2Eun

Apink Short Stories/One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunji POV

“morning Naeun!” I greeted happily.

She just looks at me with those cold eyes and walks away. Sigh. This is how it’s always been.

“yah, why do you keep trying?” Bomi asked.

“I’m pretty sure I can get through to her sooner or later.”

“I doubt it. I can’t believe the school sweetheart fell for the school cold witch.”

“she’s not a cold witch, she’s just…independent.”

“yeah sure. Come on, we’re going to be late for class.”

Bomi and I walked into our class. We walked to our seats, which was near Naeun. I sat right beside her. I made eye contacts with her so I smiled, but she just glared at me and looks away.

“so it’s that time of year again! We’ll being working on our Pet Project. The way we’ll be picking partners is, each of you will randomly pick out a piece of paper out of this container and you guys will find the person with the same number.”

The teacher walked around letting the students pick out their paper. I looked at mine and it said 5.

“psst, what did you get?” I whispered to Bomi.

“12, you?”

“5.”

Dang it. Now I was hoping that Naeun got the same number as me.

“hey Naeun-ah, what did you get?” I whispered to her.

Of course she didn’t respond. Why would she? Why do I even try? My heart breaks into pieces whenever she ignores me, yet I still keep trying.

“alright, go scatter around and find your partner.”

I started walking around trying to look for my partner, when I walked past Naeun’s desk I took a peek at her paper and saw that she was number 8. I should find the other person that has 8, then we can switch and I can be partnered with Naeun.

I started asking around for 8, soon I found it.

“hey, let’s trade number.” I said.

“why?” the girl asked.

“you have 8, right? Naeun has 8, you wouldn’t want to be partners with her, do you?”

“she has 8?! Okay here, let’s switch.”

Yes! I took the paper and then walked back to Naeun smiling. She just looked at me, again with those eyes. I took a seat beside her.

“looks like we’re partners.” I said smiling wide.

Naeun continued staring at me. I felt like a small defenseless puppy under those gazes.

“uhhh…what animal do you want to do it on?” I asked.

Naeun kept quiet.

“you know this project is 40% of our grade, we’re bound to communicate about it or else we will fail, so let’s start now.”

“alright class! I have a meeting to go to, so I will have to end class early. Remember, your project is due in two weeks!” The teacher announced.

I looked at Naeun and sighed. I started packing up my stuff and walked out the door to wait for Bomi outside. Naeun walked past me, but then stopped.

“the library, at 3 today.” She said, then she walked off.

I felt myself smiling happily. It’s been so long since I heard her voice! Yes! We’re hanging out at the library later today! I’m so excited.

“yah, what’s with the creepy smile?” Bomi lightly slapped my cheeks.

“Naeun just told me to meet up with her at the library later!” I said happily.

“whoa she talked to you? Amazing!”

“I know right!”

“just be careful, I don’t want to see you hurt or anything.”

“aww is my Bomi caring for me?” I asked sweetly and hugged her.

“yah! Never. I repeat, never ever do that again.” Bomi said jerking out of my grip.

“sheesh, can’t I show love to my best friend?”

“I already got all the love I need from my Chorong unnie, I don’t need yours.”

“speaking of unnie, when is she coming?”

“two weeks. Argh. Why did she have to be so nice and selfless and go help other people in different countries?” Bomi pouted.

“you baby.” I said punching her.

Bomi and I walked to our car and then drove back to our apartment. Since today was Monday we only had one class, thank you college schedules.

“so what are you doing to do until 3?” Bomi asked.

“sleep.”

“wow you pig.”

I stuck my tongue out at her and then went to my room and laid down. This is the first time where I’ll be hanging out with just Naeun. I’m scared of what might happen, yet I’m also excited. Maybe I’ll hear her talk more. Ahhhh. I can’t believe it. Since the first day I saw her I fell for her. I don’t know how it happened, but it just did. Bomi thinks I’m crazy for falling for her because she’s really cold towards me. Whenever I say hi, she glares at me and walks away. When I make conversations, she ignores me. It hurts so much to be ignored by the one you love, but it's better to try than do nothing at all.

I got to the library at 2 because I didn’t want to take chances of me being late. When I got to the library, I didn’t expect to see Naeun at all, but there she was sitting at a table alone. Should I just go sit with her? Well it’s only 2…maybe I’ll spy on her for a bit.

I hid behind some bookshelves and stared at her. She was reading a book and sometimes she would look at her phone and reply to whoever is texting her. Huh, I wonder who is she texting. Man that person is luck to have Naeun text them.

Holy crap. I just saw Naeun smiling. This is the first time ever. Wow that person must be someone special. Naeun look so beautiful when she smile. She should seriously smile more often.

Soon I figured that I was being creepy, so I walked around the book shelf and then walked to Naeun’s table.

“oh hey you’re here early.” I said casually.

“let’s get to work.” She said.

“alright then.”

I put down my backpack and took out my laptop and books. I noticed she was also taking out her laptop. When she opened it, I saw that she wallpaper was a picture of her smiling with another girl. They look so happy. I guess Naeun noticed me looking so she quickly opened up a browser to cover it.

“so what kind of animal do you want to research on?” I asked.

“what do you want?”
“I’m fine with anything.” I answered.

“then let’s just do it on the polar bears since we learned about them.”

“sounds good!” I said giving a smile, hoping that she would return it, but nope.

We started doing our own research about polar bears. I would occasionally glance at her, only to see her be so focus on the research. I thought it was really cute seeing how focused she looks, I couldn’t help but feel sad at the glares that she gives me.

“are you done?” She asked, her eyes still glued to the screen.

“n-no.”

“then stop looking at me and start working.” She said bitterly.

I nodded my head and turned my attention back to my laptop. There goes the last piece of hope that I was trying hard to hold on to. I don’t think I’ll ever get through to her.

“here, type in your e-mail.”

She slides over her laptop to me, so I started typing my email. I looked at what she was sending to me and it was all the research that she just did. . She did a lot and in such a small amount of time too!

“since we’re done, I’m leaving.” Naeun started packing up her stuff.

“already?” I asked.

“I would appreciate it if you leave me alone from now on.”

With that said Naeun walked away leaving me dumbfounded. Have I been bothering her that much to the point where she has to tell me to stop? I continued sitting there not knowing what to do. I seriously can feel my heart breaking and it hurts. This is stupid, why do I feel so hurt over someone that wasn’t even mine in the first place?

Naeun POV

Wow that was pretty mean to of me. I hate being mean to her, but I have no other choice. I’m so tired of people. People always come into your life saying that they will stay and be by your side, but sooner or later they leave. No one stays in your life forever.

I walked back home and was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter