Chomi Part 3

Apink Short Stories/One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bomi POV

“Eunji-ah, what are you doing?” I asked.

“what?”

“didn’t you promise Naeun to never ride the motorcycle again?”

“yeah, but me and her aren’t together anymore so it shouldn’t matter.”

Sigh. Three stupid months. Eunji and Naeun have been broken up for three months. I seriously thought they were going to make up soon, but they didn’t. Eunji started becoming her old self before meeting Naeun, the cocky annoying rude self. Naeun also changed too. She started drifting away from our group. She doesn’t hangout with us anymore, instead she hangs out with other people. When we pass by each other she just looks at us for a bit then looks away, not even bother saying hi.

“come on, Chorong unnie is waiting for us.” I said.

Then we walked into the ice cream shop. Chorong unnie was sitting by herself in a deep thought. I walked over and kissed her on the cheeks.

“hey I’m back.”

“oh hey! Hey Eunji.”

“hey unnie.”

Chorong unnie got up to go order some ice cream for us while we waited.

“have you ever thought about moving on?” I asked Eunji.

“how can I move on? I love Naeun so much, I feel like there’s no one else for me except for her.”

“that’s what I thought when you know who left me, but here I am happily moved on from her.”

Truth be told I also believe that Eunji and Naeun are perfect together. It’s hard seeing them separated like this.

“here.” Chorong unnie said handing us our ice cream.

“hey how come Eunji gets more than me?” I pouted.

“are you heart broken? I don’t think so.” Chorong unnie said.

“I am now.” I said crossing my arm.

“oh please leave this for your own time, I really don’t want to see it.” Eunji said covering her eyes.

We started talking about anything, hoping to get Eunji’s mind off of Naeun. She would give us a small smile of appreciation, but then she would go back to sulking.

We heard a very familiar laugh entering the store, so our heads immediately shot up. It was Naeun and some guy. Naeun had her arm linked with him and they were laughing happily. I looked over to Eunji and saw her with a hurt expression, but she hid it and turned back to face us.

“I’m going to go, thanks for the ice cream Chorong unnie.” Eunji said then got up to leave.

As I was watching her leave I guess Naeun just noticed us, she continued staring at Eunji as she left. Then Eunji got on her motorcycle and started driving off.

“Chorong unnie, what are we supposed to do? It hurts seeing my best friend like this.”

“I’m sorry Bbom-ah, right now we can only let time help her heal.” Chorong unnie said taking my hand.

Beside the unfortunate event between Naeun and Eunji, my relationship with Chorong unnie has been growing everyday. After our first date I decided to try to play hard to get to see how Chorong unnie feels about me. Let’s just say she was not happy when she found out.

Flashback

After our first date, I walked her to her apartment, which was across from mine. I gave her a peck on the lips and then she went inside with a smile on her face. I went into my place and started dancing happily. The date went really well and I was feeling happy about it. I haven’t felt this happy in so long.

The next day when I went out for my weekend jogging, Chorong unnie had opened the door to take out the trash. I greeted her and then went running. I wonder if Chorong unnie will do anything if I suddenly ignored her. Aiish I’m playing with fire here, but my curiosity is beating me.

After I finished running, I went to my apartment and rested in the living room for a bit before taking a shower. I heard someone knocking on my doors I went to open it.

“h-hey Bbom-ah, umm do you want to hang out today?” Chorong unnie asked.

Must play hard to get.

“nope sorry, I have a date today. Maybe next time, bye unnie!” I said and closed the door before she could say anything.

I felt bad, but maybe this is the only way for Chorong unnie to know her true feelings towards me.

Throughout the rest of the day I stayed inside doing nothing. Chorong unnie texted me, but then I never replied back to her.

It was around 7 o’clock, which was dinnertime with unnie. I walked over to her apartment and knocked on the door.

“what do you want?” Chorong unnie asked irritably.

“it’s dinner time?”

Chorong unnie was glaring at me.

“I didn’t make any.”

“why?”

“I thought you would be busy.”

“I can never be to busy to eat your food.”

“apparently you’re too busy to even reply to my texts.”

“why do you sound mad?”

“I don’t like being ignored.”

“oh sorry about that, I was sleeping.”

“well I didn’t make any food, so goodbye.”

Chorong unnie was about to close the door, but I stopped her.

“wait unnie, I gotta ask you something.”

“what?”

“will you be my girlfriend?”

“don’t you already have a girlfriend?”

“no I don’t.”

“what about your date from earlier?”

Date? Oh right I lied to her.

“oh she’s nothing, I like you more than her.”

“I don’t want to be with someone who switches around.”

“I’m not like that.”

“I thought we were becoming something, but instead you were going around dating other people too. So I don’t think I can be with someone like that.”

Chorong unnie was about to close the door again but I stopped her.

“wait wait. It’s not what you think.”

“what do you mean?”

“I lied.”

“lied about what?”

“the date.”

“why would you lie?”

“to play hard to get…”

Then I felt a pain on my head. Chorong unnie had smacked me really hard on the forehead.

“stupid stupid stupid.” She said.

“sorry…”

“you…aiish. What am I going to do with you?!”

“sorry.” I repeated not knowing what to say.

“you’re an idiot, you know?”

I nodded my head sadly.

“come here.” Chorong unnie dragged me into her apartment by squishing my cheeks together and pulling me.

Then she made me sit down on the couch. I realized that playing hard to get was a bad idea, because Chorong unnie started lecturing me for about 10 minutes about how I’m an idiot. I obediently listened to her and agreed to her words. She would occasionally grab a pillow and hit me with it.

“never do that again, okay?” Chorong unnie said sternly.

“yes ma’am!” 

“I…I was really jealous…” Chorong unnie said quietly.

“really?! Does that mean you like me a lot then?” I asked excitedly.

“yeah, but then my liking for you decreased when you pulled that stunt.”

“aww I’ll get it back up!” I said and then I started kissing her.

Chorong unnie didn’t stop me, instead she pulled me closer to deepen the kiss.

“so we’re officially together?” I asked, pulling back.

“yes.” Chorong unnie said shyly.

End of Flashback

“do you know who that guy is?” I asked Chorong unnie.

Naeun was sitting with that guy and talking and laughing. It that she wouldn’t even look at us. I understand that she’s hurt, but doesn’t mean she should ignore us. Well actually she does have the right to ignore us…because when we found out about them breaking up, Chorong unnie and I went to Eunji to comfort her and we didn’t call Naeun or anything until later.

“nope.” Chorong unnie said shaking her head

 “I wonder what’s their relationship…”

“do you think Naeun would move on?”

“I don’t know…Naeun and Eunji really liked each other. They’ve been together for 2 and a half years so it would be hard to move on from that.”

“I can’t believe they’re not together, they’re such a cute couple.”

“not as cute as us though, right?” I smile cheekily.

Chorong unnie giggled a bit and then kissed me. I never thought I would fall in love again. After my first heartbreak I told myself to never love another person.

Suddenly my phone rang. I took it out and noticed that it was an unfamiliar number.

“hello?”

“hello, is this Yoon Bomi?”

“yes this is she.”

“I’m sorry to say this, but your friend, Jung Eunji, has been involved in a car accident. We need you to come to MK hospital right now.”

As the person finished the sentence I dropped my phone and was left in shock.

“Bbom-ah! Are you okay? What’s wrong?!” Chorong unnie asked.

“E-Eunji…she’s h-hurt…” I started tearing up.

“what do you mean she’s hurt?!”

“c-come on, we gotta g-go to the h-hospital.”

I grabbed Chorong unnie’s hand and ran to the car. That pabo! I told her to never ride that motorcycle again. I shouldn’t have let her leave. I should have made her stay and eat ice cream with us.

“hey hey slow down, we might end up in the hospital too if you keep going this fast.” Chorong unnie said.

I noticed that I was going 65 mph on a local street. I slowed down a bit, but not by much. When we reached the hospital we both ran to the receptionist desk.

“J-Jung E-Eunji. Where is she?!” I accidentally shouted.

“let me check.” The person said.

She typed something into the computer and then she turned to us.

“she’s in room 335. Use that elevator and it should be on your right.”

“thank you!”

We ran to the elevator and then went in. It felt like forever. Eunji is in a room now so she should be fine, right?

“unnie…I’m so scared.” I cried out.

Chorong unnie grabbed my hand and held it tightly. When the door opened we ran into the room. I saw Eunji laying on the bed with her eyes closed. Her arm was in a cast and she had scratches and marks all over her body.

“Eunji-ah…” I sobbed as I went to her side.

Chorong unnie was talking to a doctor that was nearby.

“pabo, you better not leave me.” I said.

Chorong unnie came back in and came to my side.

“don’t worry Bomi-ah, she’s going to be alright. She was riding her motorcycle when a car hit the end of it making her lose control. There’s nothing major wrong with her, just a broken arm and scratches. She’ll be okay.” Chorong unnie rubbed my back.

“then why isn’t she waking up?”

“an injured person needs their rest.”

“Chorong unnie, you can go home first. I’m going to stay here until she wakes up.”

“are you crazy? She’s my friend too. I’m going to stay right here.”

“thanks unnie…”

Chorong unnie hugged me tightly. ‘Eunji-ah, you are so dead once you wake up.’ I thought to myself.

Naeun POV

I noticed Bomi unnie and Chorong unnie in a state of panic and then they rushed out of the ice cream shop. I wonder what happened, is everything okay?

“Naeun-ah?”

“huh?”

“oh you were spacing out.”

“oh sorry. What was your question?”

“I was asking if you and your family are going to go on vacation for Christmas again.”

“I’m not sure actually, we usually do last minute planning.”

My cousin, Taemin oppa, came by to visit today. I brought him to my favorite ice cream shop not expecting to see the unnies there. When I went in I can feel them staring at me. I tried not to look back at them. When we sat down, I noticed Eunji unnie getting up to leave. My eyes followed her. I saw her getting on her motorcycle. She’s riding that again? She promised me she would never ride it ever again. She also promised that we’d be together for a long time, guess promises meant nothing to her.

Taemin oppa continued talking about what was happening in his life. I would sometime glance at Bomi unnie and Chorong unnie. I felt happy that they were together. I also felt sad because I couldn’t go talk to them and have a normal conversation. When Eunji unnie and I broke up, both of them went to Eunji unnie. I felt really lonely and lost. After a couple of days Chorong unnie came to my house and comforted me. I was grateful for her, but then since Bomi unnie and Eunji unnie were best friends Chorong unnie had to mostly spend time with them, so I was alone most of the times.

“ready to go?” Taemin oppa said.

I heard my phone beeped so I checked it. It was a text message from Chorong unnie.

Eunji got into an accident, come to MK hospital room 335 whenever you can.

What?! Eunji unnie is hurt?! Oh crap is she okay?!

“oppa, can you drive me to the hospital? It’s an emergency!”

We hurried to his car and then started driving off. When we got there I told him that he can just go. Then I started running to the stairs to go find room 335.

When I got there I saw Chorong unnie and Bomi unnie sitting beside E

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter