2Eun

Apink Short Stories/One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2006

It was recess time and I stood in front of the class awkwardly. I had moved school yet again. I stared at all the people my age running playing with their friends. Everyone already had their own friends and there was just me. I went to a nearby bench and sat down. I was staring at the ground when I noticed four pairs of feet in front of me. I looked up and was meet with two smiling people.

“hey! You’re new, right? Do you want to come play with us?” One of the girl asked.

“s-sure.”

“okay let’s go!” the other girl said.

Then we walked over to the platform near the basketball court and started playing jump rope. Both of the girls were playing with the jump ropes while I stood there smiling at how much fun they’re having.

“here you try!” one of them said handing me her jump rope.

I thanked her and then I started jumping.

“wow you’re so good!” the other girl said.

“your name is Son Naeun, right?” the first girl asked.

I nodded my head.

“I’m Eunji and this is Bomi.”

The both of them smile widely, which made me smile. For the rest of recess time we continued playing and laughing. When recess was over we all ran back to our classroom. The teacher read us a story and then we were had an easy worksheet to do.

For the next couple of weeks I continued hanging out with Bomi unnie and Eunji unnie. The three of us became inseparable. One day Bomi unnie and Eunji unnie got into a small argument, I don’t know how, but they were really mad at each other. I felt so lost because I never had friends fight with each other before. During recess time they didn’t hangout with each other, so I didn’t know what to do.

“what do I do?” I asked my other friend.

“for what?” Wendy asked.

“Bomi unnie and Eunji unnie, they’re fighting.”

“ahh they’ll get over it, this happens from time to time.”

“seriously?”

Just then I saw Eunji unnie coming towards me.

“come on Naeun-ah, let’s go play!”

Eunji unnie grabbed my wrist and then dragged me to the basketball court to shoot around. As we were playing I noticed Bomi unnie watching us. I felt so guilty. Then I noticed her walking this way.

“hey come play with me!” Bomi unnie said then dragged me away.

We were playing handball, I was trying my best to look happy and having fun, but I was feeling guilty. This is the first time in my life that I was stuck between two people.

Finally school had ended. As I was walking out I saw Bomi unnie and Eunji unnie talking together happily. What the… I walked over to them and they both greeted me.

“so I see you guys are talking again?”

“yup. Can’t stay mad at my buddy for too long!” Bomi unnie said then headlock Eunji unnie.

Eunji unnie tried to struggle, but failed so we just laughed and walked out of the school together.

2008

I walked into my city’s library and sat down at an empty seat. I was excited because after two years I will get to see Eunji unnie again! After 5th grade, Eunji unnie had to move school. Even though the school is a city away, it was really hard to meet. After Eunji unnie left Bomi unnie and I drifted apart. I started hanging out with Wendy and other people more often, while she hung out with other people. We still greeted each other and talk like we’re friends, but we just weren’t that close anymore.

I lost contacts with Eunji unnie for a while until she made a facebook. So we started talking to each other there again. I found out that she comes to the library here every Saturday because her brother likes it here.

“Naeun-ah!” I heard Eunji unnie called out.

I felt a smile spread across my face instantly upon seeing her. I got off my chair and went to hug her.

“ahh I missed you so much unnie!”

“I missed you too!”

“so how’s your new school going?”

“It’s good, I made some really nice friends.”

“that’s good, I’m glad!”

For the rest of the time I walked around the library with her and her brother. We were talking about what’s been happening in our school.

“do you still hangout with Bomi?”

“sometimes, but other times I hangout with Wendy and she hangs out with Stephanie. Do you still talk to her?”

“yup, I talk to her as much as I talk to you.”

Soon our time was up. Eunji unnie had to leave, and I felt really sad.

“aww don’t be sad Naeun-ah, we’ll see each other again next week!”

“alright.” I pouted.

And we did see each other next week and the week after. Every week we met at the library, but soon school started becoming harder so going there was hard. We went from seeing each other every week to seeing each other once a month. It was hard, but once we meet each other, it feels like we’ve seen each other everyday.

2014

This is the year I finally graduate from high school. I was feeling excited and nervous. What if I trip on stage? I can’t believe 4 years of high school went by that fast. As we were walking to our seats, I looked out onto the audience. There were a lot of people. A lot. When I got to my seat I sat down and then I started looking around. First looking around for my family, then I was trying to find the one person that I wanted to come the most. Eunji unnie. She told me that her and Bomi unnie will come, so I was really excited.

After middle school Bomi unnie also moved school. We lost contacts, but sometimes we would bump into each other and we’d greet each other. Bomi unnie also went to school in a different city. Bomi unnie and Eunji unnie had graduated a couple of days before me. Both their graduation was on the same day. I wanted to go to Eunji unnie’s, but then I had a family friend that went to Bomi unnie’s school. So instead I went to Bomi unnie’s.

I felt really guilty about missing Eunji unnie’s and felt that she probably wouldn’t come to mine, but she said she would. I was so happy. I couldn’t wait to get graduation over with because then I get to see her. We haven’t seen each other in 9 months! That’s the longest we went without seeing each other. We still talked to each other everyday through texting, but that’s different. I want to see her. I want to hug her. I just want to be with her. Yes I’m in love with my best friend.

After about 2 hours of talking and people getting up to get their diplomas, graduation has officially ended. The families started gathering on the field to take pictures. The first thing I did was look for Eunji unnie. I started walking around, ignoring the calls of my fellow graduates to take pictures. After walking around for 10 minutes I found her! She was standing with Bomi unnie looking around. I immediately ran to her and hugged the living daylight out of her.

“geeze, nice to see who you love most.” Bomi unnie said.

“Bomi unnie!” I said happily as I let go of Eunji unnie and hugged Bomi unnie.

“here.” Eunji unnie said handing me a gift bag.

“thanks unnie, you’re the best!”

“I know.” Eunji unnie said winking.

We started taking pictures and talking for a bit. Then my other friends came to me and we took pictures. I saw Eunji unnie and Bomi unnie standing on the side staring at me and my friends with a smile.

After I finished taking the pictures with my friends I walked back to them.

“sorry about that.”

“no no it’s fine, you should take as many pictures as you can with them!” Eunji unnie said.

“sorry to cut this short, but we gotta go find Stephanie before she leaves.” Bomi unnie said.

I felt disappointed because that meant Eunji unnie had to leave with her.

“thanks for coming!” I said hugging Eunji unnie tightly.

Then they walked away. I felt really sad seeing them walked away like that. I went back to my family and started taking pictures with them. Soon the lights on the field turned off and we all went home. Once I got home, I cleaned up and then went to lay on my bed. Today was too tiring. I took out my phone and started texting Eunji unnie.

Thank you so much for coming today! I really appreciate it :)

I pressed sent and then put my phone to the side waiting for her to reply. Within minutes she replied. This is why I love Eunji unnie, she always replies fast.

I wouldn’t miss it for the world!

I felt myself smiling widely.

I’m sorry we couldn’t talk much ):

It’s fine! Seeing how loved you are makes me feel relieved <3

Relieved? How come?

Well I always worry if you’re happy or not, so seeing that you have a lot of great friends makes me feel happy and relieved that you’re happy.

Of course I’m happy, I got to see you today!

Ahaha I’m happy I got to see you too. I’ve missed you a lot :c

I’ve missed you too! Hopefully we’ll see each other soon. Unnie, I’m tired. I’m going to go to sleep. Goodnight, sweet dreams! I love you best friend <3

Sweet dreams Naeunnie, I love you too!

I couldn’t stop smiling from the texts. I love how we always say I love you at the end of our conversation. I always do that because death can happen any time, so I want my last words to her to be I love you. Ugh. I’m just so grateful to Eunji unnie. She’s always there for me. She’s the one that sets me straight when I’m going off my path. She never fails to make me happy. In the 8 years we’ve known each other, I have never been mad or sad at her, which was amazing. All my other friends I’ve gotten mad at them at least once, but not Eunji unnie.

As time went on Eunji unnie and I gradually drifted away. Well it felt like we did because we stopped texting everyday, mainly my fault. I got tired of texting so I take forever to respond back. One time it took me a month to reply back to Eunji unnie. It’s not that I don’t want to talk to her, it’s just we ran out of things to talk about. Eunji unnie changed the way she talks to me. We would talk, then I’d ask

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter