Chomi Part 5

Apink Short Stories/One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chorong POV

“and now you’ve seen my bedroom.” I said to Eunji and Naeun.

As I walked back to the living room I noticed a person sitting on the couch. The person turned her head towards me and that’s when I saw her. One years and three months. She still looked the same, minus the extra dark circles.

“Bomi? What are you doing here?” Eunji asked, her and Naeun were just as shocked.

“E-Eunji, N-Naeun?!” Bomi jaw dropped even lower, if that was possible.

“so…mind introducing her?” Namjoo said to Hayoung.

“okay, guys!” Hayoung said excitedly, “this is my half-sister! Yoon Bomi!”

“h-half sister?” Naeun said.

“how?” Eunji asked.

“long story.” Hayoung said.

“B-Bomi?” I finally managed out.

Bomi looked at me and we stared at each other. I felt like it was only the two of us in this room.

“umm let’s get out of here. Everyone out.” Naeun said, dragging everyone out.

“wait, why? I live here!” Namjoo whined.

“out.” Eunji was helping Naeun drag Hayoung and Namjoo out.

Then when they left, it was now literally just the two of us in the room.

“h-how have you been?” I asked.

“good. You?” Bomi asked.

Wow. I didn’t know it could feel this good to hear someone’s voice. I haven’t heard it in so long, it felt kind of foreign, but nonetheless it still made my heart pound. 

“same.”

Then we both lost the ability to talk. I slowly walked towards the couch and sat down. I kept a distance though because I wasn’t sure what we are to each other.

“how long have you been in Korea?”

“about three months now.”

“I see.”

“umm, how’s school going?”

“good.”

Why is this so awkward?! It’s killing me. I seriously just want to jump on her and kiss her right now. How do I start apologizing to her?

“Chorong unnie.” “Bomi-ah.”

We both said at the same time.

“haha…you go first.” Bomi said awkwardly.

“no it’s fine, you first.” I gestured to her.

“I just wanted to say that I’m really sorry.”

“you’re sorry? Why in the world are you sorry?”

“because I shouldn’t have gotten mad. If I was in your shoes, I’d blame myself too. I’m really sorry for being an and breaking up with you on a stupid reason.”

“no no you shouldn’t be sorry! I’m sorry for blaming it on you. I shouldn’t have doubted you. I’m so sorry Bomi-ah.” I said, little did I know I had moved closer to her.

“did you ever find out who it was?”

“yeah, it was a staff.”

“oh I see.”

Suddenly the door opened wide again.

“okay I can’t take this!” Eunji said.

“I know right!” Naeun said rolling her eyes.

Namjoo and Hayoung looked at them confused.

“so are you guys going to get back together?” Eunji asked.

I was shocked at the sudden straightforward answer and by the looks of it Bomi was shocked too.

“errmmm…” Bomi said scratching the back of her neck.

I kept looking everywhere except at Bomi and the others. What happens now? do we get back together? I’m still in love with Bomi and I want to be with her, but what if Bomi doesn’t feel the same way?

“dammit I’m going to be late for work. You both better pick up your phone later!” Eunji said, “come on Naeun-ah, I’ll drop you off at home.”

“I’m going to need details later, Chorong unnie!” Naeun said as her and Eunji walked out the door.

Namjoo and Hayoung continued staring at us, waiting for some sort of explanation.

“so what’s the story of Hayoung being your half-sister?” I asked.

“unnie, how do you know Hayoung?” Bomi asked.

“Hayoung’s girlfriend is Namjoo, and Namjoo is my roommate. Hayoung-ah, how come you never told me you were looking for Bomi?”

“oh sorry unnie, it’s just my mom told me to keep it a secret. I only told Joojoo unnie.”

“I can’t believe how small this world is.” Namjoo said shaking her head.

“umm, so the pictures?” Bomi asked.

“oh right!” Hayoung said then ran into Namjoo’s room.

“what pictures?”

“of my mom and dad.”

“no way! Wow Bomi-ah, I’m so happy for you!” I said hugging her.

Throughout our relationship, Bomi would tell me how she really wanted to know what her parents look like and why they abandoned her.

“here we are!” Hayoung said.

Hayoung handed Bomi a set of pictures and then sat beside Bomi. I noticed Bomi’s hand was shaking as she was holding the pictures, so I grabbed her free hand and then interlocked our fingers. She turned to look at me and gave me a small smile. Since Bomi only hand one hand, Hayoung took back the pictures and helped show each pictures.

“this was when omma was a teenager.”

It was a picture of a young lady standing and posing in front of an old house. I looked at Bomi and saw her giving a sad smile.

“oh! Here it is! This is a picture of your dad, this is when omma was pregnant with you.”

In the picture was a pregnant young lady standing beside a young man. They looked so happy. She was smiling and he had his hand over her stomach and was smiling widely. I looked over to Bomi again and I saw tears welling up in her eyes. I pulled her into a hug and she rested her head on my shoulder.

“Hayoung-ah, let’s do this later, okay?” I said.

“yeah sure unnie. Namjoo unnie and I are going to go out, so you two can be alone.”

“we’re going out?” Namjo asked.

“yes, now come on!” Hayoung grabbed Namjoo hands and ran out of the door.

Bomi stayed on my shoulder for a bit longer. She was trying not to cry, so the cry was soft. I kept rubbing her back telling her that it’s okay to cry.

“w-why did they g-give me u-up?” Bomi cried out.

This was a hard scene to see. Bomi is always looking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter