2Eun/Chomi Part 1

Apink Short Stories/One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1998

“Naeunnie! Ready or not I’m coming for you!” 5 year old Jung Eunji called out then started running to find her best friend. She looked behind every tree. Then she ran into the house and started searching everywhere. She ran pass a closet, but immediately stopped when she heard some giggles coming from it.

‘ha, I got you now Naeunnie.’ She opened the door and shouted, “boo!” causing the little 4-year-old girl to scream.

“ahhh, how do you always find me so fast unnie?” Naeun pouted.

“I’m your best friend, I’ll always find you fast.” Eunji said proudly.

2000

“Happy Birthday Naeunnie!” Eunji shouted and ran to hug her best friend.

“thanks unnie!” Naeun happily returned the hug.

“here you go! I hope you like it. I made it myself!” Eunji handed tiny a small present.

Naeun opened it and inside was a bracelet, with beads that said “2Eun Forever.”

“wow it’s so pretty! Thank you unnie!” Naeun attacked Eunji with another hug.

“look I made it adjustable so you can wear it even when you’re older! And look I made one for me too, so we can match!” Eunji said excitedly showing Naeun her bracelet.

“2Eun Forever, dose that mean you’ll be in my life forever?” Naeun asked excitedly.

“of course! As long as you have the bracelet then I’ll always be here. If you ever lose this bracelet then I’ll know that you don’t want me in your life anymore.”

“alright unnie, I’ll keep it safe then because I want you to be my best friend forever! Also it goes the same for you, so you better keep it safe.”

2003

“Eunji unnie!” 9 year old Naeun cried out.

“Naeunnie? What’s wrong?” Eunji came running to Naeun side and knelt down right beside her.

“it hurts!” Naeun started crying at her bloody knee.

“don’t cry, it’s okay! I’m here, I’ll take the pain away.” Eunji kissed Naeun on the cheeks and then took out a Band-Aid and gently put it on Naeun’s knee.

“ta-da! Now with my magically kiss you will feel better!” Eunji said then leaned in and kissed the Band-Aid, “does it still hurt?”

“wow! It doesn’t hurt anymore, unnie you’re amazing! Thank you.” Naeun said hugging the older one.

“no problem Naeunnie, I’ll always be here for you.”

2007

“Unnie, let’s hangout today!” Naeun said as she linked arm with Eunji.

“sorry Naeun-ah, I have plans with In-guk oppa today.” Naeun felt hurt that Eunji called her Naeun-ah instead of Naeunnie. Right then she knew things were changing between them.

“but you hung out with him everyday this week! And last week you were hanging out with Bomi unnie. You haven’t hung out with me in so long.” Naeun pouted.

“next time, okay?” Eunji patted Naeun’s head and then walked to In-guk.

‘That unnie, I thought we were best friends.’ Naeun walked home alone feeling mad at Eunji.

Present Time Naeun POV

My first day of junior year. Usually people are excited for first day of school, but I was dreading it. People would be excited because they get to meet up with their old friends. As for me, I had no friends. I started isolating myself when I drifted away from Eunji unnie. Sigh. Eunji unnie. She was my best friend since we were kids, but she started making new friends and she no longer had time for me. It hurts a lot. Eunji unnie made me realized that I shouldn’t trust people so easily; I shouldn’t give my full trust to them. I gave my full trust to Eunji unnie, and that only led me to being hurt. She promised to always be by my side, but she was never there for me after she made new friends. She tried to invite me to hangout with her friends before and I would agree, but then she would ignore me and only pay attention to her friends. It was as if I wasn’t there.

I walked into my class and I noticed that Eunji unnie was in my class. Its time like this is when I regret skipping a grade. I had skipped a grade back when I was a kid because I wanted to be with Eunji unnie, now seeing Eunji unnie just hurts. I went to sit all the way in the back, Eunji unnie noticed me walking by and tried to say hi, but I returned the gesture by giving her a cold glare. How can she still try to talk to me when she broke all her promises and left me? She would occasionally say hi to me whenever we see each other, but I never responded. All I want was an explanation and an apology to why she kept bailing on me.

Class had started and everyone went to their seat. The teacher thought it’d be fun to do a small experiment on the first day to show what this science class will be about. So she assigned us partners and we each went to a table with our materials. I was happy that I was partnered with Park Chorong because she was also a quiet person. I felt more comfortable with a quiet person than other people because I felt like I relate to them. We started doing our experiment, I tried to focus, but it was really hard because Eunji unnie and her partner were also working on the same table as me. I would occasionally glance at her and every time I do, my heart would break.

“argh!” I yelped in pain. I had forgotten that the small pot was hot so I grabbed it and burned my hand.

“omo are you okay?” Chorong unnie came and inspected my hand.

“Naeunnie! Are you alright?” Eunji unnie also came to my side and held my hand worriedly. I was surprised at her sudden action, I was more surprised when she called me Naeunnie. I haven’t heard her call me that in a long time.

“I’m fine.” I jerked my hand away from Eunji unnie and I can see a hurt expression on her face.

“are you sure you don’t need to go to the nurse? Your hand is getting really red.” Chorong unnie asked worriedly.

“I’m fine, don’t worry, let’s just finish the experiment.” I said giving a small smile to Chorong unnie.

Eunji unnie gave me a soft look and then went back to her partner. My hand was hurting a lot, but I ignored it because I didn’t want Chorong unnie to do all the work herself. After we finished I went to the restroom to carefully inspect my hand without a certain someone staring intently at me. I started washing my hand and it still burned a little. I looked at it and it was still really red. Aiish what do I do?

“here put this on.” A voice said suddenly making me jump.

Eunji unnie walked closer to me and then grabbed my hand gently to help put the ointment on.

“it’s fine, I don’t need it.” I said coldly then jerked my hand away.

“don’t be stubborn.” She grabbed my hand and then started putting it on. The cool feeling from the ointment made my hand feel so much better.

“there, now be careful with that hand, okay?”

“thanks.” I muttered.

“Naeun-ah, why are you so cold and mean to me?” Eunij unnie asked.

I scoffed at what she said then made my way out of the restroom. How can she ask me that? She should know why.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter