Chomi

Apink Short Stories/One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chorong POV

“Chorong-ah, come here.” My dad called.

“yes?” I asked walking into his office.

“so tomorrow you will be starting school. Are you excited?”

I nodded my head. I was legit excitedly for school because I’ve been homeschooled all my life, but now I can finally go to a university with other people.

“you know that we’ve kept you a secret for a while now, so when you go to school, please remember not to reveal who you are, okay? Even though it’s a private university, you still have to be careful.”

My dad is a very successful businessman, also the richest man in Korea. You don’t become successful without making a few enemies. My family has hidden the fact that they have a daughter from the public because if the enemies know, they would use me against them. I would be in danger. I don’t mind, I guess. If the public knew who I was, I’m pretty sure I would be paranoid every minute of my life.

“don’t worry appa, I know.” I said giving him a comforting smile.

“be good, okay? This is the first time you’re going to be away from home, so please be careful.” My dad said sadly.

“I’ll be fine, don’t worry!” I said and I gave him a hug.

“my baby is all grown up.” My dad said sighing.

“I’m still your little princess though, right?”

“of course!” My dad said kissing my forehead, “now go get ready, I’ll have driver Liu drive you to your apartment later.”

I nodded my head and then went off to my room. Since the university is pretty far from my house, I decided to get an apartment nearby. I looked around my room thinking what should I bring. In my suitcases were mostly clothes and pictures.

After I finished packing, I took all my stuff to the car and went inside as the staff loaded it into the trunk. Then we started driving off to the apartment.

“excited?” Driver Liu asked me.

“very!”

“I can’t believe you’re leaving the house! I remember just yesterday you were a baby.”

“but now I’m all grown up.”

“yes, into a beautiful lady.”

“ahh don’t say that!” I said feeling embarrassed.

“we’re here!” he announced and then went to open the door for me.

“thank you!”

“be safe okay? You have my number, call me if you ever need anything!” Drive Liu said and gave me a hug.

“I’m going to miss you.” I said.

“alright, go have fun and don’t party too hard!”

I started gathering my stuff and then waved goodbye. I opened the door to my new home and started unpacking my stuff.

“I can do this. I’m 21 years old, I’m old enough to take care of myself and live on my own. I got this.” I kept repeating to myself hoping that it will make me feel better.

Crap. Crap. Crap. How can I be late on the first day?! I gathered all my stuff and started running as fast as I could. The apartment was only about 10 minutes walk to the university, so I ran nonstop. I can feel some stares coming from students passing by, but I was too busy running to care.

I was close to my class, but then something caught my attention.

“stop!” a girl shouted.

“didn’t we tell you never to come back?” a y voice said.

I walked over and saw a girl being pinned to the wall by another girl and two girls standing behind her. The girl that was being pinned to the wall looked really scared. What the hell is going on? 3 against 1. That’s not fair.

“hey!” I shouted. Oh , why did I do that? Why am I getting myself involved in other people’s problem.

“are you talking to us? Is she talking to us?” one of the girl with the y voice said.

“well I don’t see anyone else…” I said sarcastically.

“you’re probably new. I’ll just let you off with a warning then. Leave now and you won’t be hurt.”

“let her go first.”

“and what will you do if we don’t?”

“you’ll wish that you let her go after I’m done with you.” I said as coldly as I could.

I was taught Hapkido since I was a kid, although I was told to only use it when I’m in trouble. Technically I’m in trouble now, so it’s okay to use it…right?

“haha!” the girl cackled, “I’d like to see you try.”

Here goes nothing.

I walked towards the girl and she made the mistake by throwing a punch at me right away, so I grabbed her hand and flipped her over making her land on the ground pretty hard. She groaned loudly, the other two girls stared in horror. Both of the girls quickly grabbed the girl on the ground and then ran off.

Huh. I was hoping they would fight more. I walked over to the girl that was pinned against the wall. She was now sitting on the ground. I reached my hand out trying to help her up.

“you alright?” I asked.

“yeah.” She said brushing off dirt off of herself.

“why were they picking on you?”

“because I don’t ‘fit’ in this university.”

“what do you mean?”

“you must be new.”

“yeah I am. My name’s Park Chorong, I’m turning 21 this year, going into 1st year.”

“well Chorong UNNIE, I’m Yoon Bomi. A word of advice for you, if you want to survive in this school, don’t hangout with me.” She said then started walking away.

“I'd say thank you for saving me, but I didn’t need it.” She said as she went further and further away.

What did she mean by that? Oh crap I’m seriously going to be late now!

When I got into my class I noticed that the professor wasn’t there, thank god. I went to sit at a nearby empty seat.

“uhh do you need some water?” a girl that was sitting next to me asked.

“huh?”

“it’s just you’re panting pretty hard, do you need water?” she asked again handing me a bottle of water.

“thank you, but it’s okay.” I said handing the water bottle back to her.

“no take it, I insist.” She said.

“umm thanks.” I said taking the water.

“I’m Naeun by the way, nice to meet you.”

“Park Chorong.” I said.

Just then the professor walked in and everyone quiet down.

“good morning class! To start off the first day of class, how about we pair up with someone and tell your partner some things about yourself.”

“psst. Wanna be my partner?” Naeun whispered to me.

“sure.” I said.

“alright, now find a partner and start. I’m going to give you 15 minutes.”

Everyone started changing seats and trying to find a partner. I turned my desk to face Naeun’s.

“so tell me about yourself.” I said.

“I skipped a grade. Technically I’m supposed to be a senior, but then I got perfect scores on the placement test so I was able to skip a grade.”

“wow you must be really smart!”

“eh, I just got lucky.” She shrugged, “your turn.”

“I’ve been homeschooled all my life, this is the first time I’ve been to school.”

“wow really? How come you were homeschool?”

Oh …What do I say?

“umm it’s cause my parents are teachers. So they figured it’d be better for them to just teach me.” I lied. I gotta pat myself on the back for coming up with a lie so fast.

For the rest of the time we told each other our hobbies and basically everything about one another. We surprisingly got comfortable with each other. Then the professor started lecturing.

After a long two hours lecture we were finally done.

“unnie, what class do you have next?” Naeun asked me.

“I have a free period, so I was thinking of going to the library. You?”

“ahh lucky! I have geology next.” Naeun pouted.

“er!” I said sticking out my tongue.

“meanie.” Naeun muttered to herself.

“have fun in class!” I said patting her head.

Naeun just waved her hand and then left. I felt happy because I made a new friend and we were getting along pretty well. I never really had friends, most of my ‘friends’ were just using me. So having someone be friends with me because of who I am made me really happy.

Naeun POV

“Eunji unnie!” I said happily as I saw her sitting at her table.

“hey Naeunnie!” Eunji unnie gave me a bright smile.

I walked over to the seat nearby and kissed her on the cheeks.

“I think you missed.” Eunji unnie said, pointing to her lips.

“I don’t think so.” I said teasing her.

“aww Naeunnie, you’re mean.” Eunji unnie said pouting.

“alright alright. Can’t believe you’re older than me.” I said then kissed on the lips.

I was about to pull back, but then Eunji unnie grabbed my waist and pulled me closer to deepen the kiss.

“hey! Save it for your own time!” The professor yelled when he walked into the class.

I quickly pulled back and sat down in my seat. My face was really red from embarrassment, while Eunji unnie just chuckled. That .

“since today is the first day of class we’re not going to do much. I’m just going to go over the syllabus and then you guys can leave. Sounds good?”

The class cheered. The professor started talking about class rules and stuff. Eunji unnie would try to sneak her hands over to my lap and rest her hand there, but then I always hit it off. She would look at me with a confused look. I knew that if she kept her hands there I wouldn’t be able to control my desires.

After about 30 minutes the professor finished so we were able to leave. I was packing up my stuff when Eunji unnie came dangerously close to me.

“hey are you mad at me?” She asked in a sad tone.

I decided to a bit.

“what do you think?!” I said in my mad tone then walked away.

“Naeun-ah, wait!” Eunji unnie called after.

I started walking faster, but Eunji unnie came to my side and stopped me.

“hey what did I do wrong, why are you mad at me?”

“wow you don’t even know.” I rolled my eyes.

“tell me, baby.”

Dammit. She knows that when she calls me baby, it makes my heart flutter a lot.

“you totally got us in trouble with the professor!”

“ahhh that’s nothing. He’s going to forget about it. Come on, let’s go get food. I’m hungry!”

“aren’t you always?”

“you know me too well, Naeunnie.” Eunji unnie pinched my nose and then we walked to get some food.

“Chorong unnie!” I shouted when I saw her walking nearby.

She looked my way and waved, so I gestured her to come over.

“who’s that?” Eunji unnie asked.

“my new friend!”

“hey Naeun.” Chorong unnie greeted me.

“hey! Come, sit. Join us.” I said pulling her down in the empty seat next to mine.

“I’m leaving.” Bomi unnie said and then walked away.

“did I do something wrong?” Chorong unnie asked.

“no don’t worry. Bomi is just Bomi. Hi, I’m Jung Eunji.” Eunji unnie.

“hi, Park Chorong.” Chorong unnie said giving a small smile.

“I’m going to leave you with Naeun, I’m going to check on Bomi.” Eunji unnie said, then she kissed my forehead and walked in the direction that Bomi unnie walked.

“sorry, seems like your friends doesn’t like me.” Chorong unnie said sadly.

“oh no! Don’t think that! They’re always just like that.” I said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter