Chomi/2Eun/Hajoo

Apink Short Stories/One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A Couple of Years Ago

“stop it!” 7 year old Naeun cried out.

“look at this baby!” A boy said, while his friends were laughing.

“shorty!” Another boy taunted.

“give it back!” Naeun tried to jump to get her doll back, but couldn’t reach.

“if you can reach it, I’ll give it back to you.” The boy started throwing the doll to his friends.

“HEY!” a girl shouted causing them to turn their head, “give that back to her!”

“why should we listen to you?” the boy sneered.

“you all can leave with your pride, so I can kick your and leave your pride damaged. Your choice.” The girl said shrugging.

“HA! You can take the three of us?!” then they all started laughing.

“wanna try me?”

“wow this girl is really looking for trouble.” One of the boys said.

They started coming at her, Naeun stared at the scene feeling frightened. She was frightened already, but now she was feeling frightened for the girl too. What is going to happen to her? What if all those boys beat her up? Naeun started crying, feeling guilty for dragging someone into her problem.

As the boys started coming towards the girl, the girl just stood there waiting for them. Soon one of boys tried to grab her, but she immediately defended herself and flipped him over. The two boys saw this was shocked, so they went at her at the same time. The girl dodged all their attacks and smashed their heads together.

Soon the three boys were laying on the ground from the pain.

“now your pride will never be fixed.” The girl said.

She picked up the doll from the ground and walked to Naeun.

“this yours?”

Naeun nodded, staring at the girl with amazement.

“are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere?” the girl asked.

Naeun shook her head.

“you’re not much of a talker, are you?”

“not really…” Naeun let out a whisper.

“that’s okay! Where do you live? I’ll take you home.” The girl stuck out her hand. Naeun was always told to never talk to strangers or go anywhere with them, but the girl saved her so she must be a good person, right?

Naeun took the girl’s hand and held onto it. The girl gave a light squeeze then gave Naeun a smile.

“so what’s your name?”

Son Naeun. Y-yours?”

“Park Chorong! How old are you? You don’t look my age.”

“I’m 7.”

“yup I was right. I’m 9, so I guess I’m your unnie!”

Chorong asked Naeun where she lived, so Naeun led her to her house. The walk was expected to be silence since Naeun is very quiet, but throughout the walk Chorong was talking. Even when Naeun didn’t answer, Chorong continued talking.

They got to the front of the house and Chorong knocked on the door.

“oh Naeun-ah! I thought I told you to stay in the backyard!” Naeun’s mom said hugging Naeun, while Naeun mumbled sorry.

“thank you for bringing her back!” Naeun’s mom said to Chorong.

“no problem!”

“Chorong? What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be going home?” Another voice said, coming to the door.

“omma? What are you doing here?” Chorong was surprised.

“I’m visiting my friend. Well I guess since you’re here, come in.” Chorong’s mom led Chorong into Naeun’s living room.

“Uji, this is my daughter that I told you about!” Chorong’s mom said gesturing to Chorong.

“hello, I’m Park Chorong, nice to meet you.” Chorong said politely.

“ahh! She’s so cute. You know my daughter, Naeun. What a coincidence that our kids knew each other! Why don’t you guys go play in Naeun’s room then.” Naeun’s mom said gesturing for the two kids to go to the bedroom.

Naeun shyly led Chorong into her bedroom. Once they were inside Chorong started walking around the room looking at everything. Naeun felt awkward, because she felt like Chorong was judging her based on her room. After a moment of awkward silence Chorong started the conversation again.

Soon without realizing it, they talked for several hours. Although they met that day, they became close pretty fast. When it was time to leave, Naeun didn’t want Chorong to leave. Chorong promised Naeun to come over again the next day, which she did. Thus a beautiful friendship began.

Present Naeun POV

“wow unnie you look so dead.” I said as Chorong unnie reached the front of the school.

“thanks.” Chorong unnie muttered.

“how many hours of sleep did you get this week?”

“about three…” Chorong unnie said yawning.

“you’re studying too hard! Get some rest soon, okay?” I said putting my arms around her shoulder.

“arrasso.”

Chorong unnie walked me to my first class, as we do everyday.

“have fun, Naeun-ah!” Chorong unnie said, patting me on the head.

“ahh you know I’m not gonna.” I pouted.

“you’re always like this everyday, but you always end up having a good day.”

“I wish I can skip a grade so I can be in the same class as you everyday.”

“but I don’t want you in my class.”

“so mean!”

“I’m just kidding Naeun-ah! Hang in there, just a couple more hours and we’ll see each other again.”

“alright, bye unnie!” I said waving goodbye.

“bye, remember to have fun! And tell Hayoung I said hi.”

“will do!” I shouted.

I didn’t really like school because I was apart from Chorong unnie. It may sound like I’m obsessed with her, but I’m not. We’re just really close. She’s someone that has been by my side since I was a kid. She always protected me and was there for me. She was my hero. She’s very protective of me, and I am to her also. Sometimes I feel like I’m holding her back because she’s always with me and never really making new friends, but she tells me that it’s fine and that she doesn’t mind at all.

I walked into my class and immediately found Hayoung sitting next to her cousin. Hayoung was one of my other friend, we’re close, but not Chorong and me kind of close. She hangs out with her cousin and other friends most of the times, but sometimes she would come to hangout with us.

“Naeun unnie!” Hayoung said waving her hand.

“hey!” I greeted.

I noticed Hayoung jabbed her cousin with her elbow.

“uhh h-hey.” Her cousin said.

“hi.” I said awkwardly.

I always wondered if her cousin doesn’t like me. She never looks at me and only greets me when Hayoung tells her to. It kind of , because I think she’s pretty cute and would love to be friends with her, but I hold myself back.

After the awkward greeting Hayoung just rolled her eyes and hit her cousin on the arm. Class had started, and naturally no one pays attention. Hayoung was busy doodling Namjoo’s name on her notebook. While her cousin, Eunji unnie, was sleeping.

“Jung Eunji!” The teacher called out.

“y-y-yes?” Eunji unnie’s head shot up.

“so what is the answer?”

“errmm…” Eunji unnie looked over to Hayoung, while she shrug since she didn’t pay attention either.

“5.” I whispered.

“5?” Eunji unnie said.

“good job, but please pay better attention next time and not rely on your classmate’s help.” The teacher said, then went back to her lecture.

“thank you!” Eunji unnie mouthed to me, which made me smile because after the thank you she gave me her eye smile.

Eunji unnie went back to sleep, while Hayoung continue daydreaming. I’m pretty sure she’s daydreaming about Namjoo, she always is. I’m waiting for the day they finally get together, because both of them likes each other, but are too damn afraid to admit it.

After my first class, Hayoung walked me to my second class since hers is nearby.

“hey, does Eunji unnie not like me or something?” I asked.

“huh? Why would you think that?”

“I don’t know, usually when I see her with other people she’s so outgoing and talkative, but with me she’s so quiet and awkward. She also doesn’t greet me unless you force her to. I thought we were somewhat friends…”

“oh… eh don’t think much about it. Eunji unnie is weird. You should hangout with us more often so you guys can become close!”

“sure, maybe we can hangout during lunch today.”

“awesome! Chorong unnie will be with you, right? I miss her! You’re always hogging her.” Hayoung said playfully nudging me.

“well she is MY best friend.” I said sticking my tongue out.

We bid our goodbyes and I went into class. In my second class the only person I knew was Bomi unnie and Namjoo. I’m friends with Namjoo, but not really with Bomi unnie. Bomi unnie is pretty close to Chorong unnie though, so I just try to be close to Bomi unnie.

“hey.” I greeted as I sat near them.

“hey Naeun unnie!” Namjoo greeted, while Bomi unnie gave me that ‘sup nod.

 

 “so how were your classes?” Chorong unnie asked.

“good! Boring, as usual. Yours?”

“same.”

“Chorong unnie!” Hayoung shouted and ran to hug her.

“Hayoungie!” Chorong unnie squealed happily and hugged Hayoung tighter.

“how come I never get a hi like that?” I asked sadly.

“because I see you too much!” Hayoung said laughing.

“hey Eunji unnie!” I said happily, hoping for her to give me that sweet smile of hers.

“hey.” She said, gave me a small smile, much to my disappointment.

Eunji POV

Freaking Hayoung. She knows how nervous and scared I get when I’m near Naeun, yet she’s making us eat at the same table as them.

The reason why I get scared and nervous is because I can’t believe she’s near me. I’ve had a crush on her for a while now. Usually I’m friendly and outgoing, but when I’m near her, I lose the ability to talk. I want so badly to talk to her, but it just doesn’t come out!

“yo Jung Eunji!” Bomi shouted, then came up behind me to put me in a headlock.

“Yoon Bomi. You have three seconds to let go, or I will pound you to death.” I said trying to get out of the hold.

“you’re no fun!” Bomi whined, and plopped herself beside me and started eating my food.

“yah!” I smacked her on the head.

“ow!” Bomi rubbed her head.

“sheesh unnie, I’m pretty sure Bomi unnie is a pabo because of you.” Namjoo said.

“oh what the heck when did you get here?” I asked.

“I came here with Bomi unnie.”

“oh oops, I didn’t even noticed.”

“because you were too busy thinking about someone.” Namjoo said teasingly.

“who?” Naeun asked suddenly.

“n-no one.” I stuttered.

“what are you guys doing here? You’re crowding the table.” Hayuong whined.

“you don’t want me here?” Namjoo asked.

“n-no, that’s not what I meant. Of course I want you here, it’s the gorilla unnie that I don’t want.”

“yah!” Bomi shouted at Hayoung.

While all these commotions were going on, I noticed that Chorong unnie would take secret glances at Bomi. I’ve always had a feeling that Chorong unnie likes Bomi. Wow I just realized that we have a really complicated situation here. Chorong unnie likes Bomi, but Bomi is a pabo and oblivious, she won’t notice until someone tells her. Hayoung and Namjoo has a huge crush on each other, but are too afraid to admit it. As for me I have a crush on a girl who I can’t talk to. The story of a teenager’s life.

“you should confess to Namjoo.” I leaned in and whispered to Hayoung.

“whoa, where did that come from?” Hayoung whispered back.

“just a thought.”

“I think I will pass.”

“come on!”

“then you confess to Naeun unnie.”

“fine! Only if you and Namjoo get together.” Pfft as if.

“really?!” Hayoung stopped whispering and said out loud.

“huh?” the others looked at us weirdly.

I just nodded my head. Hayoung gave me an uncertain glare first while the others stared at us in confusion.

“okay deal.” Hayoung whispered back.

She is going to kill me when she finds out that I’m not going to confess to Naeun, but she will thank me…I hope.

“so what are you guys doing after school today?” Namjoo asked.

“I got a date.” Bomi said happily. All of us except for Bomi took a quick glance at Chorong unnie. She had a sour and sad expression on her face.

“really? With who?” Hayoung asked.

“that’s for me to know, and for you to find out.” Bomi said winking.

“gross. What about all you guys?” Namjoo asked.

“I gotta go home and study.” Chorong unnie said sadly.

“then I guess I’m hanging out with Hayoung again today.” Naeun said.

“wow I’m your second choice, I’m hurt!” Hayoung said pretending to be hurt while I rolled my eyes.

“wait, but I thought we were going to get ice cream together?” I asked.

“oh yeah huh, well all three of us can go get ice cream together!” Hayoung said.

Crap now Naeun will be there and things will be super awkward.

“okay.” I sighed.

“wait, what about me? I got no plans.” Namjoo pouted.

“you can join us too!” I said putting my arms around Namjoo.

This is perfect. Hayoung can finally confess to Namjoo. I started smiling evilly as I was thinking about it. Suddenly there was a siren indicating we were going to get an announcement.

“ATTENTION STUDENT! Those of you who are in class A, you all will go to class C today.”

“ahh crap that’s my class.” I said.

“you’re class A? oh then you can walk Naeunnie to class since she’s in class C.” Chorong unnie said.

“w-what?”

“it’s okay if you don’t want to, I can walk alone.” Naeun said, making me flinched at the coldness in her voice.

“no I don’t mind. We should go now since the class is pretty far and lunch ends in 5 minutes.” I said getting up.

This is seriously going to be awkward. Naeun grabbed her stuff and also got up. We bid goodbye to the others. I noticed Hayoung giving me a wink and a smirk.

“so…how’s your day going?” I asked breaking the awkward silence as we were walking.

“good. Yours?”

“good good.”

Then it got quiet again. What do I talk about? Why is this so freaking hard?!

“how come you’re so quiet around me?” Naeun asked, surprising me with her straightforwardness.

“because you’re so pretty.” I said automatically, “holy .” I quickly covered my mouth.

“huh?” Naeun looked at me.

“umm I mean, sorry. It’s just we don’t know much about each other, so I still feel a bit shy.” I semi lied. I mentally pat myself on the back for coming up with it so quickly.

“oh well let’s get know each other now!”

“errm okay.”

Naeun started asking me questions like ‘what’s your favorite color?’ ‘what kind of music do you listen to?’ and other questions. We found out that we have absolutely nothing in common. We’re very opposite of each other. This is making me lose confidence in being with her.

Bomi POV

“unnie! Wait up!” I said running up to Chorong unnie.

“oh hey Bbom-ah.” She greeted giving me a small smile, which made my heart flutter.

“are you going home already?”

“yeah.” Chorong unnie said weakly.

“are you okay? You don’t sound alright.” I asked worriedly.

“I’m fine, I’m just really tired. Haven’t been getting much sleep.” Chorong unnie yawned.

“will you be okay walking home by yourself? Do you want me to take you home?”

“yeah I’ll be fine, don’t worry. Plus you have that date of yours. Bye Bomi-ah.” Chorong unnie waved goodbye and started walking away.

I watched as she walked away, but then I saw her holding her head. Omo is she okay? Then she just dropped to the ground. Students started gathering around her to see what happened. I ran to her and saw her unconscious on the ground.

“Chorong unnie?!” I said lifting her head a bit and shaking her.

Luckily her house is nearby so I asked some people nearby to help put her on my back. Then I piggybacked her to her house.

I knocked on the door, but it seems like her parents aren’t home. Crap what am I supposed to do? I gently put her down against the door and rummage through her backpack trying to find keys.

Finally I found her keys and opened the door. I picked up Chorong unnie again, just then she was slowly waking up.

“Bomi-ah…?” Chorong unnie said weakly.

“hold on!” I said.

Then I brought her to her room and gently place her on her bed.

“what happened?”

“you fainted on the street. Are you feeling okay now? Should I take you to the doctors?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter