Chomi

Apink Short Stories/One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chorong POV

Oof.

Someone ran into me and I landed on my pretty hard. Ugh great what a nice way to end the first day of school.

“hey! Watch where you’re going!” Bomi scolded the person that ran into me.

Then she reached a hand out to help me up. When I got up I dusted my and then looked at who ran into me.

“I’m so sorry, I was in a rush a-and I d-didn’t see where I w-was going.” The person apologized bowing her head.

“hey hey, it’s okay. Don’t worry about it!” I gave a small smile, “you said you’re in a rush, right? You should go now before you’re late.”

The person said sorry one more time and then ran off.

“unnie, are you okay?” Bomi asked.

“yeah I’m fine.” I bent down to pick my phone, only to realize that the screen had cracked due to the drop.

“wow that person broke your phone! Come on, let’s go find them!” Bomi said grabbing my wrist.

“no it’s fine, it’s a simple mistake. Let’s just go meet up with the others before they complain about waiting too long.”

“you’re too nice.” Bomi sighed.

Then we walked to the front of school together hand in hand. I kept looking at my phone. I have got to find a way to hide this from my parents, otherwise they’re going to kill me. I looked at the time and realized that I only have 30 minutes to get back home.

I started quickening my pace, while pulling Bomi along so I can meet the others and go home right after.

“hey!” Eunji greeted waving her hand.

“took you guys long enough.” Naeun grumbled.

“sorry, some person ran into Chorong unnie knocking her over.” Bomi said.

“omo are you okay unnie?” Hayoung asked me then started inspecting me.

“yeah I’m fine, don’t worry.” I smiled.

“let’s go hangout somewhere, I don’t want to go home yet.” Namjoo said.

“yeah lets!” the others agreed.

“sorry guys, I gotta go home.” I said apologetically.

“aww unnie, come hangout with us. You’re always busy.” Hayoung pouted.

“sorry, Hayoung-ah. I gotta go home and help my parents with stuff.”

“I’ll walk you home.” Bomi said.

“no it’s fine, you go hangout with the others and have fun. Bye!” I said and pecked Bomi on the lips.

Then I waved goodbye to them and walked off. Once I was out of everyone’s sights, my smiles faded away. When I’m going home that’s when I show my true self. In school and around my friends I’m a happy positive person, but once I’m alone I’m nothing but broken.

Once I got to my house I sighed knowing that I have to deal with my parents. I unlocked the doors and I see no one in the living room. Strange.

“I’m home!” I yelled out.

No answer. Since there was no answer I assumed they weren’t home, so I made my way up to my room. Even though today was the first day of school we already had homework to do. I figured I should do them now before I get busy later.

“PARK CHORONG!” A voice roared.

. I immediately ran down to meet where the voice was.

“how dare you come home and not say anything?!” My dad yelled.

“I did, I said I was here, but no one said anything.” I defended myself.

That was a mistake. I felt my cheeks stinging from the slap that came right after.

“did you get my cigarette?!”

! I completely forgot about that!

“I f-forgot…” I said nervously bracing myself for the impact.

Another slap. I’ve gotten slapped and beaten so many times that I should get used to it by now, but every hit feels like I’ve been hit for the first time.

“USELESS!” My dad roared.

“go and start making dinner.” My mom said out of nowhere.

My dad was always the one that beats me, rarely my mom. I always think that she would stop him, but she never does.

“okay.”

I started walking towards the kitchen and took out what was needed to be cook. I wish I could run away.

As I was cutting the vegetables I couldn’t help but think it would be so easy to end it all. Having the knife in my hands, if I just turn the knife around and have it face me. Then just push it. All I have to do is push the knife and end it all. I think to myself that I’m really going to do it. Then the image of her pops into my head.

Yoon Bomi.

How can I leave her? People say love at a young age is a foolish thing and it’s just a phase, but I’m sure of this. I’m sure that I’m in love with Bomi. I’m sure that she’s in love with me too. How can I just give her and abandon her like this? How can I abandon the others? I shouldn’t.

Once I got back my senses I finished cutting stuff up and then finished cooking. Then I brought out the food to my parents, who were watching TV. I gently placed the tray onto the coffee table and then started walking away. Before I could walk away completely, my dad tripped me causing me to fall flat on the ground.

“next time, don’t come home late.” He said.

I nodded my head and went upstairs. Once I got to my room I started inspecting my elbow. That’s going to bruise. I looked at my forearm to see scars. Scars from myself and from my dad. Everyday when going to school I use some sort of makeup to cover it up. I’m so afraid that someone will see the scars and start asking questions.

No one has seen my scars not even Bomi. Especially Bomi. She doesn’t know any of this. I’m afraid that if I show her how I really am she’ll leave me. Suddenly my phone started ringing. Speak of the devil.

“hello?” I answered quietly so my parents won’t hear.

“hey unnie!”

“what’s up Bbom-ah?”

“nothing, just making sure you got home safely.”

“yeah I’m home now. How was hanging out with the others?”

“same as always, I’m always the fifth wheel.” I can hear the pout in Bomi’s voice.

“aww I’m sorry, I wish I can hangout, but my parents need me home right after.”

“it’s okay.” Bomi sighed.

“Bbom-ah, I’m sorry, okay?” I said using my aegyo knowing that’s her weakness.

“alright alright, don’t use that tone with me anymore! I forgive you!”

“ehehe yay!”

“so whatcha doing?”

“nothing, just thinking.”

“thinking about me, right?”

“nope.”

“ahh unnie!”

“you baby, of course I was thinking about you!”

“thinking about how much you love me?”

“yes yes I was thinking about how much I love you.” I said rolling my eyes.

“and how much do you love me?”

“yah! You know I hate being cheesy.”

“but it’s the least you can do for ditching me today!”

“I didn’t ditch you technically.”

“I’m sad again unnie.”

“alright alright, I love you more than you love food, okay?”

“wow! That’s a lot of love!”

“are you happy now?”

“very.” Now I can hear her smiling ear to ear.

“go to sleep now, we got school tomorrow!”

“yesssss mother.”

“goodnight, Bomi-ah.” I giggled.

“goodnight Rong unnie, I love you!”

“I love you too pabo.”

Then we hung up the phon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter