2Eun Part 1

Apink Short Stories/One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Naeun POV

“miss, where would you like to go?” My driver asked.

“let’s stop here. I want try this café.”

I got out of my car while my driver drove off. I looked at the entrance of the café and examined it. This wasn’t the usual café that I go too, but I guess it’s nice to go to a different place for a change. I’ve wanting to change stuff in my life. Everything is getting boring. It just doesn’t feel right.

I walked in and then stood near the counter looking at menu. Then I walked up and started ordering.

“can I get an iced vanilla coffee? Not too much milk and extra sugar” I asked.

“yeah sure, for here or to go?” The girl asked in a happy tone. I’m pretty sure it’s fake, of course.

“for here.”

“okay, that will b-” The girl got distracted when another worker walked right into her.

“omo I’m so sorry!” The worker apologized.

“it’s okay, Chorong unnie! Everything is fine.” The girl said, then gave the most beautiful eye smile I’ve ever seen.

“sorry about that. That will be $4.” She said.

“here.”

I handed her my card and then she swiped it.

“please take a seat, and I’ll be right over with your drink.”

She smiled brightly at me, but I just stared at her then walk away. I’m pretty sure that smile is fake. Who would be smiling for reals when they’re working here?

“yoo Jung Eunji!” a girl shouted as she entered the café.

“yah, keep it down will you, you’re going to scare the customers!” The girl that took my order said.

“my usual, please and thank you.” The Bomi girl said, then sat about three tables away from me.

I looked backed at Eunji and saw her shaking her head but she was smiling. Seriously what is up with that girl? I also noticed that girl that bumped into Eunji, staring at Bomi. What am I doing? Why am I observing these people?

I turned my attention to my phone so I wouldn’t be staring at other people. Just then Eunji walked over with my drink. She careful placed it on my table, but then she accidentally spilled some. She quickly wiped the table.

“sorry about that.” she said.

Then she walked away and went to sit at the table with Bomi. They started talking and I can clearly hear their conversation.

“yah, where’s my drink?” Bomi asked.

“I’m on break! Chorong unnie will bring it to you.” Eunji answered.

“so you busy tonight?”

“of course I’m busy, you know that I work at the Ace nightclub till 4 in the morning.” Eunji said sighing.

She has another job? How poor is she? I started drowning out their conversations with my thoughts. I just don’t understand it. I see Eunji and Bomi laughing happily and smiling wide. When I grew up, I was always taught that money is the reason why you’re happy. If this Eunji person doesn’t have money, since she has two jobs or maybe more, then how in the world can she smiling so damn brightly? Ugh. People are just crazy nowadays.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I saw the Chorong person coming over with some drinks.

“yah, why didn’t you greet me?” Chorong hit Bomi on the head.

“ow unnie! You were working, I didn’t want to distract you!” Bomi pouted.

“yah you were distracting me and I was working!” Eunji said.

I noticed the three of them were bickering, but they were bickering in a friendly way. I guess that’s some of the things you can do when you have friends. I felt a little admiration towards them, also jealousy. I never had friends like that. All my friends are all rich stuck up people, kind of like me I guess. We just use one another. We never had fun with each other. I don’t even remember the last time I truly smiled.

I had enough watching those three interact so I gathered my stuff and walked out of the café. I just don’t understand how can they feel happy when they’re struggling in life? Maybe it’s cause they’re not going through it alone.

“hey! Excuse me!” I heard a voice called out.

I looked back and saw Eunji running after me.

“you forgot your phone.” She said handing me my phone with that stupid smile of hers.

“why do you smile so much?” I asked bluntly.

“uhh…because it’s better than frowning.” She answered, looking at me weirdly.

I didn’t know what to say so I took my phone out of her hand, well more like snatched. I don’t know why I’m acting like this.

“thanks.”

Then I walked away, not waiting for her to say anything at all. I called my driver and then he drove me back to my house. I went in and rested on my couch thinking about the event that had happened. I started having questions about everything. Who is this Jung Eunji?

The next day I found myself going back to that café, why? I don’t know. I felt like I needed answers. Or something. Maybe I want to see Eunji being unhappy. That’s mean of me to say, but then it will show that money does have a lot of power in life.

I walked up to the counter and Eunji was at the counter taking orders. When it was my turn, she looked at me and smiled.

“hey, welcome back!”

So she remembers me.

“what can I get you?” She asked.

“iced vanilla coffee no-”

“not too much milk and extra sugar.” She said finishing my sentence.

So she remembers my order.

“yeah.”

“for here or to go?”

“for here.”

I handed her my card and she swiped it. Then I walked to an empty seat and sat down. I made sure that my chair was facing the counter so I can look spy at Eunji. I noticed her talking to that Chorong person. Of course she was smiling. What the hell? This girl is getting on my nerve.

“here you go!” She said placing my drink on my table after about 5 minutes.

“thanks.”

I expected her to leave, but instead she pulled out the chair beside me and sat down.

“hi, I’m Eunji!” She said smiling brightly.

“aren’t you supposed to be working?”

“break time,” She said, “so what’s your name?”

I was surprised by this because usually people kenw who I was. I never had to introduce myself.

“I am leaving.”

I grabbed my coffee and then walked away. I kind of expected her to come after, but she didn’t. Why am I disappointed? I don’t know. Why am I acting like this? I hate that stupid smile of hers. I should be the one smiling.

Eunji POV

Hmmm strange girl. Kind of rude too.

“yah what are you doing talking to stranger and stuff?” Chorong unnie asked me.

“just trying to make new friends.” I said.

“sheesh, you’re too friendly.”

“hey if I wasn’t friendly, then we would have never met then you and Bomi would have never met.” I said sticking my tongue out.

“well eh. I’m going to breakup with Bomi.” Chorong unnie said.

“WHAT!” I shouted.

“hehe, I’m just kidding.” Chorong unnie laughed, “you should have seen your reaction!”

“I can’t believe you unnie!” I whined.

“can’t believe what?” Bomi asked coming into the café.

“that I’m going to breakup with you.” Chorong unnie said in a serious expression.

I watched as Bomi expression turned from happy to a horror expression.

“WHAT!” She shouted.

“yah! You’re gonna scare the customer, keep it down!” I said.

Luckily there was only about 3 people in the shop, so it wasn’t that bad. Still good thing the manager wasn’t here, I can’t afford to get fired.

“w-what do you m-mean you’re g-going to break up w-with m-me?” Bomi was sniffling now.

“wait what’s happening right now?” I asked confused.

“whoa whoa whoa. Yah don’t cry!” Chorong unnie panicked and went to hug Bomi, “I was just kidding!”

“h-how c-can you j-joke a-about that!”

“I’m sorry oo, that was a mean thing to say. We’re not breaking up okay?” Chorong unnie said softly and kissed Bomi on the cheeks.

“really? oo?” I said rolling my eyes.

“don’t be jealous you don’t have your own oo.” Chorong unnie stuck out her tongue at me.

Bomi was still in a daze after the stunt Chorong unnie pulled. Chorong unnie continued hugging Bomi tightly, making sure Bomi knows that Chorong unnie still loves her very much. These two seriously need to get a room.

“oh crap, I’m going to be late! I’ll see you guys later!”

I clocked out and then went to the back to get my bicycle. I was running late to my next job, which was tutoring. In total I have 3 jobs. It’s not that I want three jobs, but I have to. My family back in Busan are having a lot of money trouble, also I still have student loans to pay off. Working three jobs is the only way to help pay off everything.

I got to the elementary school and then greeted the adults there. Then I went to see little Minju studying.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter