Chomi

Apink Short Stories/One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bomi POV

Ugh. I hate my lab class; it’s always so boring. The teacher was giving her usual lecture while I sat there staring into space. She was explaining what we were going to do, I felt happy because we are doing the lab in groups of 4. Whenever we do stuff in groups of 4 I never have to do anything. After the lecture finished I gathered my stuff and moved to my usual partners whenever we do groups of 4. In that group was me, Hayoung, Namjoo, and Chorong unnie.

I love having Chorong unnie in my group because she’s really smart and always knows what she’s doing. I want to be friend with her, but she looks very intimidating.

“okay so since we have to test three temperature let’s split it. I will do the 32 degree, Namjoo will do the room temperature, and you guys can do the 52 degree. Is that okay?” Chorong unnie asked. This is why I love working with her, she gets straight to work.

“yeah that’s fine by us.” I said.

I was gathering my stuff to move to the group table, I noticed Chorong unnie got gloves for Hayoung. I don’t know why, but I felt jealous because she didn’t get me a pair.

We started gathering the supplies and doing the experiment. The liquid thing needed to be in the temperature for an hour. So in the meantime we started doing our second activity, which was making rootbeer. First thing first was we needed to measure out the sugar.

“this is a lot of sugar.” Namjoo said, inspecting the 50g of sugar that we poured.

“how in the world did you get sugar on your face?” Hayoung said then helped wiped off the sugar from Namjoo’s face. I don’t know if my eyes were playing tricks on me, but I saw Namjoo blushing a bit.

After getting our sugar we went to the front table to get rootbeer extract. I was holding the cup of sugar gently afraid that I might spill it. While walking I was so focused on the sugar that I didn’t noticed Chorong unnie had stopped walking, which caused me to bump into her.

“gaah!” I freaked out since the sugar spilled a bit.

“oh I’m so sorry!” Chorong unnie apologized.

“oh no it’s not your fault, I’m sorry!” I said cleaning up the sugar.

After getting the extract we went to get the yeast. That was problematic because we couldn’t get the measure right. We finally got it after about 10 minutes. Hayoung carefully carried the spoon of yeast to the front table for hot water.

“unnie, can you hold this? My arm is getting tired.” Hayoung asked me.

“sure.” I said gladly taking the spoon.

“it would so much if you sneeze.” Chorong unnie laughed.

“oh gosh, don’t jinx it!” I said laughing back.

“ah ah achoo!” Chorong unnie pretended to sneeze.

“hey!” I said moving the spoon away from her, “you’re mean!”

Chorong unnie just laughed and stuck her tongue out. I swear, she looks like one of those typical mean girls, but she’s actually really nice and funny. She always looks like she’s in a bad mood, but that’s just her face. She smiles really easily, she has such a beautiful smile too so when she smiles I automatically smile.

“hey we should go check on our test tube.” Chorong unnie said, then she grabbed my hand to make me go with her. Is it cliché to say that my heart skipped a beat when she touched me?

We got to the containers and were peering inside. I was about to stick my finger in, but Chorong unnie stopped me.

“yah! What are you doing?!” She grabbed my finger before it could go in.

“checking the temperature?” I gave her a confusing look.

“pabo, do you know how hot that is? It says the temperature right here.” Chorong unnie pointed to the bottom of the container.

“oh whoops!” I laughed in embarrassment.

We went back to our rootbeer and started mixing everything in. I wasn’t sure on the rest of the procedure so I took out my phone to check it out.

“can I take a looky dooky?” Chorong unnie asked with ageyo-filled voice.

“here.” I said handing her the phone, then looking away to hide my big smile.

“thanks!” She handed my phone back with a smile.

After the hour has passed Chorong unnie and I went to check the containers again. The liquids have dried up and became gas so we could take out the test tube. Chorong unnie was about to take the test tube out, but I stopped her.

“here I’ll do it. It’s hot and plus you don’t have gloves.” I said taking the test tube.

“oh you’re right, thanks!”

We took out the test tube and started measuring. Chorong unnie was measuring it a bit weirdly; she was placing the ruler on one side of the tube, when it would be so much easier to measure the other side.

“I think you should turn the ruler so it will be easier to measure.” I suggested.

“oh my god I’m so dumb. You’re so smart!” She said patting me on the head.

Again, my heart skipped a beat. Aiish I shouldn’t feel this way. We barely know each other; in 2 weeks we probably will never see each other again.

After we finished all of our lab stuff we recorded the data into our notebook. I was always the first one done, so I felt like I did everything wrong. I checked with Hayoung, but she told me that I got everything. I didn’t want to be the first one to turn in the stuff so I waited a bit. After a while everyone started turning it the stuff so I got up too.

“here I’ll take it for you.” Chorong unnie said.

“oh no it’s fine! Here I’ll take it for you.” I said taking her paper.

“oh okay thanks!” she said giving me her heart-stopping smile.

I went up and turned in the stuff, then returned to my desk to pack up my stuff. I noticed that it was raining really hard. I was happy about this because I love the rain. I was about to walk out the door when I noticed Chorong unnie was about to walk out too.

“hey, aren’t you cold?” I asked, noticing that she’s only wearing a tshirt.

“yeah, but I was in a rush this morning so I completely forgot my jacket and umbrella.” Chorong unnie said sighing.

I can’t believe I’m doing this.

“here take my jacket.” I said taking off my jacket.

“oh no no no it’s fine. My car isn’t parked th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter