Hajoo

Apink Short Stories/One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Namjoo POV

I was woken up by the ray of sunlight that was shining through the window. I turned my body to the side hoping see my beautiful wife, but instead I was met with nothing. I got up and looked around, but there was no one. I walked into our living room and still no one. I walked into the kitchen and saw a note being taped to the fridge.

Went out to get breakfast, be back in an hour and a half ish. Left at 9. Love you JooJoo bug! <3

She left at 9, so I guess she’ll be back in an hour or so. I smiled at the love you part. We’ve been married for 3 years, and been together for 5 years, yet small things from her still makes me smile like an idiot. Thinking back our relationship is normal as it can get. We met on the first day of school, and I can say that that was the best day of my life.

Flashback

I made my way to the first day of class. I was a 23 years old small business owner, I own a café nearby and it’s doing well, but I wanted it to do better. So here I am taking a baking class to help make my pastries tastier.

I sat in the middle station because I don’t like being in the front and the back is too hard to see. A girl that looked about my age or even older came and sat next to me.

“hi!” she greeted.

“hey.” I gave a small smile back, not cause I don’t want to talk to her, but because I’m scared.

“is this your first baking class?” She asked.

I simply nodded my head.

“oh wow! And you’re taking THIS class?!”

“why? What’s wrong with this class?”

“I heard that the teacher is really mean and picky about everything.”

“oh seriously? She’s probably one of those old moody teacher huh, we should get out while we can.” I joked.

“haha yeah! So what’s your name?”

“Namjoo, yours?”

“I’m-”

She was about to answer, but an alarm on her phone went off.

“ahh sorry about that, be right back.” She said.

Then she got up and went in front of the classroom, I was wondering what is she doing.

“good morning class! My name is Oh Hayoung, you can just call me Hayoung, and I will be the teacher for this class.” She announced.

Holy . She’s the teacher?! But she’s so young looking and I just made a stupid joke with her…oh great. This is definitely going to be a tough class.

“today we will start by making something simple, let’s bake a cake.”

“that’s not simple!” Someone shouted.

“it is. I just want you guys to bake a cake and design anything you want. There is no such thing as bad cakes!”

“yeah until you try mine…” I mumbled to myself, apparently she heard that and looked straight at me and gave an amused smile.

I felt my face turning red due to embarrassment.

As the class went on, everyone was doing their own thing. Hayoung was walking around seeing how people were doing. Every time she came by my station I start feeling really nervous, I guess she noticed that so she would give me a teasing smile.

“okay! While the cakes are in the oven, let’s make bread. I will show you guys how to properly kneed the dough.” Hayoung said.

She started mixing the dough and then once she was done she took it out of the bowl and started pounding on it and kneed it. She had her own technique of doing so and she wanted us to do how she did, which was tough for me.

I started mixing my dough and then took it out to kneed. I was trying to do it her way, but then I wasn’t doing a good job.

“you have to use your palm.” She said appearing out of nowhere.

“like this?” I asked using my palm.

“better, not still not right. Here let me help you.”

She came up behind me and basically wrapped her arms around me. Then she took my hand and started guiding me.

“see how your hands are moving? Do it like that.” She said, her face inches from mine.

“y-yes.” I said nervously. Why am I feeling so nervous?

“okay practice that and I’ll come back to check on you.”

“okay.”

I felt my face getting hot. Why am I feeling so flustered? She’s just a teacher, that’s it, nothing more. I started playing around with the dough, since I’ve kneed it so many times. I looked around to see where Hayoung is and I saw her helping a student like how she helped me. I don’t know why, but I was feeling jealous. Aiish. Why am I feeling jealous?

Soon our cakes were done, so we took it out and let it cool down a bit. After it cooled, we started decorating it. Hayoung said to decorate it on how we feel and what we like. I decorated it with simple stuff. I made the cake simple looking.

“so I’m guessing you’re a simple person?” Hayoung asked, appearing out of nowhere yet again.

“yeah I guess so.”

“hmm. I don’t think that’s true. You seem like a really interesting person.”

“you barely met me though.”

“I can tell who’s interesting and who’s not.” Hayoung gave me another smile and then walked away.

She better stop doing that or else I will fall for her. WHOA. Where’d that come from?! Come on Namjoo-ah, snap out of it! She’s your teacher for god sakes.

“well! That’s it for today. You guys can take your cakes home if you want. Again, I’m sorry about not knowing your names. I’m very bad with name. I promise I will get the names down soon. Have a good rest of the day and be nice to someone!” Hayoung said.

The class started packing up and leaving. I was always the last one to leave since I take a while to pack up.

“be careful going home, Namjoo-ah.” Hayoung said noticing me about to walk out. I felt my heart fluttered a bit because she remembered my name.

“are you leaving too?” I asked.

“not yet, I have to clean up the classroom.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter