish I can get to know her. Not the rumors that I hear from other students.

“hey Naeun-ah, get ready soon, okay? Your dad and I are having some friends over for dinner in two hours.” My mom said.

“okay.” I said.

Hmm two hours. Okay I have time for a quick nap.

I woke up because I started hearing loud voices downstairs. Aiish I guess their friends are here. I got off my bed and cleaned myself up. I made myself presentable so I wouldn’t embarrass my parents. I went downstairs and saw my parents happily chatting with two of their friends in the kitchen.

“oh Naeun-ah, come say hi.” My mom said.

I walked over to them and smile. I politely bowed my head to the couple.

“hello.” I said.

“ahh she’s so pretty, she really takes after you.” The lady said.

“Naeun-ah, go play with their daughter. She’s in the living room.”

“okay.” I said.

I walked into the living room and saw none other than Jung Eunji. What the flip . 7 billion people in this world and my parents had to be friends with her parents?! She didn’t notice my presence yet because she was on her phone, so I walked closer to the couch. Then she finally noticed and looked up.

“h-hey.” I stuttered.

“hi.” She said smiling.

I felt a bit awkward, so then I sat down at the other end of the couch. She went back to using her phone.

“so…did you know our parents were friends?” I asked.

“you don’t have to talk to me, you know?” she said, eyes still glued to her phone.

“I don’t mind talking to you.” I said.

“the school would mind.”

She hit the spot there. If people were to find out that my parents were friends with Jung Eunji’s parents then I would probably start being treated like her.

“well people from school aren’t here. So let’s have a nice normal conversation.” I said scooting closer to her.

Why can’t I have this confidence when we’re in school?

“sure, whatever.” She said, then locked her phone.

“so how’s school going?” I asked.

“just plain awesome.” She said with sarcasm.

“you don’t like school? Why?” Stupid question.

“like you don’t know.” She scoffed.

“I really don’t…” Another stupid thing to say. Of course I knew. I knew how badly she’s being treated.

“you and everyone from that school are all the same.”

“no we’re not. I’m not like them.” I said.

Just then our parents walked into the living room laughing happily.

“you guys go play in Naeun’s room, we’re gonna be using the living room.” My dad said.

“come on.” I said.

I grabbed her hand instinctively and then led her to my bedroom. She’s the first person to be in my bedroom. I don’t let my friends come in, I feel like my room is just a place for me so by having other people in it…it feels tainted.

“nice room.”

She started walking around looking at stuff. Then she stopped in front of my bookshelf.

“huh.”

“what?”

“we have similar taste in books.”

“really?”

I was surprised because I love reading books, but none of my friends do so I have no one to talk to about it. I also hide the fact that I love books, because apparently having the love for reading isn’t “cool.”

“ooh Thirteen Reasons Why. My favorite book.” She pulled it out and start skimming through the pages.

“it’s my favorite book too.” I said.

“wow I didn’t think the school queen would read these kind of books.”

“don’t call me that, I hate that.”

“really? Why?” She raised an eyebrow at me.

“that’s for me to know.”

“okay then…ooh wow Ask Alice. My other favorite book!” She said excitedly and pulled that one out.

This girl must be playing with me. I had nearly 50 books on my bookshelves and she pulled out the two books that I love most.

“how did you like the part where she was about to turn her life around?”

“I loved that part!” I said, accidentally letting my excitement show.

“me too!” she said, also just as excited as me.

Then we started talking about books. We went from talking about the Percy Jackson series to talking about Legend’s series. I felt so happy to be able to talk to someone about something I love.

“don’t take this the wrong way, but wow I never thought I would be talking to the school queen.”

“stop calling me that.”

“oh right, sorry!”

“why is it so hard to believe?”

“well for one thing, I thought you hated me.”

“I don’t hate you.”

“really? That’s all I heard from people. ‘Son Naeun hates you.’”

“never believe what people say.”

“so I don’t get it. You’re so different from the school you, which is the real Naeun?”

“what do you mean?”

“no offense, but in school you have this cold y aura that really scares me, but right now you’re one of the friendliest person I’ve ever met.”

“let me ask you something, are you bothered by the way people treats you?”

“of course.”

“then why do you take it? Why don’t you defend yourself or something?”

“if I show that it bothers me, then I’m giving them what they want. The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter